• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - CLOSED
3 3

93 posts in this topic

Like I said, I felt bad but had made an offer on another big dollar book before this one and unfortunately had to back out since that deal happened

On another note I didn’t really feel comfortable sending a check too but that is beside the point. 
I apologize. 

On the contrary, its not "beside the point" - its an actual point, as my rules clearly stated in #2:

Rules:

1.  I live in the LA vicinity and happy to do deals in person.  Time payments are fine up to 1 month but PM me to work this out before you take a book and/or PM me if you need longer.

2.  Payment by check or money order

3.  First unconditional :takeit: in thread wins the book. A post in the thread takes precedence over any PM sale that might be agreed to but not yet posted to the sales thread.  I'm open to hearing offers via PM, but thread beats PM.

4.  Shipping within the US included via UPS. US shipping only.

5. All books are slabbed by CGC. No returns on CGC books.

6. No HOS or probation boardies. 

7. I've been on the boards for more than a decade - doing deals without hassle. Happy to provide references, if needed. I've also done deals with a wide variety of collectors and dealers for many years.

8.  Please contact me if you want to run any scenario by me. I'm very responsive to PMs.

20 minutes ago, Gruson said:

On another note I didn’t really feel comfortable sending a check too but that is beside the point. 

You're right. It IS beside the point and completely irrelevant. It is in the seller's rules which you are expected to read before making a purchase.

Don't make offers that you can't or won't honor. That's a real quick way to effectively lose your buying and selling privileges here because no one has time for that nonsense. :preach:

43 minutes ago, Gruson said:

Like I said, I felt bad but had made an offer on another big dollar book before this one and unfortunately had to back out since that deal happened

I apologize. 

Yeah..that’s not really how it works. You can’t make multiple deals and then pick the one you like best. 

This is quite cut and dry. @Gruson needs to honor his commitment to @dem1138 .  I can appreciate that he stated a reason for backing out but it does not change the fact that he claimed the book as per the stated rules. If @dem1138is willing to accept payment over time, that may be the best resolution for all. 

5 hours ago, wombat said:

It probably doesn't help the buyer's case posted a wanted to buy a few hours ago. 

There you go.....  

On a side note, I’m not a fan of sellers having to accept payments if that was not part of the original deal.

Just now, CAHokie said:

There you go.....  

On a side note, I’m not a fan of sellers having to accept payments if that was not part of the original deal.

I totally agree. It's not ideal and if Dem says no, I would respect that. 

I was trying to come up with a solution. 

I mean come on guys, it's only $3600 after a 10% discount! 

I see it is relisted in the thread: 

If that sells how can the buyer make the deal whole? 

Sweet book BTW...

From what I've heard the board was much more relaxed and dishonorable people were run off rather quickly before they could proliferate and start mucking about the system.

28 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

I see it is relisted in the thread: 

If that sells how can the buyer make the deal whole? 

Sweet book BTW...

So a seller is supposed to hold on to a book that he wants to sell indefinitely just so a buyer who couldn’t get his act together will hopefully someday snap out of it and there won’t be any other Cool Books to distract him from finally completing the deal?

Earlier it was was speculated that for every non-paying buyer who get’s brought up there’s probably hundreds who don’t. I suspect this is probably why:  seller’s just want get their book sold, not have their hands tied by all the hand-wringing and pearl-clutching over how a buyer who at moment couldn’t care less will eventually get off the list.