• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgcinhousesignng a lot in house signings? Pg numbers of signers and deadlines in 1st post.
7 7

576 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 10:44 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

does the pressing fee typically not show up on the invoice?

so it looks like the pressing fee does not show up on the CGC invoice 

I spoke with customer service and they said that the book was pressed and emailed me a separate CCS invoice that shows the pressing fee (same invoice number just different paper with the CCS logo)

I guess this is done because technically they are 2 separate companies

I suggested that they include both invoices with the order in the future or make it clear on the CGC invoice that the pressing was done and charged 

surprised this doesn't come up more often 

sorry for any panic caused ..... so I guess I'm back to my original "disappointment" that the book graded a 9.4 with a press, sure looks better than that to me and better than some listings I see on 3rd party sites that graded higher

I'll check the invoices on mine when I get back also as I also always add pressing for the signature series. I will get a separate email invoice from CGC and CCS when payment is processed. That said, my slabbed Invaders #1 for the Roy Thomas went from a 9.2 to 9.6 after pressing so definite positive on that. 

I have had notes from CCS in the past that have stated pressing wouldn't help and they did not process. 

On 12/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

so it looks like the pressing fee does not show up on the CGC invoice 

I spoke with customer service and they said that the book was pressed and emailed me a separate CCS invoice that shows the pressing fee (same invoice number just different paper with the CCS logo)

I guess this is done because technically they are 2 separate companies

I suggested that they include both invoices with the order in the future or make it clear on the CGC invoice that the pressing was done and charged 

surprised this doesn't come up more often 

sorry for any panic caused ..... so I guess I'm back to my original "disappointment" that the book graded a 9.4 with a press, sure looks better than that to me and better than some listings I see on 3rd party sites that graded higher

Yes I called too. I know I was charged for both in the 1st place. I got two separate emails. 

Still you brought up an interesting point, I hadn't noticed the paper, so I called to double check.

Mine was pressed as well.

CGC Joins with Celebrity Authentics for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Anne Hathaway!

Posted on 12/2/2021

Get ready for an exciting Private Signing with The Dark Knight Rises star Anne Hathaway!

thumbnail_CGC_Hathaway-220211202085505423.jpg

CGC is joining forces with Celebrity Authentics to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing opportunity with acclaimed actress Anne Hathaway. Winner of an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award and Prime-time Emmy Award, Hathaway is among the most sought after actresses in film. She is perhaps best known to the comic world for her role as Selina Kyle / Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and Disney’s Alice In Wonderland films.

To help create that special piece, Anne will also be completing Personalizations, Character Names and Quotes to items for an additional fee. For more information about these options, visit CelebrityAuthentics.com.

“For some time, we’ve worked to secure a signing with Anne, and we are excited to be able to finally announce a signing with her,” notes Joe Lamothe, Celebrity Authentics President. “This will be Anne’s first and only signing that we have scheduled, so collectors won’t want to miss this truly rare opportunity to add her to their collection. We are equally glad to have our friends at CGC being a part of this truly special signing."

"CGC has enjoyed a longstanding collaboration with Celebrity Authentics, who were among the first to champion CGC Signature Series,” shares Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. "We are honored to work with Celebrity Authentics and the extraordinary list of talent they continue to make available to fans each and every year.  Featuring the first ever autograph signing with Anne Hathaway is certainly a great way to end 2021 and prepare for the new year!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, January 14, 2022.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Hathaway signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Anne Hathaway is $350 per item and includes:

• Anne Hathaway’s signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    ANNE HATHAWAY, PRIVATE SIGNING.  
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to ANNE HATHAWAY under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write AH on all sides of the outside of the box.
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process. 

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, January 14, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, January 14, 2022.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC Announces a Mega In-House Private Signing Event with the Creative Team Behind The Last Ronin

Posted on 11/29/2021

CGC is hosting a to-be-legendary signing event with Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza

The%20Last%20Ronin%20EmailArticle-320211103100030042.png

CGC is beyond thrilled to announce that we will be hosting six incredible comic book artists and writers — Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza, and Esau Escorza — for an exclusive In-House Private Signing event! This will be the first-ever signing that brings together the six creative masterminds behind Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. In addition, CGC has created a custom Last Ronin label exclusively for this signing that is sure to please all the die-hard TMNT fans out there. The TMNT series and entertainment franchise was created in 1983 by cartoonists Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Since then, the Ninja Turtles brand has transformed into a worldwide phenomenon with a number of live-action movies, video games, toys, and several popular animated television series.  

