• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

Let me get this straight: instead of suspending bulk/economy submission for a month while you figure your stuff out, instead of communicating clearly ahead of time that this will be happening to the consumer (while offering no reprisal for the consumer), by somehow arguing that "approximate time" can jump a month on you and still remain "approximate"... you are stockpiling people's wealth and saying we have no control over it. I hope your company gets slapped, honestly, we are very right to be mad at what's going on. I paid for an advertised service, period, and every step past that has been atrocious and I'm expected to hold my nose while throwing thousands at your company. Good luck

24 minutes ago, Bird said:

I was so ready to jump all over this this morning, but I figured I'd wait until Friday

but I will add, the wait is not "for no reason", if they could get you your cards earlier and still maintain standards they would

I also liked the suggestion that more expensive tiers should be stopped until the bulk ones get done. Why should your tier be prioritized over the others? I guess the answer is "I want it now!"

Thus it has always been, thus it shall always be...  :preach:

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I welcome all of them.  I don't even think we should offer any corrective behavior suggestions.  Know why?  Because they are here for a month and they make the comic veterans look like saints.  Wait until they learn about the Water Cooler. 

The Comic Veterans could also see this exact scenario coming a mile away... 🤷 

Also, Damn you autocorrect!

F9C47A04-4EF8-4109-BA9E-B2E250D86649.jpeg

C64F2486-4A9F-4ABC-B424-7C5806EA1A62.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

Yes, you are expected to put up with this. You know why? Because despite a few people who complain, scads more will still send in their cards. As long as the submission gravy train keeps flowing they have zero incentive to "figure your stuff out"

It's quite humorous to hear you card guys complaining about what the comic books guys have been complaining about for well over a decade now lol 

Man, I love this card forum @Buzzetta

Like I said...

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yes, you are expected to put up with this. You know why? Because despite a few people who complain, scads more will still send in their cards. As long as the submission gravy train keeps flowing they have zero incentive to "figure your stuff out"

It's quite humorous to hear you card guys complaining about what the comic books guys have been complaining about for well over a decade now lol 

Man, I love this card forum @Buzzetta

I hope everybody gets my point! Buzz is dead on. Either do something (stop submitting) or SHUT THE #$%^ UP!:takeit::flipbait:^^:bump::news:2c:martini::foryou::golfclap:

9 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

They just need to raise prices on bulk submissions.

Bingo.

This is basic economics guys, if your lowest grading tier that also yields you the lowest Topline Revenue on a per card basis (Bulk) is causing strain on your entire system, and is causing frustration amongst your biggest proponents (customers) and is also harming you PR-wise due to increased TAT, I can think of at least a few easy solutions to right the ship:

• Raise the price of Bulk with the goal of forcing your customers do at least some type of cost/benefit analysis before submitting, because at $9/card there is no need to think you just send in literally almost any card to make guaranteed profit 
  • Remove Bulk/Economy to create some additional capacity to clear up the backlog (like PSA did w/ their economy tier) effectively making Standard your new lowest tier (for a temporary period)
  • Make sub-grades mandatory, thus making Bulk $16/card which is still lower than PSA and it gives your brand consistency!!! <--- my vote

If sub-grades were to be mandatory, and assuming people have a fixed amount of $ to spend on grading, the amount of cards submitted at the Bulk tier would decrease 43% ($9/card vs $16/card on a fixed budget). No brainer in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Bingo.

This is basic economics guys, if your lowest grading tier that also yields you the lowest Topline Revenue on a per card basis (Bulk) is causing strain on your entire system, and is causing frustration amongst your biggest proponents (customers) and is also harming you PR-wise due to increased TAT, I can think of at least a few easy solutions to right the ship:

• Raise the price of Bulk with the goal of forcing your customers do at least some type of cost/benefit analysis before submitting, because at $9/card there is no need to think you just send in literally almost any card to make guaranteed profit 
  • Remove Bulk/Economy to create some additional capacity to clear up the backlog (like PSA did w/ their economy tier) effectively making Standard your new lowest tier (for a temporary period)
  • Make sub-grades mandatory, thus making Bulk $16/card which is still lower than PSA and it gives your brand consistency!!! <--- my vote

If sub-grades were to be mandatory, and assuming people have a fixed amount of $ to spend on grading, the amount of cards submitted at the Bulk tier would decrease 43% ($9/card vs $16/card on a fixed budget). No brainer in my opinion. 

The tiers are pretty up at the moment. 3 day gap between bulk and economy at double the price. Not much difference between standard and express other than price. 

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

13 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

Let me get this straight: instead of suspending bulk/economy submission for a month while you figure your stuff out, instead of communicating clearly ahead of time that this will be happening to the consumer (while offering no reprisal for the consumer), by somehow arguing that "approximate time" can jump a month on you and still remain "approximate"... you are stockpiling people's wealth and saying we have no control over it. I hope your company gets slapped, honestly, we are very right to be mad at what's going on. I paid for an advertised service, period, and every step past that has been atrocious and I'm expected to hold my nose while throwing thousands at your company. Good luck

The crazy high TATs are linked to their demand. So if you leave, you won't be missed. Any complaint here won't matter, it's urinating in the wind. If you want to file an actual complaint, go here: https://www.bbb.org/ Either they will take it seriously or laugh at your first world problem.

Edited by William-James88

9 hours ago, Bird said:

I was so ready to jump all over this this morning, but I figured I'd wait until Friday

but I will add, the wait is not "for no reason", if they could get you your cards earlier and still maintain standards they would

I also liked the suggestion that more expensive tiers should be stopped until the bulk ones get done. Why should your tier be prioritized over the others? I guess the answer is "I want it now!"

20210318_233303.jpg.da84710cb6312cdd38565a5e77906da8.jpg