• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

783 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2021 at 1:02 AM, The Meta said:

I love my kitty ganker builds, but always go with my Breton annihilation mage for power kills

Breton’s a good choice for that as you get extra Magic attributes.  

I’ve used it.  More flexibility and variety as a battlemage than just slugging away all the time with a sword.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just finished Uncharted 3 again on PS3, Crushing difficulty.

My planned itinerary when I get the PS5 is to complete the Uncharted series and also Horizon Zero Dawn PS4, and then GOTG PS5. 

That should keep me going a while.

Also looking forward to a complete run through of Mass Effect for the first time with the Legendary Edition, never having played the first game or quite a bit of DLC, which although a PS4 title runs in 4K on the new console. 

Nice job. I just got done with Crushing on Uncharted 4. Been a while since I wanted to snap a disc in half. lol

How was 3 on Crushing? I will be doing both 3 and 1 sometime soon as I have already done 2.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, Park said:

Nice job. I just got done with Crushing on Uncharted 4. Been a while since I wanted to snap a disc in half. lol

How was 3 on Crushing? I will be doing both 3 and 1 sometime soon as I have already done 2.

I actually don't find it that bad.  You can make quite a bit of progress, and then you hit a set piece here and there which is quite deliberately annoying, such as when you're suddenly locked into a confined area and the game throws loads of aggressive opponents at you, and the old favourite of spamming you with grenades.  I'm a fairly patient attrition player, so I'm happy to chip away slowly at the opposition from cover, look for choke points, etc.. And, if I get owned, simply try out a different strategy.  A lower difficulty allows you to get a feel for the controls, muscle memory, as well as unlocking Crushing here, but then it becomes rewarding to have to work out new, more cautious strategies when you go for the more masochistic settings.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I actually don't find it that bad.  You can make quite a bit of progress, and then you hit a set piece here and there which is quite deliberately annoying, such as when you're suddenly locked into a confined area and the game throws loads of aggressive opponents at you, and the old favourite of spamming you with grenades.  I'm a fairly patient attrition player, so I'm happy to chip away slowly at the opposition from cover, look for choke points, etc.. And, if I get owned, simply try out a different strategy.  A lower difficulty allows you to get a feel for the controls, muscle memory, as well as unlocking Crushing here, but then it becomes rewarding to have to work out new, more cautious strategies when you go for the more masochistic settings.

Agreed. When I played through UC2, it was very much like you are describing with being able to figure out a strategy. Hard but doable.

With UC4, there were those same spots but they made them ridiculous with no cover and wildly overpowered enemies. There was one level that I died hundreds of tomes and got lucky after about four or five hours. Minimal strategy and just being able to get lucky with every move you did. That was painful and not in any way rewarding.

And by judging what I read, I was not alone in suffering through that level. I guess I should also note that I wasn’t using any of the cheats either.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, Transplant said:

Merry Xmas to me.  Finally got an invite from PS Direct.  Logged in and went through the queue in about 20 minutes and was able to purchase a PS5 Disc version.  Should get it in about 7-10 days.  Now to ship the PS4 1TB off to Ebay.  

:banana:

On 12/9/2021 at 3:23 PM, The Meta said:

Is there a place to sign up for Canadian?

I think they only ship US.  Even signing up, it's a crapshoot whether you'll get an invite and another one to whether you'll get one that day. 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:42 AM, The Meta said:

Possibly 

That's cringe worthy though

The subscription worked for myself and every one of my friends here in the USA, so as much as I didn't care an oz for it prior to this 'shortage', it actually does work if you truly want a next-gen system.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Transplant said:

Merry Xmas to me.  Finally got an invite from PS Direct.  Logged in and went through the queue in about 20 minutes and was able to purchase a PS5 Disc version.  Should get it in about 7-10 days.  Now to ship the PS4 1TB off to Ebay.  

Congrats!  That's also recently been set up in the UK and I'd been considering signing up for it, but then got the offer I posted about earlier. Much the same random lottery or invite system, either way.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Congrats!  That's also recently been set up in the UK and I'd been considering signing up for it, but then got the offer I posted about earlier. Much the same random lottery or invite system, either way.

Haven't gotten anything from PS direct. Do you have to enter your email into a lottery or are they just sending out random emails to people?

On 12/10/2021 at 9:01 PM, The Meta said:

Haven't gotten anything from PS direct. Do you have to enter your email into a lottery or are they just sending out random emails to people?

I never looked into PS Direct at all. Before I got to that stage I received the other offer email and took that up instead.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I never looked into PS Direct at all. Before I got to that stage I received the other offer email and took that up instead.

I just get a list of retailers, can't buy one from Sony directly it seems