• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

They just need to raise prices on bulk submissions.

You are probably right but CSG and SGC have not proven a slabbed sale or resale price trend yet compared to Beckett BSG pricing levels. Actually, HGA's color coordinated grading labels look pretty sharp.

21 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

They just need to raise prices on bulk submissions.

Raising prices doesn't help anything its an excuse to make more money. Like youtbue pokemon sellers and lgs sellers saying they sell market price so scalpers won't buy them out on first day lol. Fake excuse for more money. To fix the problem isn't by raising prices, its by getting the work done by either hiring more or to stop taking orders and fulfill the orders that had estimates for only 30 days and been on recieved for over 4 months. Fix the problem cause raising prices won't fix my order thats been on recieved since Dec 

11 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

You are probably right but CSG and SGC have not proven a slabbed sale or resale price trend yet compared to Beckett BSG pricing levels. Actually, HGA's color coordinated grading labels look pretty sharp.

The margins on bulk submissions would still be rather worth it on cards that are actually worth grading, should they double the price of bulk grading. CGC prices are rivaling PSA on most things and if you see slabs for 'value', now's the time to be scooping them up, as that gap is closing very fast. Gap aside, they should still raise the prices. Constrained supply with rampant demand puts inflationary pressures in order to squash down arbitrage. PSA raised prices, reduced the demand for their product, increased their brand's quality, and they seem to be accelerating through their backload a little faster (they haven't hit the wall of submissions sent right at their price increase, though, which will set them back in the near term). Card grading is too inexpensive for non-premium cards.

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

The margins on bulk submissions would still be rather worth it on cards that are actually worth grading, should they double the price of bulk grading. CGC prices are rivaling PSA on most things and if you see slabs for 'value', now's the time to be scooping them up, as that gap is closing very fast. Gap aside, they should still raise the prices. Constrained supply with rampant demand puts inflationary pressures in order to squash down arbitrage. PSA raised prices, reduced the demand for their product, increased their brand's quality, and they seem to be accelerating through their backload a little faster (they haven't hit the wall of submissions sent right at their price increase, though, which will set them back in the near term). Card grading is too inexpensive for non-premium cards.

Psa slabs are still double what cgc is. They are not closing in yet. Still huge margins, if u raise the price on bulk then u will need to shift the max value to over 400 to make it worth it. Ur not gonna send a card in for 20 that had only 60 in value. Adding shipping expenses u lose

3 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Raising prices doesn't help anything its an excuse to make more money. Like youtbue pokemon sellers and lgs sellers saying they sell market price so scalpers won't buy them out on first day lol. Fake excuse for more money. To fix the problem isn't by raising prices, its by getting the work done by either hiring more or to stop taking orders and fulfill the orders that had estimates for only 30 days and been on recieved for over 4 months. Fix the problem cause raising prices won't fix my order thats been on recieved since Dec 

You should really apply for a job at CGC and bring your expertise to the masses. These ideas around increasing capacity have got to get to the boardroom quickly, so they can implement them.

Just now, Sp33dy said:

Psa slabs are still double what cgc is. They are not closing in yet. Still huge margins, if u raise the price on bulk then u will need to shift the max value to over 400 to make it worth it. Ur not gonna send a card in for 20 that had only 60 in value. Adding shipping expenses u lose

Dude, PSA slabs are not double CGC, not on the whole. I'm sure you can identify a handful of poor sales, but I suggest you collect a LOT more data before spouting off that level of nonsense. 

Just now, Ron Churches said:

You should really apply for a job at CGC and bring your expertise to the masses. These ideas around increasing capacity have got to get to the boardroom quickly, so they can implement them.

Yupp u sound exactly like this kid that got me banned for a few days lol. What u bring up is shot down because its du##, so then u try to be slick because ur thought process wasn't bright. Sorry that u go straight to attack

2 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Yupp u sound exactly like this kid that got me banned for a few days lol. What u bring up is shot down because its du##, so then u try to be slick because ur thought process wasn't bright. Sorry that u go straight to attack

I hope you sell your slabs for 50% PSA. When you post them, please send me a message. I will buy 100% of your slabs that are priced at 50% PSA prices, and I will do so immediately. 

Edited by Ron Churches

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

Dude, PSA slabs are not double CGC, not on the whole. I'm sure you can identify a handful of poor sales, but I suggest you collect a LOT more data before spouting off that level of nonsense. 

Bro look at all sales everywhere. Find me a consistent amount of cards that are rivaling psa slabs.u won't find it. If a psa card sells for 300 then the same grade for a cgc will be almost 200 less

Just now, Sp33dy said:

Bro look at all sales everywhere. Find me a consistent amount of cards that are rivaling psa slabs.u won't find it. If a psa card sells for 300 then the same grade for a cgc will be almost 200 less

I am begging you to sell me your CGC slabs at the pricing you are stating. I will pay you money for them right now. Please sell me a 100 dollar CGC slab where the PSA same grade is going for 300. 

6 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Then use PSA. Others will continue to use CGC and not complain about it over and over and over and over agin. Do you people not have anything better to do? 

Edited by Thebigbeerski
Spelling

53 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

You must not have seen the recent memo...

If you didn't submit your cards before February 16t, when they changed the policy from paying upfront to paying on the back end... there isn't much to complain about. I get it, they are backed up and people arent getting their items exactly when they feel they should be getting them. That's how life works. But for those that have had not only their cards, but also their money tied up, that's a bit of a different story and i feel they should certainly address it. Its gotten to the point where its borderline disrespectful.