• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,604 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2022 at 12:07 AM, Sqooci said:

Mine has been sitting on schedule to grade since 10/13... 25 card bulk too

After emailing them a few weeks ago mine was changed to grading/quality control but it has been stuck there 3 weeks now. The 30 working day mark would be on Thanksgiving so I know I won't see these for at least another month :( 

On 11/23/2022 at 12:26 AM, Furtnot said:

I'm a little confused on how bulk tat's go from 4 days to 30+ in an instant. What happened did some guy submit 1,000,000 zard upc promos?

Yeah Im lil confused too since my orders have been going through well and now there is some backlog out of nowhere with no real notice. My data entry still hasnt even been completed and when I reached out to customer support, they didnt really tell me what is going on. Im hoping to hear some feedback about whats going on since to have a sudden change like this is kind of strange.

Just an update on one of my November orders, it finally hit grading. Im just going to assume no work was done during the thanksgiving break, which is fine with me, but kind of wish there was some word from CGC in terms of why TAT's have changed. My order will probably be done sometime this week or next, which makes it almost a month of TAT. Not that Im mad about it, but when the competition is starting to outperform CGC, it just makes me reconsider my options. 

Paid to have two cards graded under WalkThrough with an estimated turnaround in 3 working days.  Cards were received 12/6 and are still sitting at Grading/Quality Control one week later.  Hope they get shipped this week in time for Xmas. 

• Administrator
On 12/13/2022 at 11:17 PM, RLL said:

Paid to have two cards graded under WalkThrough with an estimated turnaround in 3 working days.  Cards were received 12/6 and are still sitting at Grading/Quality Control one week later.  Hope they get shipped this week in time for Xmas. 

Hello,

Thank you for your question. It seems you added Imaging to your order as well. This service adds an additional 10 business days to your total turnaround time. This is the reason for the delay. Once your order has been completed this will be shipped out the door. Thank you for your patience. Have a great day!

On 12/13/2022 at 4:01 PM, mz1995g said:

Just an update on one of my November orders, it finally hit grading. Im just going to assume no work was done during the thanksgiving break, which is fine with me, but kind of wish there was some word from CGC in terms of why TAT's have changed. My order will probably be done sometime this week or next, which makes it almost a month of TAT. Not that Im mad about it, but when the competition is starting to outperform CGC, it just makes me reconsider my options. 

Just be glad you wasn't here at the beginning when CGC started grading cards like I was.... Bulk went from 25ish days to 8-9 months... that happened mainly because PSA stop taking submission. I still know a couple of people waiting on their PSA subs and it's coming up on 2 years! Good luck.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Just be glad you wasn't here at the beginning when CGC started grading cards like I was.... Bulk went from 25ish days to 8-9 months... that happened mainly because PSA stop taking submission. I still know a couple of people waiting on their PSA subs and it's coming up on 2 years! Good luck.

I was here in the beginning and left very quickly once the TAT's spiraled out of control lol. Trust me, I remember when these services were unusable and the average grade CGC would give out was 8.5, making the service completely pointless and if anything a waste of money.

Its improved but I was just mentioning the elephant in the room (the competition) starting to become more attractive than CGC. At least now I am getting 10s and the orders are coming back in a reasonable time, but now with the times starting to slow down and still too many 9.5s for my liking, Im not too sure I wanna sub again. If the TAT's were like how they were a month ago, yeah I might give it a shot. And if the cost of grading goes down, sure maybe thats an incentive. But until anymore changes, I might just hold off.

It appears all of orders from 12/6 were shipped today. 12 day TAT is not too bad. Got good amount of 10s. Im just guessing the thanksgiving holiday got in the way, which was fine, but wish someone at CGC would have at least told me that. Overall cant complain too much. Ill prob send CGC some more cards but certain types of cards (mostly Pokemon english) just still arent worth sending in since the grades tend to be low and 9.5 just isnt that great of a grade for modern cards. The Japanese cards are almost always 10s but english being 9.5s at best, it just doesnt make much sense. I get the card quality of English isnt perfect, but at some point it just doesnt make sense to sub them if its a losing proposition value wise. And im subbing the best english cards that I can find no less. Close to perfect centering, no whitening, etc. still only getting 9.5.

Edited by mz1995g

On 1/12/2023 at 10:05 PM, RLL said:

Sent in a batch of 8 cards in the Standard Tier with sub-grades, expecting turnaround in about 15 working days.  Order was received January 10 and shipped this morning on January 122-day turnaround!

That's amazing. One of the reasons I'm enjoying CGC's service. Sent my 2nd order in last Friday of 3 cards under the economy option with no subs (this time). Tracking shows its arrived, but has yet to be scanned in. I'm sure it won't be much longer til the order shows as in their system. 

2nd submission to CGC! 25 card bulk submission. Shipped via UPS with 2nd Day Air since PirateShip is legendary at saving money lol 

2/25 shipped to CGC

2/27 UPS confirmed delivery to CGC facility

3/1 Marked as "Received" 

3/3 Grading/Encapsulation

3/7 Shipped! 

*will update with dates as the process moves along 

Edited by walrusibe
update to turnaround time

I’m quite pleased with the turnaround times for my latest submissions:

Express with sub-grades entered 2/16, shipped 2/22 (4 working days)

Standard with sub-grades: entered 2/16, shipped 3/1 (9 working days)

Economy without sub-grades: entered 2/16, shipped 3/1 (9 working days)

Much faster than the estimated times! :takeit: