• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

So @G G ® ™ and @oakman29 This was the book in question.  This was at a low point in Ditko's life when Jim Shooter claims to have been giving him work at Valiant just to honor the old guard and to help Ditko pay the bills.  Ditko did in fact sign a limited number of copies of this book.   However Aliens may have made it so that there were more than the official number of limited copies out there in circulation.   Of course, CBCS will 'verify' this book. 

cf7551ac868e487f87f6473b894cb76b.jpg

18434832a2b2ab0c8a13b06182fe30b7.jpg

4bf7cb8df94c703b92fc7109ab24fa5c.png

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

So @G G ® ™ and @oakman29 This was the book in question.  This was at a low point in Ditko's life when Jim Shooter claims to have been giving him work at Valiant just to honor the old guard and to help Ditko pay the bills.  Ditko did in fact sign a limited number of copies of this book.   However Aliens may have made it so that there were more than the official number of limited copies out there in circulation. 

cf7551ac868e487f87f6473b894cb76b.jpg

18434832a2b2ab0c8a13b06182fe30b7.jpg

Damn that signature almost looks like it. 

A few people have expressed concerns over this kid's state of mind, shall we say?

I really don't know. I guarantee if I met him I could get a handle on him, but that's not gonna happen.

I've just got a sneaking suspicion he is loving and lapping up all this attention, despite it not being positive.

In past Dylan fiascos, I would occasionally post that I was hoping he would take a step back, reevaluate his tactics, and become an asset to the hobby.

Sadly, his behavior pattern keeps getting worse, and he’s starting to remind me of someone I once knew who wound up doing several months in federal prison.

Just now, G G ® ™ said:

A few people have expressed concerns over this kid's state of mind, shall we say?

I really don't know. I guarantee if I met him I could get a handle on him, but that's not gonna happen.

I've just got a sneaking suspicion he is loving and lapping up all this attention, despite it not being positive.

You have a way with people, but they have to be willing....I hope you aren't right about the attention...

2 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

I get the impression that he thrives on this kind of chaos, yes.

Of course, what he doesn't seem to understand yet, is that it will burn him down one day.

Edited by speedcake

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

and he’s starting to remind me of someone I once knew who wound up doing several months in federal prison.

How is Mom?   :baiting:

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

I get the impression that he thrives on this kind of chaos, yes.

Of course, what he doesn't seem to understand yet, is that it will burn him down one day.

It is very unfortunate, but 

worldburn-top.jpg.7901be6a353696d330d1869feb4cb8d6.jpg

Just now, oakman29 said:

Treat people with respect , and you get respect back. Especially when you are dealing with the kind of sales and money changing hands, from other board members. Always been my motto.

Principals we should all strive to live by. :golfclap:

13 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You have a way with people, but they have to be willing..

I believe that is the working title for Harvey Weinstein's biography.

30 minutes ago, Red84 said:
49 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I believe in one of the deleted threads that Polonsky mentioned his fathers number was also on his business cards.....and that Dylan must have had one of them.

Based on the above I think the initial description should be modified to state that Dylan repeatedly called Polonsky and his business partner via multiple numbers. Reading the write up I thought Dylan had been harassing an uninvolved family member, Polonsky's father, when in fact he was calling additional numbers on Polonsky's business card. That is a different dynamic.

I contacted Polonsky to find out more information about this.

Polonsky does not actually know how Dylan got his fathers phone number.  He said he has met Dylan at shows, and Dylan knows he works alone on the comics as his dad knows nothing about them.  He does not remember ever giving Dylan a business card....which are not comic related anyway.  The cards are for their Rare Coin and Medal business.  He said Dylan may have also tracked down their coin website and found the number there.....but he honestly doesn't know.

Either way, Dylan only started calling Polonsky's father after Polonsky told him to cease all attempts at communication.  So, I'm going to let the nomination post stand as it is.

24 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I contacted Polonsky to find out more information about this.

Polonsky does not actually know how Dylan got his fathers phone number.  He said he has met Dylan at shows, and Dylan knows he works alone on the comics as his dad knows nothing about them.  He does not remember ever giving Dylan a business card....which are not comic related anyway.  The cards are for their Rare Coin and Medal business.  He said Dylan may have also tracked down their coin website and found the number there.....but he honestly doesn't know.

Either way, Dylan only started calling Polonsky's father after Polonsky told him to cease all attempts at communication.  So, I'm going to let the nomination post stand as it is.

Thank you for clarifying. I thought it was a comic business card with the dad’s number.