• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Alien
1 1

63 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 11:37 AM, F For Fake said:

I agree that the second arc is better, for sure. Not great, but better. The first arc was terrible, and the art, my god, my eyes. That Salvador Larroca photoshop art, so dull and lifeless, makes Greg Land look like a master illustrator. Yuck. 

To be fair, Dark Horse had gotten pretty lazy there at the end as well. For instance, the adaptations of the Gibson Alien 3, and "Alien the Original Screenplay" were just dull cash-grabs to me. But up to that point, I loved the books so much. Funky, r-rated, adult aimed sci-fi horror, with a host of comics' best illustrators. Some great talents worked on the license over the years. Marvel is just going to throw multiple covers and mediocrity at us until it sticks or goes away. I guess my only hope is for the new tv series, maybe it'll bring something interesting to the Aliens universe. I have also been enjoying most of the Titan novels, particularly the Alex White books. Good Alien stories that FEEL like Alien stories.

First arc was okay to me as well.  Not liking the Larroca art too much either.  Waiting on the 2nd TPB soon to get somewhat caught up.  I have also read a couple of the latest Titan book released, and really tore through them pretty quick.  Having Marvel end up with these licenses is exciting at first , but wears off quickly these days to me as Disney owns the company.  Did you ever think Disney would be making Alien comics/movies/tv shows?  I didn't.  Disney has made Disney movies for 60+ years and they were pretty good at it because, well, they were the only people making Disney movies.  Now they want to make horror and sci fi material!?!  

On 7/5/2022 at 10:56 PM, gradejunky said:

Did you ever think Disney would be making Alien comics/movies/tv shows?  I didn't.  Disney has made Disney movies for 60+ years and they were pretty good at it because, well, they were the only people making Disney movies.  Now they want to make horror and sci fi material!?!

It’ll really depend on the creative talent they put in charge… 2c

On 7/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, 500Club said:

It’ll really depend on the creative talent they put in charge… 2c

Doesn't matter if the company culture is a certain way

Crapola starts at the top and runs downhill