• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Aliens Vol 1 reach cult status
1 1

284 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Based on census numbers and public sales Aliens #2 1989 would be considered the toughest.  Myself and @ramrod44own two out of the five. I bought mine from @ironcorn and he got his from comic link.  We both paid more for that book than we did for Predator #3.

Count me as having one. That leaves 2

7 hours ago, Parabellum said:

@Dr. Dankwhen did you acquire your copy?  Nicely done!

Honestly cannot remember 

Somewhere between 2013 and 2019 is the best I can do

I've started making a list of what goes in and out of my collection because I didn't keep track before

Edited by Dr. Dank

When I started looking for my #2, there were two in the census. When I finally landed mine (years later) there were four. I got mine as part of a trade, and we valued it at about $700, and that was...six or seven years ago? Longer? At the time, #1 was about $400 by comparison (I'd "overpaid" $350 for mine, because I was desperate to have it. In hindsight, I did well.) 

All of those years, and there are still only a handful accounted for in grade. It's a legit tough book. I'd be really curious to see where one would end up in a fair auction. The math suggest that it should be worth more than the #1 due to scarcity, but more folks are interested in the #1 "key" than they are in finishing the set, no doubt. So I don't THINK it would surpass the $3k+ that the 1 is pulling these days. That being said, $1500-$2000 wouldn't surprise me in the least. I don't think I'd ever sell mine, but the conversation wouldn't even get started for less than $2k, because I simply wouldn't be able to replace it. (Again, not selling, just taking!)

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

When I started looking for my #2, there were two in the census. When I finally landed mine (years later) there were four. I got mine as part of a trade, and we valued it at about $700, and that was...six or seven years ago? Longer? At the time, #1 was about $400 by comparison (I'd "overpaid" $350 for mine, because I was desperate to have it. In hindsight, I did well.) 

All of those years, and there are still only a handful accounted for in grade. It's a legit tough book. I'd be really curious to see where one would end up in a fair auction. The math suggest that it should be worth more than the #1 due to scarcity, but more folks are interested in the #1 "key" than they are in finishing the set, no doubt. So I don't THINK it would surpass the $3k+ that the 1 is pulling these days. That being said, $1500-$2000 wouldn't surprise me in the least. I don't think I'd ever sell mine, but the conversation wouldn't even get started for less than $2k, because I simply wouldn't be able to replace it. (Again, not selling, just taking!)

It's a valid stance in my eyes. I really wish I could remember what I paid for mine, or who I bought from.

I recently pulled all my books from storage, and they had been in storage at least 5 years, and found I had the whole set in 9.8. I thought they were all 9.6, so that was a delight. 

Turns out it was my Predator set that is 9.6, except for the number 1, of which I also have the second print in 9.8 as well

What's really weird is I found a Grendel War Child 4 and 6 SS Bisley 9.8s in the mix. 

It's just such a random find lol

I just took a look at Go Collect for this one and will need to add it to the list of "selling off a few years ago" regrets. Never got it graded but bought new off the shelf and kept nice. I do still have Dark Horse Presents #24 so hopefully there is some trickle down in value. 

9 hours ago, Parabellum said:

@F For Fakegot it!

213AE539-E1C8-4E45-AEC2-30119271CEB9.jpeg

Awesome! Glad you worked it out. That’s not one you’re going to see again anytime soon, for sure!