• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My X-Men Original Art quest.. and the Journey...
1 1

153 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, Andahaion said:

It's impressive (at least to me) that you've done all this in such a short amount of time going by the date of the first post.  

Thank you! I had some of it before the first post … but I’ve only been collecting OA since 2019 so all done sighing that frame… lots of chasing sacrificing and selling my comics lol 

On 8/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thank you! I had some of it before the first post … but I’ve only been collecting OA since 2019 so all done sighing that frame… lots of chasing sacrificing and selling my comics lol 

It's funny, I sold a bunch of my keys to fund my transition into art around 2017 and I was looking at prices on some dealer/auction sites today and just can't believe how much the books have taken off.  I know this isn't really news, but it's just crazy to me.  I've only collected about 20 pages of art in that time and am feeling a bit burned out.  Difficult to explain, but it can really consume you.  So I admire your efforts :)

Working on tossing some art out for HA soon. Should I even ask what X-men art interior pages sell for here :D

Cockrum X-page with full art on the reverse as well. (xmen 107 page)

also a x-men 151 Sherman/McLeod/Rubinstein page.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:03 AM, tc5551212 said:

Working on tossing some art out for HA soon. Should I even ask what X-men art interior pages sell for here :D

Cockrum X-page with full art on the reverse as well. (xmen 107 page)

also a x-men 151 Sherman/McLeod/Rubinstein page.

PM me.. I would love to see them and chat

On 6/12/2022 at 10:59 PM, tc5551212 said:

lowered the quality on the second scan. This is the Cockrum page 107  front and back.

cockrum107p19front-page-001.jpg

cockrum107p19rear-page-001.jpg

I'll guess 50k is the floor on this one....  First appearance issue for Gladiator, great shots of X-Men and their two greatest villains (Magneto/Juggernaut), awesome dramatic facial expressions, beautiful inking, bonus sketch on back....