• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyers: What is your plan for the current insanity?
3 3

286 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I would rather see the Blob's taint than lay eyes on that awful Elfquest art.

I always liked the story and art.......but more so the story for me.  

It's a style of fantasy art......so it's not going to have the same style as "traditional" comic book art.

Like Manga.......I wouldn't insult my butt by wiping with that stuff.......but I understand that tastes are different and some people wouldn't mind wiping their butts with it.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 4/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, D84 said:

The prices have hit heights I can not justify to myself. I'm done buying. There may he some stuff I miss out on, but I love my collection and if this is it, I'm content with my comics.

Same, I will still bid on the if chance that I get it at the price I want but I ain't expecting anything.

6 hours ago, Vince G said:

Wow!  You know, that book was dead for the longest time.  insufficiently_thoughtful_person me spent $50 for a copy of that book during the indie craze of the mid-80s, and it wasn't worth more than $50 until what, two months ago??

no. it has been worth something all along. depends on the condition. the numbers he cited showed 9.2s being in the $170s in 2020, which means a nice raw copy was probably $100, which sounds about right as i would consider buying the book, but i never wanted to pay more than $50-75 for a raw copy.

Elfquest started in the 70s, so it was not so much about the indie craze. It had a devout following in the 80s, probably among people who also liked D&D.

6 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I would rather see the Blob's taint than lay eyes on that awful Elfquest art.

WTF you bringing me up for? 

Anyway, I kind of like the art, at least on the covers of the magazine sized issues, the first 7 issues. Yeah, it is cartoony, but whatever.