The critically acclaimed Last Ronin five part miniseries follows the lone surviving Turtle on his journey through the post-apocalyptic future. The TMNT co-creators reunited for the first time in years to bring fans a final adventure. Eastman and Laird are joined by legendary writer Tom Waltz, and prolific comic book artists Ben Bishop, Isaac & Esau Escorza, and Luis Antonio Delgado. With this signing, comic fans will be given the opportunity to receive the signatures of all six artists and writers, and books will be encapsulated with our exclusive Last Ronin custom certification labels. In addition to signatures, the artists will also be offering Sketches and Remarques for purchase. See pricing details and examples below. 

Eastman_Remarque20211103090906068.jpg delgado%20Example20211103133416858.jpg

Bishop_Remarque20211103091140677.jpg escorza%20Example220211104163446249.jpg

escorza%20Example20211104163705085.jpg

“You do not want to miss out on this incredible signing opportunity,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “This event is going to be legendary, and we are so honored to be able to bring together these talented artists and writers at our headquarters. We cannot wait to see all of the submissions that we will receive for this amazing signing, and we are certain that our TMNT collectors are going to absolutely love this exclusive event!”

_2905_Lastronin_SigMag_Label_front20211123165014670.jpg

_2905_Lastronin_SigMag_Label_back220211123165246770.jpg
This custom Last Ronin label is being offered ONLY for this event! TMNT fans won't want to miss out on this one time only chance to get books signed and slabbed with this awesome label.
Click image to enlarge.

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, January 21, 2022. 

If you are submitting books from the Last Ronin series, make sure to submit them in our "Last Ronin" window bags as they will not fit in the standard size window bags. Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase the "Last Ronin" window bags for this signing HERE.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled. 

After the artists sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners. 

The Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $120 per item includes:

• Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza AND Esau Escorza signatures
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza Duo Remarque is $230 per item and includes:

• Kevin Eastman, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza AND Esau Escorza Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artists’ discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 
  • Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza AND Esau Escorza signatures

The Kevin Eastman CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Kevin Eastman’s signature

The Tom Waltz CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $60 per item includes:

• Tom Waltz’s signature

The Ben Bishop CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Ben Bishop’s signature

The Luis Antonio Delgado CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Luis Antonio Delgado’s signature

The Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza CGC In-House Private Duo Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

• Isaac Escorza’s signature AND Esau Escorza’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza Sketch is $250 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza’s Sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the sketch is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee sketch requests. Submissions must be a blank sketch cover. 
  • Isaac Escorza’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza Sketch is $325 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza’s Duo Sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the sketch is at the artists’ discretion. CGC cannot guarantee sketch requests. Submissions must be a blank sketch cover. 
  • Isaac Escorza’s signature and Esau Escorza’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Kevin Eastman Remarque is $110 per item and includes:

• Kevin Eastman’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Ben Bishop Remarque is $110 per item and includes:

• Ben Bishop’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 
  • Ben Bishop’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Luis Antonio Delgado Remarque is $70 per item and includes:

• Luis Antonio Delgado’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza Remarque is $90 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Esau Escorza Remarque is $90 per item and includes:

• Esau Escorza’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 
  • Esau Escorza’s signature

Submission Instructions 

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms. 
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:  

• KEVIN EASTMAN, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • TOM WALTZ, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • BEN BISHOP, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • LUIS ANTONIO DELGADO, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • ISSAC ESCORZA & ESAU ESCORZA, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • EASTMAN, WALTZ, BISHOP, DELGADO, ISSAC ESCORZA & ESAU 
  • ESCORZA, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; 
  • ISSAC ESCORZA, SKETCH; 
  • ISSAC ESCORZA & ESAU ESCORZA, SKETCH; 
  • EASTMAN, REMARQUE; 
  • BISHOP, REMARQUE; 
  • DELGADO, REMARQUE; 
  • ISSAC ESCORZA, REMARQUE; 
  • ESAU ESCORZA, REMARQUE;
  • ESCORZA, REMARQUE; 

• Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KEVIN EASTMAN, TOM WALTZ, BEN BISHOP, LUIS ANTONIO DELGADO, ISSAC ESCORZA & ESAU ESCORZA under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add the exclusive CGC custom Last Ronin label to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. If you are submitting books from the Last Ronin series, make sure to submit them in our "Last Ronin" window bags as they will not fit in the standard size window bags. You can purchase window bags for this signing HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TLR on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, January 21, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, January 21, 2022.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

I’ll be on vacation at the time of this sig.  I may not have access to a printer.  Is there a way around the part where you print out the paperwork to submit with my comic?

