• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRZRKR #1 1:1000
1 1

147 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, god503 said:

U are assuming I was taunting.  Which was not the case.  However if you are going to say my assertion is incorrect then yes prove it instead of just saying your wrong....  

I am repeating the facts that were presented to me by people more knowledgeable about the situation than me.  If i am wrong....  THEN PROVE IT....  otherwise save YOUR assumptions. 

Looks like a taunt to me, but that is my opinion.  

And I do believe Bleeding Cool's article proved you were wrong - not me.  I was simply passing on the information...

BRZRKR 1:1000 Signed By Jonboy Meyers Rarer Than Those By Keanu Reeves

2 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

I am repeating the facts that were presented to me by people more knowledgeable about the situation than me.  If i am wrong....  THEN PROVE IT....  otherwise save YOUR assumptions. 

Looks like a taunt to me, but that is my opinion.  

And I do believe Bleeding Cool's article proved you were wrong - not me.  I was simply passing on the information...

BRZRKR 1:1000 Signed By Jonboy Meyers Rarer Than Those By Keanu Reeves

AFTER THE FACT!!!  JONBOY took those copies after the signing.  Trying to prove me wrong with information that  NOONE had access to since NOONE KNEW because it hadn't happened yet is by definition, revisionist. ;)

Edited by god503

3 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

Not everyone buys a comic book so they can flip it...

Yes I agree, however these particular people did so. Again can ANYONE come up with a logical reason why when the graded version is going for double the price????  Why turn down the grading if you are going to flip it???????  My theory is the census reported 7 copies that were NOT 9.8....  crack and sell Dylan style?????

Edited by god503

7 hours ago, god503 said:

AFTER THE FACT!!!  JONBOY took those copies after the signing.  Trying to prove me wrong with information that  NOONE had access to since NOONE KNEW because it hadn't happened yet is by definition, revisionist. ;)

And how do you know he got them after the fact?  What proof do you have?  As @revat was simply trying to warn you about - quit presenting conjecture as fact.  There are more information and variables out there than all of us know.  If you can't understand that, then there's nothing further I have to say about it.  Good luck to you...

7 hours ago, god503 said:
10 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

Not everyone buys a comic book so they can flip it...

Yes I agree, however these particular people did so. Again can ANYONE come up with a logical reason why when the graded version is going for double the price????  Why turn down the grading if you are going to flip it???????  My theory is the census reported 7 copies that were NOT 9.8....  crack and sell Dylan style?????

Here's two extremely far-fetched out-of-this-world-super-unlikely scenarios:

Imagine this, there's a local comic book store owner, he knows his customer base well.  He knows his usual customers who usually buy the ultra-rare variants generally don't prefer CGC.  At the time of ordering (in the middle of a generational pandemic), he doesn't know how much the comic will be worth or how they'll grade (what if he gets stuck with the CGC 9.2, maybe it's happened before), so he doesn't want to put in the extra $50-$100 (i don't know all the details of op so I assume there was a fee) or so for CGC when he's not sure he'll get extra value out of his customers.  But months later when the book comes out, none of his normal customers are willing to pay the market rate, so he puts it up online for a higher price.

Another scenario is that someone initially wanted it for their collection but doesn't like CGC, and then when they saw the prices for ebay, they changed their mind to flipping.  Wild right?

I understand your enthusiasm for this book, but consider some devil's advocate positions with yourself.

9 hours ago, revat said:

Here's two extremely far-fetched out-of-this-world-super-unlikely scenarios:

Imagine this, there's a local comic book store owner, he knows his customer base well.  He knows his usual customers who usually buy the ultra-rare variants generally don't prefer CGC.  At the time of ordering (in the middle of a generational pandemic), he doesn't know how much the comic will be worth or how they'll grade (what if he gets stuck with the CGC 9.2, maybe it's happened before), so he doesn't want to put in the extra $50-$100 (i don't know all the details of op so I assume there was a fee) or so for CGC when he's not sure he'll get extra value out of his customers.  But months later when the book comes out, none of his normal customers are willing to pay the market rate, so he puts it up online for a higher price.

Another scenario is that someone initially wanted it for their collection but doesn't like CGC, and then when they saw the prices for ebay, they changed their mind to flipping.  Wild right?

I understand your enthusiasm for this book, but consider some devil's advocate positions with yourself.

It's not about enthusiasm...  it's just a feeling of a Dylan manoover.

