• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
7 7

2,601 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 6:49 PM, Oreos said:

hwhat. Your BULK from 6/14 shipped TODAY? Theres still people with April & May subs (like myself) that are in G/E/I..

My 181 bulk sub recieved 5/3 has been in g/e/i since 10/1, I keep seeing posts like this on Facebook, I called them last week and the lady on the phone told me mid January, honestly pretty salty now…. 

On 11/3/2021 at 10:21 PM, joe_signs said:

Yeah my 6/14 shipped today. I checked my account looking to see if my 5/4 entered quality control yet and I was surprised to see the 6/14 sub shipped. I never saw it go into Quality Control. I still have two bulk subs from Early May in G/E/I. They went into g/e/i a month before my june sub, which, were only in g/e/i for not quite 2 weeks. I don't understand their process anymore. Definitely not first in first out.

wow...thats...interesting. Lol. I'm done questioning the FIFO

On 11/4/2021 at 11:23 AM, jordan cave said:

My 181 bulk sub recieved 5/3 has been in g/e/i since 10/1, I keep seeing posts like this on Facebook, I called them last week and the lady on the phone told me mid January, honestly pretty salty now…. 

Yeah I have early April bulk subs still in g/e/i since early Sept...

Edited by Oreos

On 11/3/2021 at 10:21 PM, joe_signs said:

Yeah my 6/14 shipped today. I checked my account looking to see if my 5/4 entered quality control yet and I was surprised to see the 6/14 sub shipped. I never saw it go into Quality Control. I still have two bulk subs from Early May in G/E/I. They went into g/e/i a month before my june sub, which, were only in g/e/i for not quite 2 weeks. I don't understand their process anymore. Definitely not first in first out.

Did you ship that bulk order to CGC with any other submission? Like a standard or express submission?

On 11/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Did you ship that bulk order to CGC with any other submission? Like a standard or express submission?

That shouldnt really make a difference why his bulk would come back, though. I sent all mine with express subs; the express subs came back but the bulk still lingers...

On 11/3/2021 at 4:19 PM, Tosh the Collector said:

Update for Bulk 63 cards:
Bulk: 62 cards, no subgrades
Received: 4/30/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 9/30/21 (Unchanged)

Bulk: 1 with subgrades
Grading/Quality Control: 11/3/21

Another Update, seems to be moving faster than I expected.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 9/30/21 (Unchanged)
Quality Control/Finalized: 11/4/21

Bulk: 1 with subgrades
Grading/Quality Control: 11/3/21
Shipped: 11/4/21

On 11/4/2021 at 12:31 PM, Oreos said:

That shouldnt really make a difference why his bulk would come back, though. I sent all mine with express subs; the express subs came back but the bulk still lingers...

Yes. It shouldn't make a difference in theory. But as we all know CGC hasn't made much since so far with alot of things.... I'm just trying to figure it out with the rest of you all...

On 11/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

My submission was only bulk. It didn't have any Standard or Express sub in with it. No rhyme or reason why it went so fast.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Yes. It shouldn't make a difference in theory. But as we all know CGC hasn't made much since so far with alot of things.... I'm just trying to figure it out with the rest of you all...

I figured it out ages ago, seriously ages ago. Some submissions are being cherry-picked based upon what cards are in them. That delay in the pop report...again uh huh...is obviously cause the stats aren't up to par and they need to pad numbers on certain cards and sets. What they call "throwing more resources at the project", is code for "more particular card grades needed" . Makes perfect sense in my world. ‎ ;)

Yours truly,
Miss Conspiracy Theorist, PhD and LoL.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, Nostalgia89 said:

Update:
I called today and spoke with Accounting. I asked if there was a block/hold on my payment but could not get confirmation. I did inform him I had no worries other than the forum discussing payment holds/block as my cards are still in GEI from 10-1.. I had them charge my card and I was informed Shipping Department will be notified to get those out.

I am curious to see how this goes.

Update:
50 card bulk
Delivered - 4/30 (along with ST 15 cards, and EX 4 cards)
Received - 5/7
SFG - 7/9
GEI - 10-1
Charged 10-21

Customer Service doesn't know, the Customer doesn't know, the Fourm can't figure it out...