CGC Announces a Mega In-House Private Signing Event with the Creative Team Behind The Last Ronin

Posted on 11/29/2021

CGC is hosting a to-be-legendary signing event with Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza

CGC is beyond thrilled to announce that we will be hosting six incredible comic book artists and writers — Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza, and Esau Escorza — for an exclusive In-House Private Signing event! This will be the first-ever signing that brings together the six creative masterminds behind Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. In addition, CGC has created a custom Last Ronin label exclusively for this signing that is sure to please all the die-hard TMNT fans out there. The TMNT series and entertainment franchise was created in 1983 by cartoonists Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Since then, the Ninja Turtles brand has transformed into a worldwide phenomenon with a number of live-action movies, video games, toys, and several popular animated television series.  

The critically acclaimed Last Ronin five part miniseries follows the lone surviving Turtle on his journey through the post-apocalyptic future. The TMNT co-creators reunited for the first time in years to bring fans a final adventure. Eastman and Laird are joined by legendary writer Tom Waltz, and prolific comic book artists Ben Bishop, Isaac & Esau Escorza, and Luis Antonio Delgado. With this signing, comic fans will be given the opportunity to receive the signatures of all six artists and writers, and books will be encapsulated with our exclusive Last Ronin custom certification labels. In addition to signatures, the artists will also be offering Sketches and Remarques for purchase. See pricing details and examples below. 

“You do not want to miss out on this incredible signing opportunity,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “This event is going to be legendary, and we are so honored to be able to bring together these talented artists and writers at our headquarters. We cannot wait to see all of the submissions that we will receive for this amazing signing, and we are certain that our TMNT collectors are going to absolutely love this exclusive event!”

This custom Last Ronin label is being offered ONLY for this event! TMNT fans won't want to miss out on this one time only chance to get books signed and slabbed with this awesome label.
Click image to enlarge.

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, January 21, 2022. 

If you are submitting books from the Last Ronin series, make sure to submit them in our "Last Ronin" window bags as they will not fit in the standard size window bags. Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase the "Last Ronin" window bags for this signing HERE.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled. 

After the artists sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners. 

The Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $120 per item includes:

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza Duo Remarque is $230 per item and includes:

• Kevin Eastman, Ben Bishop, Luis Antonio Delgado, Isaac Escorza AND Esau Escorza Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artists’ discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

• Tom Waltz’s signature

• Ben Bishop’s signature

The Luis Antonio Delgado CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

The Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza CGC In-House Private Duo Signing fee of $70 per item includes:

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza Sketch is $250 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza’s Sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the sketch is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee sketch requests. Submissions must be a blank sketch cover. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza Sketch is $325 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza and Esau Escorza’s Duo Sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the sketch is at the artists’ discretion. CGC cannot guarantee sketch requests. Submissions must be a blank sketch cover. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Kevin Eastman Remarque is $110 per item and includes:

• Kevin Eastman’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Ben Bishop Remarque is $110 per item and includes:

• Ben Bishop’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 
  • Ben Bishop’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Luis Antonio Delgado Remarque is $70 per item and includes:

• Luis Antonio Delgado’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Isaac Escorza Remarque is $90 per item and includes:

• Isaac Escorza’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for an Esau Escorza Remarque is $90 per item and includes:

• Esau Escorza’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. 

Submission Instructions 

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join

• ISSAC ESCORZA, SKETCH; 
  • EASTMAN, REMARQUE; 
  • BISHOP, REMARQUE; 
  • DELGADO, REMARQUE; 
  • ESCORZA, REMARQUE; 

• Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to KEVIN EASTMAN, TOM WALTZ, BEN BISHOP, LUIS ANTONIO DELGADO, ISSAC ESCORZA & ESAU ESCORZA under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add the exclusive CGC custom Last Ronin label to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. If you are submitting books from the Last Ronin series, make sure to submit them in our "Last Ronin" window bags as they will not fit in the standard size window bags. You can purchase window bags for this signing HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TLR on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, January 21, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, January 21, 2022.

I will not have access to a printer for this event.  Is there a way around that?

Posted on 11/29/2021

Click image to enlarge.

• Tom Waltz’s signature

• Ben Bishop’s signature

• Ben Bishop’s signature

Submission Instructions 

• ISSAC ESCORZA, SKETCH; 
  • EASTMAN, REMARQUE; 
  • BISHOP, REMARQUE; 
  • DELGADO, REMARQUE; 
  • ESCORZA, REMARQUE; 

PLEASE NOTE:

I will not have access to a printer for this event.  Is there a way around that?

On 12/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, Shawngk said:

I’ll be on vacation at the time of this sig.  I may not have access to a printer.  Is there a way around the part where you print out the paperwork to submit with my comic?

I dont understand, do you have a printer now? Print it out now then, send before the deadlines.

Otherwise you'll have to go to like a ups office to print it out, they'll let you. You just have to fill out the form or access submission email at their store.

If the signing deadline hasn't happened yet, print out anytime or anywhere like a library.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I dont understand, do you have a printer now? Print it out now then, send before the deadlines.