10 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

And how do you know he got them after the fact?  What proof do you have?  As @revat was simply trying to warn you about - quit presenting conjecture as fact.  There are more information and variables out there than all of us know.  If you can't understand that, then there's nothing further I have to say about it.  Good luck to you...

We all have access to the same info for the most part but your question on how I know came from the article YOU quoted... :baiting:

Sometimes it is how we perceive the information in front of us. 

20210326_013631.thumb.jpg.b430a2f38fb97beb55cdc45b74296180.jpg

I am not suggesting that this may not have been some sort of maneuver as 503 suggests. Just that we only have so much data available and we all can have varying interpretations of it. 

3 hours ago, god503 said:

We all have access to the same info for the most part but your question on how I know came from the article YOU quoted... :baiting:

The article never said Jonboy received his copies after the fact.  Actually, the article never reported when Jonboy received his copies - it just reported that he had some.  The point is that you again made an assumption that you are trying to present as fact which is just another example of your conjecture.  :makepoint:  Again, good luck to you...

3 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

The article never said Jonboy received his copies after the fact.  Actually, the article never reported when Jonboy received his copies - it just reported that he had some.  The point is that you again made an assumption that you are trying to present as fact which is just another example of your conjecture.  :makepoint:  Again, good luck to you...

Splitting hairs to fit your narrative :preach:

7 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Sometimes it is how we perceive the information in front of us. 

20210326_013631.thumb.jpg.b430a2f38fb97beb55cdc45b74296180.jpg

I am not suggesting that this may not have been some sort of maneuver as 503 suggests. Just that we only have so much data available and we all can have varying interpretations of it. 

Hence the purpose of a public forum... to discuss ideas..  ;)

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

There are discussions and there are arguments.  I do believe this has degraded into the latter. 

Only if it get personal.  Otherwise a spirited discussion 

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just wait until the debate really moves into the how many were actually manufactured vs what they reported as manufactured.  

This I agree with

6 hours ago, god503 said:

Splitting hairs to fit your narrative :preach:

Below is the article in its entirety as written by it's author.  Please show us where it says Jonboy received his books after the fact.  :makepoint:

Jonboy Meyers gets in touch to tell me that he had a few copies of the 1:1000 BRZRKR #1 covers that are not signed by Keanu Reeves but instead are signed by him. He is auctioning them off, with the proceeds going to charity.

It turns out that Keanu Reeves signed 670 500 copies of them (400 went to retailers) – the majority of the print run. Those not signed by Keanu Reeves are rarer than those that were. But even rarer are the ten not signed by Keanu Reeves but signed by Jonboy Meyers.

The charities that JonBoy Meyers is raising money for are Hero Initiative, which helps comic book creators with medical and financial help, STOP AAPI HATE, which fight discrimination, violence and racism against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, STAND! For Families Free of Violence that represent those who have suffered from domestic and child abuse and Save the Children, who combat child trafficking.

The first two for the Hero Initiative and STOP are live on eBay right now, sitting around the $1500. The other two will go live afterwards.

In comparison, copies of the 670 released versions signed by Keanu Reeves have sold for $2,500 on eBay or just shy of $4,000 CGC 9.8.

2 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

Below is the article in its entirety as written by it's author.  Please show us where it says Jonboy received his books after the fact.  :makepoint:

Jonboy Meyers gets in touch to tell me that he had a few copies of the 1:1000 BRZRKR #1 covers that are not signed by Keanu Reeves but instead are signed by him. He is auctioning them off, with the proceeds going to charity.

It turns out that Keanu Reeves signed 670 500 copies of them (400 went to retailers) – the majority of the print run. Those not signed by Keanu Reeves are rarer than those that were. But even rarer are the ten not signed by Keanu Reeves but signed by Jonboy Meyers.

The charities that JonBoy Meyers is raising money for are Hero Initiative, which helps comic book creators with medical and financial help, STOP AAPI HATE, which fight discrimination, violence and racism against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, STAND! For Families Free of Violence that represent those who have suffered from domestic and child abuse and Save the Children, who combat child trafficking.

The first two for the Hero Initiative and STOP are live on eBay right now, sitting around the $1500. The other two will go live afterwards.

In comparison, copies of the 670 released versions signed by Keanu Reeves have sold for $2,500 on eBay or just shy of $4,000 CGC 9.8.

Jonboy Meyers gets in touch to tell me that he had a few copies of the 1:1000 BRZRKR #1 covers that are not signed by Keanu Reeves but instead are signed by him.  NOW YOUR GOING TO TELL ME HE WAS ABLE TO GET THEM BEFORE KEANU??????  :screwy: