• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

If PSA got 3 months of cards in 3 days, I expect cgc is also seeing a huge increase in submissions, hence the recent occurrence of cards being entered into the system in Received status 2, 3, and 4 weeks after they reach their doorstep.  With the announcement by PSA, expect an incredibly large surge of people to send cards to cgc over the coming weeks.  If CGC hired and is training 20 new employees for example, they may want to get ahead of the curve and not hire 40, which would maybe meet demand, but they should hire 60, since they are going to get EVERY SINGLE CARD for the next 3 months.

14 minutes ago, Holku said:

If CGC hired and is training 20 new employees for example, they may want to get ahead of the curve and not hire 40, which would maybe meet demand, but they should hire 60, since they are going to get EVERY SINGLE CARD for the next 3 months.

They only grade Pokémon and Magic. BGS is number with Magic grading. CSG will see a surge for Sports Cards.

I am kind of conflicted, part of me want WhiningCollectibles' cards to be graded so the shining can stop... but the evil part of me kind of started to enjoy the whining, it kind of growing on me...  and I haven't even been visiting here for that long.

Sorry for the joke but I think it's little funny just want to share!  Hope your cards get graded soon!

3 minutes ago, SilentMonkee said:

I am kind of conflicted, part of me want WhiningCollectibles' cards to be graded so the shining can stop... but the evil part of me kind of started to enjoy the whining, it kind of growing on me...  and I haven't even been visiting here for that long.

Sorry for the joke but I think it's little funny just want to share!  Hope your cards get graded soon!

my stuff is coming back just fine. shining prob works for gma and is trying to bring cgc down. maybe he never sent in a submission and is trolling all of us. 

CGC’s leadership team is paid (presumably) high salaries as well all the perks that come along with being a senior leader because they are expected to make a few important decisions each year. THIS IS ONE OF THEM. 

If CGC does not act quickly in response to this current PSA decision, things are going to get very, very bad for CGC and very bad for us as customers.

Bulk from December is being cut in line by higher tiers as we speak, per Paul. PSA folks who were presumably going to spend $20 or $100+ per card with PSA are going to ABSOLUTELY POUND CGC’s Standard/Express tiers. Bulk from December 2020 might not even get returned this year if they do not make the right decisions in the next 24-48 hours. I am serious and the cult-like groupthink on here won’t change common sense business strategy.

My suggestion: shut down Bulk and Economy until everything received before the credit card change is done. People have paid, get them their cards. Then, open the floodgates with a new pricing model that isn’t going to literally destroy your company because it’s too cheap like PSA did. 

Yea, I'm horrible for paying 900 dollars for cards that were received on 12/11 in the system and expecting them on the 20-30 day estimation. I am a horrible person for expecting the service to be around the time of what you say. 🤣😂 I am horrible for complaining when the times have not doubled not tripled by 4x the time. I am horrible for saying legally this would look as a laughing case when asked why they didn't halt the services. If they know they can't meet demand. I must be horrible for expecting more of this grading service.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

20 minutes ago, SilentMonkee said:

It’s his character arc. Gonna be a whole saga until November at this rate. Maybe longer. 

1 minute ago, C2N0 said:

It’s his character arc. Gonna be a whole saga until November at this rate. Maybe longer. 

i dont feel bad for the people who keep sending in stacks of shining fates bulk and wont get their cards back until 2077. it takes some effort to not copy paste what people are doing on social media.

All I can say for certain is I’m going back to completing sets and collecting singles for a while (the new Japanese Gold Snorlax is calling my name).  

Might hop back in these forums for the lols every once in a while, but I don’t plan on making anymore submissions for a bit. Just one less person for the graders to cater to so the rest you you guys can get your orders done. 

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm not sure which laws they are breaking but this isn't a good situation.  As many cards received in 3 days as the previous 3 months or about a 30 times increase is pretty shocking.  There's no way they could have anticipated a volume increase like this and there's no way they can hire and train enough staff or work enough overtime to keep up.

Where are we seeing the official announcement that they are refusing submissions right now? 

Here is the problem right here with the people submitting cards. 

As one of the card submitters mentioned:

Yes, I still have submitted 200-300 cards a month since price increase. I am changing what I end them though. I am sending less and less Ultra Modern stuff. I will just wait on those to fall into the Modern submits... I am sending in a bunch of 2017-1980 type. Really a bunch for 1990's..  Jordan type stuff. If CSG works out, they will get majority of Ultra Modern stuff, and they get all my autos stuff now. 

Yes, this is the sports side of things... but I can only imagine what the Pokemon and Magic guys are doing.  If everyone is flooding them with cards sending 200-300 cards a month what did they all think was going to happen?  Also... why? 

$2000-3000 a month in plastic encasements? 

As CGC board member wrote:  

You send in 200-300 cards a month. What in the world are you sending them? Everything? You are part of the problem. There should come a point where the cards you have remaining are not going to get a gem grade. But you say the heck with it and send them anyway.