• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

The tiers are pretty up at the moment. 3 day gap between bulk and economy at double the price. Not much difference between standard and express other than price. 

The difference between standard and express is the express order that arrived on wednesday was received on the system Thursday so the counter can begin, the standard order that I had delivered two and a half weeks ago still hasn’t been opened.

it’s not an 8 day gap as turnaround time suggest, more like 23 

3 hours ago, Nathan Robins said:

The difference between standard and express is the express order that arrived on wednesday was received on the system Thursday so the counter can begin, the standard order that I had delivered two and a half weeks ago still hasn’t been opened.

it’s not an 8 day gap as turnaround time suggest, more like 23 

Oh wow. I haven't sent any in since last month. Two and a half weeks and hasn't even been logged is brutal.

52 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I am almost at the point to have them send back mine. I waited more than long enough for a 20-30 day estimate. I would of did a higher service level if I knew they were going to push us this far.

I've thought of bumping mine up just to get them out of there but Econ is almost the same TAT as bulk for twice the price 😂

14 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I've thought of bumping mine up just to get them out of there but Econ is almost the same TAT as bulk for twice the price 😂

It is really a joke and looks bad for a company to do. We pay them to grade our cards. They don't pay us to wait extended periods of time with all these hiccups for our valuables.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

19 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

The margins on bulk submissions would still be rather worth it on cards that are actually worth grading, should they double the price of bulk grading. CGC prices are rivaling PSA on most things and if you see slabs for 'value', now's the time to be scooping them up, as that gap is closing very fast. Gap aside, they should still raise the prices. Constrained supply with rampant demand puts inflationary pressures in order to squash down arbitrage. PSA raised prices, reduced the demand for their product, increased their brand's quality, and they seem to be accelerating through their backload a little faster (they haven't hit the wall of submissions sent right at their price increase, though, which will set them back in the near term). Card grading is too inexpensive for non-premium cards.

If it was incoming bulk orders that were the issue it wouldn't affect the previous orders. Pretty sure it's due to standard and above coming in matching or exceeding throughput so theyre making very little progress on the current backlog and adding to it with new orders. Almost at 70 business days and sent in early Dec. Would have rather paid $1 more per card at the time of grading than have almost $500 tied up for so long. I could have sent quite a few standards through with that money in the meantime. 

18 hours ago, Bird said:

I also liked the suggestion that more expensive tiers should be stopped until the bulk ones get done. Why should your tier be prioritized over the others? I guess the answer is "I want it now!"

I hear what you’re saying - but my guess is they’d rather grade that FF1 and get it out the door before looking at somebody’s 20 copies of Star Wats High Republic , it stinks for the guy flipping though as these are time sensitive .

I would add for what it’s worth , I think simply just logging items in would alleviate a lot of stress for those of us who send orders in , whether it takes you another 30 days to actually start grading is irrelevant , just let me know it’s there and not is some USPS black hole .

5 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I hear what you’re saying - but my guess is they’d rather grade that FF1 and get it out the door before looking at somebody’s 20 copies of Star Wats High Republic , it stinks for the guy flipping though as these are time sensitive .

I would add for what it’s worth , I think simply just logging items in would alleviate a lot of stress for those of us who send orders in , whether it takes you another 30 days to actually start grading is irrelevant , just let me know it’s there and not is some USPS black hole .

they are talking about trading card TATs but the principle is the same I guess

Angel of death, ur jokes are not funny. U continue to be cgcs fire extinguisher. U know nothing is going correct so ur trying to belittle or make ppl feel wrong for the way they feel about their service. I wish we all had small brains, but sorry buddy when we feel things are wrong we speak up. I know u jus accept anything and everything thats done to u but not everyone is like that 

41 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’m not going to lie but that is a major problem. It was even brought up in the comics section as the back log there is growing. Given what I have seen from USPS especially in the last year and even after the 2020 holiday season I would be stressing if I had something expensive sent and see it was allegedly delivered but then nothing shows on CGC’s end for weeks.

It’s not just USPS, I’ve seen all the carriers zaniness over the years. Amazon delivery sends us emails with pictures of the packages delivered...we always know when it’s not at the right place when the door mat isn’t actually ours.

The poster in the comics section suggesting adopting a system similar to PSA to at least acknowledge packages truly are received by the company. We all can see post after post asking and freaking out about whether packages are actually in house. I can’t imagine how many phone calls they get regarding this.

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

Angel of death, ur jokes are not funny. U continue to be cgcs fire extinguisher. U know nothing is going correct so ur trying to belittle or make ppl feel wrong for the way they feel about their service. I wish we all had small brains, but sorry buddy when we feel things are wrong we speak up. I know u jus accept anything and everything thats done to u but not everyone is like that 

Instead of complaining why not just simply use another company......that's what I would do. Why stay in a one sided relationship. You did say that "Psa slabs are still double what cgc is".

13 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

I like how people are legit trying to badmouth me, I didn't say anything to any respective member yet here you all are thinking you are worth more than fertilizer posting here. What a bunch of clowns, get real

They are mad at people who say the truth about what is going on here. It is like a pyramid scheme as of right now.  Hopefully the manager gets back to me.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles