• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con in NJ 4/18/21! Who’s going?
1 1

128 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Was a great show, saw a ton of art I hadn’t seen online in the walk ups and an add on dealer. Good buys and sells. Spending the night at the hotel again and heading back in morning. Another great show .

I went a few years back. What struck me was after the show everyone bolted. I wanted to hang an get to know some of my online friends better.  A couple of us hung out and chatted for an hour or so, but that was it. 

For the regulars- Is Saturday night the night to hang at the bar and talk art? Maybe I just missed it by a night.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

from my experience with each

Nathan Rose NO Clue
Anthony Snyder Takes paypal
Will Gabriel Takes Paypal
Bechara Cash or Check
Dom Masullo No idea
Brad Savage ???
Albert Moy Takes Paypal but charges a fee... prefers cash
Don Pottick private person so doubt credit card
Rich Donnelly stay away lol
Mike Carbonaro  Crazy , would probably take chickens in trade..

Ankur J - souls only 

I just laughed out loud and screen shot this to a few friends. lol 

2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

lol

Nice meeting you today! 

You too !  I wound up sticking around for an hour and leaving around 2:15.  I would have stayed longer but the drive in was... bleh.  I am hoping for a day they bring it back down south.   I was disappointed that ComicLink was not there this time as I had the dual purpose to both browse the room and consign a few pieces to auction. 

I walked away empty handed today but that is not always necessarily a bad thing.  It means that I have more strength when I see the piece, I must have. 

I decided not to go when I saw Scott Eder was not on the list. I like Scott. He also is about a decade ahead of me on art that I like, so it is good to see what he has and it usually lights a fire of one sort or another. He really has stuff no one else would have at that show, tremendous breadth of material.

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You too !  I wound up sticking around for an hour and leaving around 2:15.  I would have stayed longer but the drive in was... bleh.  I am hoping for a day they bring it back down south.   I was disappointed that ComicLink was not there this time as I had the dual purpose to both browse the room and consign a few pieces to auction. 

I walked away empty handed today but that is not always necessarily a bad thing.  It means that I have more strength when I see the piece, I must have. 

Yea i wound up leaving around then too... but had a great day.. My plan was not to buy as I am working on a private deal that is sucking up most of my funds.. but sold a page for good money, traded for one that I think I did good on and met LOTS of people that I have spoken to on the interwebs and now know in person

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I decided not to go when I saw Scott Eder was not on the list. I like Scott. He also is about a decade ahead of me on art that I like, so it is good to see what he has and it usually lights a fire of one sort or another. He really has stuff no one else would have at that show, tremendous breadth of material.

You would have liked some stuff that the none dealers had....

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

You would have liked some stuff that the none dealers had....

I know that these are words but have no idea what they mean when they are in this order

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Yea i wound up leaving around then too... but had a great day.. My plan was not to buy as I am working on a private deal that is sucking up most of my funds.. but sold a page for good money, traded for one that I think I did good on and met LOTS of people that I have spoken to on the interwebs and now know in person

Geez Jay - we all know you’re a dolphins fan , but could you of found a smaller mask ? :baiting::nyah: