• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
6 6

2,566 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I called customer service yesterday just to check on this submission to make sure there wasn't any account issues or holds on it as I've had issues before. I was told this would be shipped out today because they had it in the shipping room yesterday afternoon. I basically was lied to just to get me off the phone because they did not ship out today.  I'm a patient person and don't mind and understand wait times etc. But like anyone else, I do not like being lied too and is highly frustrating and a slap in the face.

Just a note to self and anyone else, don't believe anything customer service tells you. They just tell you lies to move you along to try and keep up with all mess they clearly still have going on.

TAT for bulk dropped again last week to 119 days and here I am with a bulk submission over 150 business days now and counting.

Good luck everyone....

I was pretty much told the same thing in an email from yesterday and today. 

At this point I think it's a copy and paste scripting.

image.thumb.png.68cfb2c2a55e7f4135e0f552c111cdd3.png

Edited by BigD702

On 3/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I called customer service yesterday just to check on this submission to make sure there wasn't any account issues or holds on it as I've had issues before. I was told this would be shipped out today because they had it in the shipping room yesterday afternoon. I basically was lied to just to get me off the phone because they did not ship out today.  I'm a patient person and don't mind and understand wait times etc. But like anyone else, I do not like being lied too and is highly frustrating and a slap in the face.

Just a note to self and anyone else, don't believe anything customer service tells you. They just tell you lies to move you along to try and keep up with all mess they clearly still have going on.

TAT for bulk dropped again last week to 119 days and here I am with a bulk submission over 150 business days now and counting.

Good luck everyone....

Hmmm I wonder why Bulk TAT keeps going down?? That’s weird. PSA is still $100/card. 

Guess we’ll never know. Anyway, check out my Bulk return of vintage cards, lots of 8.5’s but a few 9’s….. 

62 Card Bulk received 9/14/21, moved to grading on January 12 2022, moved to quality control/finalization yesterday 3/1/22, then moved to grading/finalization, then moved to shipped, then moved back to grading/finalization all in the same day so no telling where it's at. If I click on the hyperlinked words grading/finalization it takes me to a fedex tracking number but all it says is that the tracking information was sent to fedex yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Got a response from customer service, it was shipped there was just a glitch in the system.

Edited by arcadecommando
update

On 3/2/2022 at 4:03 PM, arcadecommando said:

62 Card Bulk received 9/14/21, moved to grading on January 12 2022, moved to quality control/finalization yesterday 3/1/22, then moved to grading/finalization, then moved to shipped, then moved back to grading/finalization all in the same day so no telling where it's at. If I click on the hyperlinked words grading/finalization it takes me to a fedex tracking number but all it says is that the tracking information was sent to fedex yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Got a response from customer service, it was shipped there was just a glitch in the system.

Fedex will update later today/tomorrow...that likely means they've created the label and its on its way.

Update on my received 7/18/21 bulk 50 cards. G/I/E in Nov.

Talked to a customer service rep about my account and was told that my order is still being graded. She wrote down my CC info and was charged about an hour later.

Odd thing is that when I was originally emailed about my CC info it was a person named Steven. He sent me an invoice form to fill out with my CC info and I emailed it back to him. Months go by and I'm still not charged, so I reach out to Customer Service and the rep lets me know that she will email him with my CC info asking him to run the card. Another couple months go by and still nothing, no movement on my order and no charge. Well yesterday the same rep lets me know that no one named Steven works in the accounting department and that's why she never received any response and why I was never charged.

I also asked her why my order was talking so long to be graded in comparison to others. Her response was "How long should it take to grade cards?" I said I wasn't sure, but they have been there for a very long time. She then told me to reference the turnaround times they had listed although my order is like way past that number at this point.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, NibScribbler said:

Update on my received 7/18/21 bulk 50 cards. G/I/E in Nov.

Talked to a customer service rep about my account and was told that my order is still being graded. She wrote down my CC info and was charged about an hour later.

Odd thing is that when I was originally emailed about my CC info it was a person named Steven. He sent me an invoice form to fill out with my CC info and I emailed it back to him. Months go by and I'm still not charged, so I reach out to Customer Service and the rep lets me know that she will email him with my CC info asking him to run the card. Another couple months go by and still nothing, no movement on my order and no charge. Well yesterday the same rep lets me know that no one named Steven works in the accounting department and that's why she never received any response and why I was never charged.

I also asked her why my order was talking so long to be graded in comparison to others. Her response was "How long should it take to grade cards?" I said I wasn't sure, but they have been there for a very long time. She then told me to reference the turnaround times they had listed although my order is like way past that number at this point.

Your sub should of been shipped back to you about a month ago. Sorry they are giving you the run around with not much help. Hopefully you'll get your property back soon and be done with them... good luck

On 3/4/2022 at 8:29 PM, awesumjames said:

So, this was odd.

Bulk 8/31/21 - Shipped 3/2/21

Bulk 12/9/21 - Shipped 3/4/21 (Was in G/E/I this morning)

Bulk TAT has dropped down to 60 days now. They are running out of cards to grade.

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

On 3/4/2022 at 10:29 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Bulk TAT has dropped down to 60 days now. They are running out of cards to grade.

Before CGC pays some outside consultant firm a ton of money to find out why their demand has fallen off a cliff, here it is for FREE:

• CGC is known for giving almost no CGC 10's. People want 10's as they command a market premium which makes customers happy, and this makes customers send in more Bulk to chase more 10's (Positive reinforcement)
  • CGC is also known for giving a lot of 8.5's. CGC 8.5's often sell for less than the cost of grading. Grading becomes a break-even endeavor which makes people feel bad, and people stop sending in Bulk to stop feeling bad (Negative reinforcement)
  • People also don't like being charged for grading 2-3 months in advance due to some made up grading phase (G/E/I) when everyone knows the real grading phase is (G/Q/C)

On 3/5/2022 at 3:59 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Do you think they will drop prices if they are running low on cards? Im thinking about submitting 50 cards on bulk tier but not sure if I should wait out cheaper pricing (sitting at 14.25 for no subs)

So back when TATs were out of control people complained. 

Now they’ve answered the cries and added more square footage, more employees, and finally cut down times to more reasonable. 
And now the same complainers from before are saying “there aren’t enough cards to grade” and it’s due to lower demand of CGC grading 

😆😆😆 can’t make this stuff up 

On 3/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, JohnBurke said:

So back when TATs were out of control people complained. 

Now they’ve answered the cries and added more square footage, more employees, and finally cut down times to more reasonable. 
And now the same complainers from before are saying “there aren’t enough cards to grade” and it’s due to lower demand of CGC grading 

😆😆😆 can’t make this stuff up 

Yes and another thing those same people will say is that they or other's won't graded with CGC anymore because they don't give out 10s. I wonder how many people will get laid off from CGC now? 🤔