• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Aliens Vol 1 reach cult status
1 1

284 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, Iceman399 said:

I'm not a huge fan of sig series but when the aliens signing took place I had to jump at it.  Torrey took good care of me.  I know it's a repost for some of you.

452417724_Image(1891)(1).thumb.jpg.829a5ed64984b432f1491c1de2ad5814.jpg

I'm generally not much of a signature guy on my books, but holy moly, this is absolutely amazing. I had to chime in to tell you how much I love it. 

3 hours ago, Parabellum said:

If it’s this book it’s not Earth War issue 3.  This book is Aliens Vol 2 issue 4 variant.  Ripley has a full cameo on the last page introducing her into the last part of the trilogy which was Earth War.

F377BB82-7339-4EDF-8353-20E4915E1C73.jpeg

Yeah that's the one I meant

9 hours ago, profholt82 said:

I'm generally not much of a signature guy on my books, but holy moly, this is absolutely amazing. I had to chime in to tell you how much I love it. 

Same here.  But that one is really impressive.   One of the best ones I've ever seen.  

Missing the Stan Lee sig though.  :insane:

3 hours ago, marino1 said:

I remember the old wizard magazines would show cgc sales toward the back and remember someone bought aliens#1 cgc 9.8 for I think like $30 bucks.

GPA lists an Aliens #1 cgc 9.8 sale way back in 2007 for $25. Cert. number was 0144907009. Whoever has that book got a spectacular deal.

Absolutely love the Alien franchise. I have the first mini-series, all first prints too. Definitely plan on submitting them to CGC in the future. I was a little skeptical of Marvel taking over the helm too, but I’m enjoying the new series so far. I have placed this sketch on other threads within the chat boards:

7FE8DCD8-F2D9-434B-B17A-BCCF47F0CAB5.jpeg

On 3/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Really only 7 #2 in 9.8?

Make me think it should be worth more than #1

It is typically a sub $10 book raw (and probably $3 last December or whenever the current round of slab candidates were sent in), not exactly a book the screams "slab me"

50 minutes ago, the blob said:

It is typically a sub $10 book raw (and probably $3 last December or whenever the current round of slab candidates were sent in), not exactly a book the screams "slab me"

Might be soon

Interested in finding out how difficult this cover really is 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Might be soon

Interested in finding out how difficult this cover really is 

is it difficult or has nobody bothered? i know, it is black and 33 years old, so probably hard, but not logically any harder than #1

1 hour ago, the blob said:

is it difficult or has nobody bothered? i know, it is black and 33 years old, so probably hard, but not logically any harder than #1

Well, we wait and find out 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

And I'd say out of that list, Predator 3 is the hardest book to hit 9.8

@Parabellum

Based on census numbers and public sales Aliens #2 1989 would be considered the toughest.  Myself and @ramrod44own two out of the five. I bought mine from @ironcorn and he got his from comic link.  We both paid more for that book than we did for Predator #3.

Edited by Parabellum