• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios Hawkeye spinoff Echo coming to Disney+
2 2

130 posts in this topic

Speaking to Murphy's Multiverse in a recent interview, Hawkeye producer Trinh Tran had plenty of praise to heap upon Cox. Fans were a bit baffled to hear a new character - who, it should be noted, is played by an acting newcomer - was already getting a spin-off, but Tran explained it makes plenty of sense when considering how great Cox is in Hawkeye. Tran said:

"She is such a badass in this series. She really completely impressed us all with her determination and hard work in wanting to make sure Maya Lopez is the way everybody wants. I have to say there was a bit of nervousness at the beginning because Alaqua hasn’t been a part of the industry. To get somebody brand new and pull her into a character like Maya Lopez, it’s a big deal. But she took it in strides, worked hard, and proved to us that there is a character who’s deaf but is able to be a part of the MCU and be a superhero in her own right."

First reported by The Illuminerdi, Ken Kristensen and Dara Resnik have both joined the room actively developing Echo. Kristensen wrote for The Punisher during both of its seasons on Netflix, while Resnik was on the staff of Daredevil's third season.

Nothing has been revealed about the plot or supposed cast of Echo, other than the fact Alaqua Cox will return in the titular role.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:34 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Tah-tonk-cah...(thumbsu

I had zero interest in Echo.  But I like his character in Dances With Wolves so much that now I have about 5% interest in it.

***Still watch DWW whenever it shows up on TV

On 3/15/2022 at 10:49 AM, Straw-Man said:

he had a little role at the end of 1883; it was good to see him again.

Thunderheart! :yeehaw:

I have zero interest in watching a TV show where the main character uses sign language with subtitles. When I'm watching a TV show, I'm not capable of paying enough attention to the bottom of the screen with my eyes for me to notice the subtitles showing up in time to actually read it all. By the time I notice the subtitle popped up and then start reading it, the subtitle goes away before I am able finish reading it. I end up missing half of the dialog. Yeah, sure, I can rewind and watch it again, but that just ruins the flow, pacing, and enjoyment. 

Same thing happened to me in the Eternals movie, ruining it.