I've seen mention of new coating on the cardboard inserts. I've seen CGC tell a paying Customer to go buy plast-x to make brand new slabs newer ( I admit to buying Polywatch; it worked okay), and I've seen CGC admit shipping department is a little rough at times.

I could say all I want is my CGC 8.5 expedition Charizard to NOT have someone's hairs encapsulated on both sides, and a graders remarks (scribbled on a piece of paper is fine) for subgrades to help me understand where or why it didn't get a 9; but that involves sending my card back waiting for an unknown amount of time and no guarantee it comes back in the same condition it arrived in.

This is corporate downfall. Too many Customer's to please the outliers. 

I like the reported new cardboard inserts but we pay darn good money for shipping (impress us with a .02 cent sleeve that ups QA production time a bit). Send us a mini bottle of Plast-x to fix your scratches or shipping department accidents. Educate your Customer Support to set reasonable expectations with aim for first call resolution. Put hair nets on when slabbing Express cards. Expedite my cards to give you valuable feed-back.

Or don't.

PS
You better put a darn pretty Christmas colored ribbon tied in a bow on this bulk order - that's all I really want :)

On 11/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, DerekGould said:

So my bulk sub from 5/3 was charged to my CC a few minutes ago. Should I be expecting my cards soon?  First of 4 orders in the system and I kinda do not wanna be paying for multiple subs with no cards in hand.

Nope. My sub from 5/6 was charged on October 11th and there's been no movement in the 3+ weeks since then. Still G/E/I.

Where I am sitting as of today. Concerned about cgc marking an order as g/e/i as  another step to grading considering I had them bill me right away to avoid hold ups.

Received: 5/11/21
Items: 277
Declared Value: #####
Service: TCG - BULK

On 11/5/2021 at 6:07 AM, Thekingnerd said:

Bulk w/ Subs: 50 Cards
Received: 4/30/21
Quality Control/Finalized: 11/4/21

Yet my Bulk no subs (84 cards) received on 3/15/21 are still in G/E/I.

Bulk orders received on 5/19 and 6/23 had credit card charged on 11/4/21

Nothing makes sense anymore....

They needed more money to buy crypto

On 11/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, DerekGould said:

So my bulk sub from 5/3 was charged to my CC a few minutes ago. Should I be expecting my cards soon?  First of 4 orders in the system and I kinda do not wanna be paying for multiple subs with no cards in hand.

Be prepared for for what you don’t want, it’s going to happen 🤷🏽‍♀️

Bulk received 5/3 - (37 no subs/24 subs) card charged 10/1 and 10/5.

GEI - since 9/30 (subs) and 10/4 (no subs)

Currently approaching the end of the 5-week mark. According to an email my cards have been graded, pending encapsulation. If they arrive before December I’ll be surprised. Had 2 subs paid for in full before receiving anything back.

WARNING: There will be scuffs on your cases. There might be red sharpie circles on your cases, indicating something inside of the case that they didn’t bother fixing. There will be inconsistent grades, especially for centering. 8.5 is the lowest centering I’ve heard, why the f—k is there so many inconsistent centering grades? Your cases will be dusty, have a microfiber cloth or two on hand. You may even receive your cards back while the stage indicates “grading quality control/finalized”.. 

Lastly, you will probably receive better grades on 25 year old mint Japanese cards than minty modern. Expect the worst, my friend.

Bulk with Subs

4/28 received. Was on accounting hold.

Called them and found out they do not have an automated system that charges your card at a certain stage. All charges are processed manually. This was insane to me. Apparently they have people working 7 days a week trying to keep up due to them not having an automated system. That may help explain how some of the orders are getting out before others. Completely inefficient. Do better.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, Oreos said:

4/30 bulk sub still in g/e/i... yet others' bulk from 4/30 is in QC/Finalized. :( Cmon CGC

That's really weird cause mine just shipped, and its from 4/30. But I gotta say once it got into grading it was done in pretty much a single day. I'd say maybe in a few days you should see it move.

Which brings me to my final update.

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 9/30/21
Quality Control/Finalized: 11/4/21
Grading/Quality Control: 11/5/21 (Went back to G/QC briefly)
Shipped: 11/5/21

Edited by Tosh the Collector