• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Nope.  And they doubled their office space late last year by adding 68000 more square feet of fully staffed office space and they're falling much further behind.  There's no way the existing grading companies can handle the current volumes

CGC taking a pause is an actual concern for me.  I have things put aside that I want to send to Joe to press and then send to CGC.  Last year I sent books to Joe at the end of May.  He was done with them in beginning or mid July.   Then he brought them to CGC for me and they stayed there until they were shipped on 11/30.

I don't know what to do as I have my doubts with everyone sending everything including grandma in to be graded by CGC.  

Actually, I checked some of the other grading services.

AFA is doing something similar.  https://cgagrading.com/toygrader/

FEBRUARY-MARCH 2021 NOTICE!

We are happy to announce that we have welcomed several new team members in various departments which will help us to immediately increase productivity. However, we have decided to temporarily close our Economy tiers effective immediately. This will allow us to focus on getting caught up with submissions already in house and make sure that our loyal customers who have patiently waited can have their submissions expedited as quickly as possible.

All submissions already in house or postmarked before 02/24/2021 will still be eligible to be processed under the Economy Tier.

12 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Cool, it's a casually racist gif. What a cool place, America. Florida will be an island in ten years and your country is the laughing stock of the world. Enjoy!

If you're nameless then why do you have a name?

20 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Cool, it's a casually racist gif. What a cool place, America. Florida will be an island in ten years and your country is the laughing stock of the world. Enjoy!

You will appreciate this section of the boards: 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/12-water-cooler/

I hear the covid thread is especially entertaining this time of year. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Now back to the topic at hand:

With PSA closing their doors for awhile and AFA suspending tiers, what is the root of the problem here. 

• Bored people with nothing to do but submit and cash out their collectables? 
  • Covid has caused a lack of production in grading facilities due to the maintenance of safety protocols? 
  • Anything I could be missing? 

What are the implications of this though?  If people are cashing out does that mean we see a market correction?  Does it mean that the market becomes stronger as more pieces are brought to market?  If there are significant delays, how does this impact the market? 

11 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Sorry, to say but if they can't process/complete orders in a timely manner these companies should look up the laws. This kind of stuff can't be legal. It should of been put to a halt ages ago. All of them. They should know their times for acceptance. Either make clear times or shut down.

This Is Wrong GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like I said before don't accept more than you can handle simple as that. They know what they can handle and they are being completely negligent about the situation. If they can't handle it simple as that don't accept it. Legally, a company has to honor their turnarounds by a certain amount of time. I am pretty sure in every state that law remains. Plus you can't hold possessions/funds captive. Another word for that could be classified as a scam.

This Is Wrong GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

10 hours ago, Mephisto said:

It’s actually the “Pokémon” section. People flipping Marnies etc. Very little MTG submissions from posters here and about one thread regarding MTG collecting.

I haven't seen a single MtG collector whine about their submission.

It is sickening, and stop trying to justify comics. They take time to grade because there's tons of pages. These cards take literally 2-4 mins to grade max. You look at the card, mark a grade put it in a slab. It isn't rocket science. But again when I'm told a 20-30 day estimation, told by two agents my cards are moving forward by specific times on the phone and than they don't. And I can't get my cards / a refund than theirs an issue.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b946fcafda86326f9360d54ac489f37.jpeg

*there’s