• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
6 6

2,566 posts in this topic

Bulk Received 12/17/20 - 72 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (30 days)

Status as of 4/6/21....Received

Bulk Received 2/2/21 - 102 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (50 days)

Bulk Received 2/15/21 - 130 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (60 days)

I understand that they are doing their best, but 110+ days compared to 30, 50, & 60 is not approximate.

16 minutes ago, Wyatt Love said:

Bulk Received 12/17/20 - 72 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (30 days)

Bulk Received 2/2/21 - 102 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (50 days)

Bulk Received 2/15/21 - 130 Cards

Approximate turnaround time when received (60 days)

I understand that they are doing their best, but 110+ days compared to 30, 50, & 60 is not approximate.

You do know that those estimates are business days right? These are all bulk orders and unfortunately the least prioritized submission for CGC. But when you take some time to look at a calendar you'll come to realize that its been:

72 business days since your 12/17/20 submission was received - obviously far past original 30 day TAT but are working on this weeks submissions currently. 

45 business days since your 2/2/21 submission was received - still under the original 50 day TAT by 5 days

36 business days since your 2/15/21 submission was received. - still under the original 60 day TAT by 24 days

Based on some of my submissions it seems like they are starting to meet the new extended TATs so that's at least good. Obviously they did not see this massive influx coming, no one did, but lets not blow the TATs out of proportion. 

Edited by DonLaGreca

• Submission Type: Bulk (59 cards) 10 with subgrades and 49 without
  • Received: 1/12/21
  • Submission Type: Standard (11) - subgrades
  • Delivered: 3/15
  • Received: 3/31
  • Submission Type: Standard (15) and Bulk (58) All with Subgrades
  • Delivered: 4/5
  • Not yet received 

6 hours ago, Unlikely7 said:
  • Submission Type: Bulk (59 cards) 10 with subgrades and 49 without
  • Received: 1/12/21
  • Submission Type: Standard (11) - subgrades
  • Delivered: 3/15
  • Received: 3/31
  • Submission Type: Standard (15) and Bulk (58) All with Subgrades
  • Delivered: 4/5
  • Not yet received 

How was your standard submission that was delivered on 3/15 already received when they haven't even started opening packages for those delivered the week of 3/15 yet?

2 hours ago, jd619641 said:

How was your standard submission that was delivered on 3/15 already received when they haven't even started opening packages for those delivered the week of 3/15 yet?

wild, 1 of my jan subs is at scheduled to be graded, while peoples Decembers are received

On 4/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, DonLaGreca said:

The real problem is your last point. CGC grades cards for robots with microscopes and computers. They ding your cards for imperfections the human eye cant even see. They really need to loosen up on their grades and realize they are hurting their brand with these unrealistic grading practices. No one wants to collect 9.5s, its just reality. Stop hurting your own brand with this nonsense. 

They weight the centering on the back of the card more heavily than any other company, that's for sure. Sorta irrelevant though...

On 4/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, Drewbydoo said:

Well, they should pay attention to PSA whether they follow in their footsteps or not. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own. Also since this is my first post and it's on a thread about TAT estimates that I paid almost 3 months ago for a service that is now going to be 300% slower than estimated. They probably are making a good business move by taking their time with growing. But it's a bad look and they seem apathetic to the situation. Personally I will steer people away from them in the future like I would a contractor who cant meet their estimates. Whether they are a good company overall or not (especially compared to other garding company's) I'm not sure, but my personal experience has been poor. 

100% Agreed finally was able to reserve and send my cards in with HGA honestly expect to receive those back before the ones I sent with CGC and I shipped early March for standard grading still no update, their hub for tracking could also use an update. Cards are just stuck on received no email updating on possible grading process at all.

Submission #1

• Type: Walkthrough - Crossgrade
  • Cards: 23
  • Arrived: 3/12/2021
  • Received: 3/23/2021
  • Scheduled for Grading: 3/23/2021
  • Grading / QC: 4/5/2021
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD
  • Time Elapsed: 18 business days since arrived, 11 business days since received.

18 hours ago, jd619641 said:

I've got no idea why they decided to open it so quickly, I'm just happy that they did 

Edited by Unlikely7

Type- 11 Card Submission                           6 Standard/ 5 Economy 

Date Delivered-  March 15th

Status- Absolutely Nothing 

Shouldnt it of atleast came up as received by now? Or did i send my package to someone in Guam who is using my Charizard’s to pick his teeth like Patrick from Spongebob. (Shame on you if you dont get the reference lol) But seriously what the hell is going on and why did i even pay for Standard at this point.

So I made a huge mistake - I sent my walkthrough order in to CGC around the 26th it was just 2 cards so I put it in a small box and overnighted it but the usps person put the box in a bag. My order hasn’t been checked in yet and they def won’t know it’s walkthrough. What should I do? 

6 minutes ago, Cardboi89 said:

So I made a huge mistake - I sent my walkthrough order in to CGC around the 26th it was just 2 cards so I put it in a small box and overnighted it but the usps person put the box in a bag. My order hasn’t been checked in yet and they def won’t know it’s walkthrough. What should I do? 

Call customer service with your tracking number after the package have been delivered and see if they can find it for you.

3 hours ago, Kilsh0t said:

Type- 11 Card Submission                           6 Standard/ 5 Economy 

Date Delivered-  March 15th

Status- Absolutely Nothing 

Shouldnt it of atleast came up as received by now? Or did i send my package to someone in Guam who is using my Charizard’s to pick his teeth like Patrick from Spongebob. (Shame on you if you dont get the reference lol) But seriously what the hell is going on and why did i even pay for Standard at this point.

My standard tier package was also delivered on March 15th. I emailed customer support yesterday and they stated they were currently opening packages for the week of 3/8. So I imagine they will begin opening March 15th's packages this coming Monday.

56 Bulk w/o subs- Received 12/17, Still Received

8 Express w/subs- Received 3/23, 4/6 Scheduled for grading

15 standard w/subs- Delivered 3/22, Not yet Received

2 walkthrough w/subs- Delivered 4/5, Scheduled for grading 4/7 ? How so fast