• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are we expected to put up with this ?
2 2

308 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

Honestly, if Disney had demand that made their lines explode on the scale you reference, they would absolutely increase prices and would sell premium tickets to high rollers who wanted to skip the line. 

9 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Many people would be compensated at Disney happens all the time they don't want to be sued. Increasing prices is one thing but lieing/adding extreme /drastic time changes Is different.

lol at two people that imagine they understand how Disney works.

Anyone else here ever see Die Hard 3?

Simon creates such a nuisance around the city of New York that while the police are trying to stop him from terrorizing the city, all of the minor crimes like robbing the Federal Reserve go unnoticed. 

The card collectors have arrived.  I think we should wake up some of the older board members.  NOW is the time for a Cal thread. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

lol at two people that imagine they understand how Disney works.

Agreed. :roflmao:

Premium Tickets.. Uh.. they open the park early to those who stay in the park. 

Skip line.. You mean Fast Pass.. 

Many correlations to Grading. 

Pay for Walkthrough...

Pay for Fast Track.. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This could be the Friday thread I logged on to see.

1032620322_imageproxy(3).gif.57947da0177f5ba22275370c5fb3d72a.gif

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Anyone else here ever see Die Hard 3?

Simon creates such a nuisance around the city of New York that while the police are trying to stop him from terrorizing the city, all of the minor crimes like robbing the Federal Reserve go unnoticed. 

The card collectors have arrived.  I think we should wake up some of the older board members.  NOW is the time for a Cal thread. 

1042793909_tenor-4(6).gif.5978c39ae7d5a25a73af6f1fb9d0cb92.gif

25 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I'm talking about the whole day for one ride that you didn't even get to ride yet you stood in line all day so that your ticket wasn't worth even buying. Kind of like this situation.

I don't understand why you're lining up at Disneyland when you have bigger issues to deal with like the delay in grading your cards.

wallyworld.jpg

Edited by thehumantorch

Suddenly I feel the need to spend $100 just to send some cards in that really aren't worth anything nor anything that really should be graded just to further delay time for everyone else who REALLY wants cards graded. 

OMG.... now I know what it is like to have moderns graded. 

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I don't understand why you're lining up at Disneyland when you have bigger issues to deal with like the delay in grading your cards.

wallyworld.jpg

Considering their understanding of how Disney and CGC Grading works, they definitely are not lining up at the parks. Their money is tied up in "flipping marines" and have nothing else to do.. FB_IMG_1514826246211.jpg.8a8280a5cb26c9abaa288e279a53669c.jpg

I mean, sure, let's all get high and mighty as we encapsulate silly things we liked as kids in plastic with a few subjective grading criteria so they turn into something more than they realistically are (a game that you play, a book that you read), like, some self awareness please? We live in clown world! I'm just trying to have fun here and this is kinda sapping the enjoyment factor from collecting, I'm honestly surprised at the typical forum oldster crowd, especially here... this is a small forum haha, whew, like, you have no relevance, so why play the heel? We're all on the same side lol

Edited by The Nameless One

3 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

I mean, sure, let's all get high and mighty as we encapsulate silly things we liked as kids in plastic with a few subjective grading criteria so they turn into something more than they realistically are (a game that you play, a book that you read), like, some self awareness please? We live in clown world! I'm just trying to have fun here and this is kinda sapping the enjoyment factor from collecting, I'm honestly surprised at the typical forum oldster crowd, especially here... this is a small forum haha, whew, like, you have no relevance, so why play the heel? We're all on the same side lol

I can get onside with this.  I've had people laugh at me because I collect comic books and I don't see any point in thinking any other hobby or collectible is silly.  If you enjoy something don't let anyone tell you it ain't cool.

33 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Why play the heel?

Nothing is better than, "the heel" no matter how old they are.

"Space mountain may be the oldest line in the park but it's got the longest line. WOOOOOOOO!!!!"

If you want a 'real' answer though let me know.

Edited by Buzzetta

35 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Here is the real answer.  No one is ridiculing what your hobby is.  We are ridiculing the entitlement and self worth that you are placing upon your need to get things done now and what you feel CGC should do at this point.  CGC was definitely not prepared for the influx of cards that were submitted.  But to carry on the way that some of the card collectors have about turn around times is honestly just to fun to watch.  It is what it is. You were part of the first wave of customers to submit cards.  I am sure that they will make adjustments down the line.

Comic collectors have dealt with it for years.  Things happen.  At the end of the day they are pieces of cardboard like comics are pieces of collected newsprint. Sure there is 'value' but I don't know if I would say that there is mass 'importance' as if it were a life or death situation.  It is what it is.

I just submitted a book down to CGC to be remarqued and signed by Eastman co creator of TMNT.  It looks like it did not make the cutoff because it does not say waiting to be graded.  It still says, "received".  According to the email I received the 9.4 copy of the book I sent will be shipped to Eastman for him to sign and draw on and for him to send it back and then they will be graded at CGC.  I am already aware of and at peace knowing that it is most likely not going to be a 9.4 when I get it back.

Things happen.  I made the decision to submit. I made that choice knowing at any point things could go south or something unexpected could happen.  

You guys need to seriously take a breath, chill out, and let it work itself out. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is the real answer.  No one is ridiculing what your hobby is.  We are ridiculing the entitlement and self worth that you are placing upon your need to get things done now and what you feel CGC should do at this point.  CGC was definitely not prepared for the influx of cards that were submitted.  But to carry on the way that some of the card collectors have about turn around times is honestly just to fun to watch.  It is what it is. You were part of the first wave of customers to submit cards.  I am sure that they will make adjustments down the line.

Comic collectors have dealt with it for years.  Things happen.  At the end of the day they are pieces of cardboard like comics are pieces of collected newsprint. Sure there is 'value' but I don't know if I would say that there is mass 'importance' as if it were a life or death situation.  It is what it is.

I just submitted a book down to CGC to be remarqued and signed by Eastman co creator of TMNT.  It looks like it did not make the cutoff because it does not say waiting to be graded.  It still says, "received".  According to the email I received the 9.4 copy of the book I sent will be shipped to Eastman for him to sign and draw on and for him to send it back and then they will be graded at CGC.  I am already aware of and at peace knowing that it is most likely not going to be a 9.4 when I get it back.

Things happen.  I made the decision to submit. I made that choice knowing at any point things could go south or something unexpected could happen.  

You guys need to seriously take a breath, chill out, and let it work itself out. 

+1.  This right here . 

( ran out of reactions.  It's been a decent Friday.)

10 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

Oh, I'm so sorry that you are tired and not having fun! Shame that you can't simply avoid the inch worth of internet page which leads to this thread, whew

I try, but the same topic literally takes over the front page every time and there is no way to resolve your issue besides just asking for your cards back at this point. Like you could probably send them to another grading service but it'll take just as long to get them back, if not longer.

I'm seriously sorry you are stuck in this predicament but no one can help you, especially if you're not willing to wait and see if the new building and employees can even make a difference.