• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 101

12 posts in this topic

KK, is it really so bad to own the actual issue? Has it ever intrigued you to actually own the entire book; one with a story and color? Do you actually own or read any of the books you have OA for? Just curious.

Its not that its per se 'bad' to own the actual issue. I just think,..and yes, this is only my opinion,...that owning the issue is just,.."eh".

I used to collect comic books but than saw the hobby was a game in which the forces of tyranny fleeced the meek. And this was pre-CGC,..I think things have gotten worse (although I am not dissing CGC, I actually think they are a good thing).

OA is truly incredible,..nothing like it. Ive been offered 5 Mill for my X-Men # 1 Cover & similar amounts for my Avengers # 4 Cover,..both I turned down. I honestly dont think I will sell either at any price.

OA is still dirt cheap,..OA is at the stage that comics were in the 80's...lotta room to grow. I highly recommend people get into the hobby.

KK

KK, is it really so bad to own the actual issue? Has it ever intrigued you to actually own the entire book; one with a story and color? Do you actually own or read any of the books you have OA for? Just curious.

Its not that its per se 'bad' to own the actual issue. I just think,..and yes, this is only my opinion,...that owning the issue is just,.."eh".

I used to collect comic books but than saw the hobby was a game in which the forces of tyranny fleeced the meek. And this was pre-CGC,..I think things have gotten worse (although I am not dissing CGC, I actually think they are a good thing).

OA is truly incredible,..nothing like it. Ive been offered 5 Mill for my X-Men # 1 Cover & similar amounts for my Avengers # 4 Cover,..both I turned down. I honestly dont think I will sell either at any price.

OA is still dirt cheap,..OA is at the stage that comics were in the 80's...lotta room to grow. I highly recommend people get into the hobby.

KK

I can't say I agree with that. I will always want a comic more than a piece of OA. An OA is only a single page; no color, no story...it's not even a comic book yet. It's just a sketch. Yipee. I'm not saying it's bad; I'd like to own a couple of pieces for display but there is no way I'd pay 5 million for an X-men #1 cover. Although, I would like to have it...not anywhere near that much. That is a cool piece though. I would like a Ayers, George Perez, Buscema, Kirby or Scott Kollins piece. But we'll see how the comics go first... wink.gif