Otherwise you'll have to go to like a ups office to print it out, they'll let you. You just have to fill out the form or access submission email at their store.

If the signing deadline hasn't happened yet, print out anytime or anywhere like a library.

Ok. Thanks.  What can you tell me about window bagging for The Last Ronin 1

On 12/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, Shawngk said:

Ok. Thanks.  What can you tell me about window bagging for The Last Ronin 1

You would have to go to a LCS and buy a magazine size bag and board to make your own. There are plenty of videos online, just need materials. 

I know there are premade window bags for ss for regular size comics, surely there are for magazines as well.

That's the size you would need ie magazine. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, Chazgee said:

I called to ask what's going on. It turns out Mr Sienkiewicz had so many requests for remarques that he couldn't finish them in September and had to return in November. My 3 remarques were done on Nov 9th. That clarifies a lot.

this is good to know

thanks for updating the board Chazgee

still seems odd that something can be stuck in GEI since late October 

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

CGC Announces a Private Signing Event with Comic Book Artist Terry Austin

Posted on 12/17/2021

CGC welcomes the renowned X-Men artist Terry Austin!

CGC is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive Private Signing event with the incredibly talented and award-winning cartoonist Terry Austin! Austin is best known for his highly influential work on The Uncanny X-Men and a variety of titles for both Marvel and DC, including Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Superman and Justice League. In addition to signing, Austin will also be offering Remarques for purchase. See pricing and more details below.

Click image to enlarge.

Austin began his career as an inker for a series of Batman stories for DC’s Detective Comics, along with inking Martian Manhunter, featured in Adventure Comics. His work then appeared in the X-Men series The Dark Phoenix Saga, which became one of the top-selling American comic books of its time. For The Dark Phoenix Saga, he received several Eagle Awards for best inker and an Inkpot Award. In addition, Austin has worked as a writer, primarily for Dark Horse Comics’ Splinter of the Mind’s Eye and Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger.

“The CGC Signature Series team is beyond excited to be able to work with such an inspiring artist in the comic book world,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Terry Austin has left an impression on an entire generation, and we cannot wait to see the submissions that we will be receiving for this signing. Plus, we are stoked to be able to offer fans some of his extraordinary Remarques for purchase!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Saturday, January 29, 2022.

If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled. 

After Austin signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners. 

The CGC Private Signing fee for Terry Austin is $75 per item and includes:

Terry Austin’s signature 

Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Terry Austin Remarque is $115 per item and includes:

Terry Austin’s illustrated Remarque.

is $115 per item and includes:

• Terry Austin’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: No real people/likenesses. The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Terry Austin’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

TERRY AUSTIN, PRIVATE SIGNING; TERRY AUSTIN, REMARQUE.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TERRY AUSTIN under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TA on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Saturday, January 29, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Saturday, January 29, 2022.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

CGC Announces a Private Signing Event with Cartoon Artist Gerhard

Posted on 12/17/2021

CGC welcomes the legendary Cerebus artist Gerhard!

GERHARD__SIGNING_EMAIL1-220211215164408352.jpg

CGC is proud to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive Private Signing event with the highly renowned artist Gerhard! He is best known for his detailed and diverse illustrations in the comic series Cerebus the Aardvark. In addition to signing, Gerhard will also be offering his illustrated Remarques for purchase. See pricing and more details below.

GERHARD-REMARQUE%20EXAMPLE20211215164917850.jpg

For 20 years, Gerhard worked as a background artist, environmental designer and cover colorist on the Cerebus graphic novel which has been hailed as, “one of the most sprawling pieces of visual fiction ever created.” Since then he has been exploring other creative endeavors including doing commissioned work through his website, GerhardArt.com; contributing to the awesome Winsor McCay tribute book: Little Nemo, Dream Another Dream; working on a variant cover of The Walking Dead; illustrating a Grant Morrison story Smile of the Absent Cat and most recently, coloring Becoming Frankenstein.

“The Signature Series team and I are beyond excited to be given the opportunity to host such a talented and influential artist,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Gerhard has contributed and created numerous astounding pieces such as Cerebus’ popular crossovers in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We cannot wait to see all of the submissions that we will be receiving for this event and we are thrilled to be able to offer fans some of his fantastic Remarques for purchase!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, February 11, 2022.

If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Gerhard signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Gerhard is $70 per item and includes:

• Gerhard’s signature

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Gerhard Remarque is $160 per item and includes:

• Gerhard’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Gerhard’s signature

Submission Instructions

GERHARD, PRIVATE SIGNING; GERHARD, REMARQUE.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to GERHARD under Private Signing Details.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write G on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, February 11, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, February 11, 2022.