• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Giant’s “Old School Comic Show” Concord, NH April 24, 2021

29 posts in this topic

From my perspective, as somebody who goes to a show looking for comic books rather than toys, games, Funko Junko or any such anciallary stuff, it was a great show.  Easy to get to, easy, free parking, easy and timely admission for people who bought the VIP package.  I could have easily gotten a Jim Shooter signature if I wanted to wait in a not-very-long line for one.  As far as Covid precautions go, you can't do much better than a huge arena with very high ceilings and lots of space.

I even picked up another book for my collection of 1948-49 Marvels with anti-Wertham editorals.  Oddly enough, the pictures above of the Terry's Comics booth were taken while I was at Terry's booth, just before I bought that book from him. 

I'm looking forward to the next show!

On 4/21/2021 at 12:11 PM, AmazingComics413 said:

Stop by booth D3 and make sure to ask me or my wife for the CGC boardie discount! Glad you’ll be at the show, easily the best one day comic book show in the Northeast.

Did you have a mid grade TMNT 4 second print for sale with a copy of the NES game? Was that your booth? 

Another excellent event in the books for @Little Giant Comics. The Little Giant crew are a great group of people and super easy to work with, thank you to Jason for organizing and growing such a successful show.

Fans and vendors alike had a great day. People flocked from the all over the Northeastern US to have a chance at buying the most popular comics on the market. Our booth was busy from opening all the way until the close of the show. I barely had a chance to break away to shop, and even with only 45 minutes left the show was still littered with fantastic deals. Key comics, 1st appearances, and minor keys were our best sellers, and continue to be the most sought after.

Our most asked about comics were Avengers 196, Avengers Annual 10, Black Panther 2 (Shuri), Hulk 1 (Red Hulk), Incredible Hulk 340, Marvel Spotlight 28, Marvel Comics Presents 72, Masters of the Universe 1 (Both Star and DC versions), New Mutants 87, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends 1, and Wolverine 1-4 (mini series), all of which sold. Cartoon, TV show, video game, and pop culture related comics $50 and under were also great sellers. 

We are looking forward to another great show in August, hope to see some of you there.

Edited by AmazingComics413

What a great time! And quite a bit more traffic as opposed to this past August! From talking to a few vendors it seemed they had a great show and are excited to come back! I was also privileged to be able to assist Jim Shooter this weekend. He is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and had some fantastic stories. My introduction to comics was during his tenure at Marvel and it was very cool to spend some time with this legend... plus he was very gracious about answering all 8000 of my questions lol 

1025CCB1-BF2A-4CE9-A45F-59D1E0788F0C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, manetteska said:

This seems like a great show run with some great material.

However, are the vendors mainly focused on larger sales and keys? Would I find many vendors each with a dozen $1 boxes to look through?

Come see us next time! We’ve got books from $1 and up :foryou:

Lots of deals to be had at this show, yes there are lots of keys and high end books but there are plenty of lower tier comics for sale.

Edited by AmazingComics413