• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm not sure which laws they are breaking but this isn't a good situation.  As many cards received in 3 days as the previous 3 months or about a 30 times increase is pretty shocking.  There's no way they could have anticipated a volume increase like this and there's no way they can hire and train enough staff or work enough overtime to keep up.

Grade like PGX - fast and sloppy :ohnoez:

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is the problem right here with the people submitting cards. 

As one of the card submitters mentioned:

Yes, this is the sports side of things... but I can only imagine what the Pokemon and Magic guys are doing.  If everyone is flooding them with cards sending 200-300 cards a month what did they all think was going to happen?  Also... why? 

$2000-3000 a month in plastic encasements? 

As CGC board member wrote:  

Flipping Marnies 🤷 

3 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

6B913C98-E70E-4583-88BC-C0F9AC79D60D.jpeg

Thanks that was the one thing that I was questioning as to whether or not the membership benefits were extended.  That might have been the only part of doing that which could be seen as a potential breach of contract.   As far as people complaining, I agree with Moore.  If you are flooding them with stuff then what did you expect to happen?  If I decide to spend the money and send in 100,000 books in April, CGC cannot handle that and no company could reasonably be expected to.  Taking a pause is the only recourse. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Thanks that was the one thing that I was questioning as to whether or not the membership benefits were extended.  That might have been the only part of doing that which could be seen as a potential breach of contract.   As far as people complaining, I agree with Moore.  If you are flooding them with stuff then what did you expect to happen?  If I decide to spend the money and send in 100,000 books in April, CGC cannot handle that and no company could reasonably be expected to.  Taking a pause is the only recourse. 

So maybe CGC should take a pause get the orders done instead of one bulk order a day.

9 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

So maybe CGC should take a pause get the orders done instead of one bulk order a day.

Or raise their prices to dissuade people from sending in 200-300 a month but still reap the profit.  They can grade on time and still make the same amount of money and people will be more selective about what they submit. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Or raise their prices to dissuade people from sending in 200-300 a month but still reap the profit.  They can grade on time and still make the same amount of money and people will be more selective about what they submit. 

This is the answer.

1 minute ago, PokemanDude90 said:
17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This is the answer.

It's the logical decision.  Reduce the number of cards submitted and increase profits.

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

PSA

"we recently received more cards in three days than we did during the previous three months. "

"it would be disingenuous for us to continue to accept submissions for cards that we will be unable to process in the foreseeable future"

Wow

Is this an April Fool?

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't know what CGC is going to do first; hire more graders to work on their backlog OR get more moderators to help sort out the "Cardies" ™ and their board shenanigans. 

"Cardies" ™ - This is my name for them.  If the coin guys are "coiners", then these guys are 'cardies' 

I would tell you what a "Lil' Cardie B" is but I don't want to get any points. 

@Jeffro. @Mephisto @jaybuck43

I always thought the coin guys were Coinees. If they were actually Coiners then the card guys should be named...

AD76012B-D5FA-498B-B3EE-01E0F80B2735.jpeg

1F87B108-459B-44AA-96AA-0243BC127FAA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Is this an April Fool?

Nope.  And they doubled their office space late last year by adding 68000 more square feet of fully staffed office space and they're falling much further behind.  There's no way the existing grading companies can handle the current volumes

whattheheck2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't know what CGC is going to do first; hire more graders to work on their backlog OR get more moderators to help sort out the "Cardies" ™ and their board shenanigans. 

"Cardies" ™ - This is my name for them.  If the coin guys are "coiners", then these guys are 'cardies' 

I would tell you what a "Lil' Cardie B" is but I don't want to get any points. 

@Jeffro. @Mephisto @jaybuck43

I fully expected to see "Comies" toward the end of this post for some reason... :ohnoez::jokealert:

Just now, CHASEnBLUE said:

I fully expected to see "Comies" toward the end of this post for some reason... :ohnoez::jokealert:

With posts like that, I need to show you the fun that is, "The Water Cooler."