• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgcinhousesignng a lot in house signings? Pg numbers of signers and deadlines in 1st post.
7 7

576 posts in this topic

CGC Announces a Private Signing with Jim Lee, World-renowned Comic Book Artist

Posted on 6/17/2021

CGC welcomes the iconic, award-winning artist Jim Lee!

JIMLEE__SIGNING_EMAIL120210615121510144.jpg

CGC is beyond thrilled to be hosting the multi-talented comic book artist Jim Lee for an exclusive Private Signing event! Lee is a comic book artist, writer, editor and publisher who currently works as the Publisher and Chief Creative Officer at DC Comics. In recognition of his work, he has received a Harvey Award, Inkpot Award and three Wizard Fan Awards.

In addition to signing, Jim Lee will also be offering his incredible Remarques and sketches for purchase. A limited amount of Remarques and sketches will be available, and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to see examples and pricing details below! Remarques will only be done on normal covers, and sketches will only be done on blank sketch covers. No Remarques will be done on blank sketch covers.

FFB2861A-AFE6-4999-8B05-4AE3313A3F9F20210615204259561.jpg JIMLEE-REMARQUE%20EXAMPLE220210615162054919.jpg

Known for his incredibly detailed and dynamic artistic style, Lee is one of the most respected artists in the comic industry. He started his comic book career at Marvel Comics, where his work on X-Men continues to hold his lifelong legacy.

Lee was also the artist for many of DC Comics’ bestselling books and graphic novels, including All Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder, Batman: Hush and Superman: For Tomorrow. Later on, he started his own production company, WildStorm Productions, and co-founded Image Comics, an independent comics company that quickly grew to become one of the industry’s largest publishers.

Two of Lee’s creations, Wildcats and Gen 13, respectively, became a CBS Saturday morning cartoon and a DTV animated movie distributed by Disney. Titan Books released a 300-page art book of Jim Lee’s DC Comics work titled Icons: The DC & WildStorm Art of Jim Lee.

“We are so thrilled to be hosting such an influential figure who has altered, shaped and impacted the comic book industry through his talent and creative work,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are so excited to announce this Private Signing and even more eager to see all of the amazing Remarques and Sketches that will be created during this event!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 30, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Jim signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Jim Lee is $110 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Jim Lee Remarque is $460 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 100 submitters.
  • Jim Lee’s signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The fee for a Jim Lee Sketch is $875 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s illustrated sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 50 submitters.
  • Jim Lee’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    JIM LEE , PRIVATE SIGNING; JIM LEE, REMARQUE; JIM LEE, SKETCH.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIM LEE under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write JL on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 30, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 30, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

9 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Sigh...i'm totally gonna feel FOMO for skipping this.  Best of luck to you.  I'm gonna hold out hope that Jim does another signing with CGC next year so I can at least see more examples of sketches that people got.

There is a correction email that puts a limit on how many they'll do for Jim Lee 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is a correction email that puts a limit on how many they'll do for Jim Lee 

Seems the only change they made was the image used to show his remarque.

Nope, that was the same too.  Not sure what they changed as the limits were always there.

Edited by ExNihilo

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Seems the only change they made was the image used to show his remarque.

Nope, that was the same too.  Not sure what they changed as the limits were always there.

Ah wait, that is what they changed.  Here's the original email I got.  They also specifically added that remarques are on regular covers and that sketches will only be done on blank sketch covers.

image.thumb.png.dbc6b6017b388f53268eb34cf44bde32.png

21 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Ah wait, that is what they changed.  Here's the original email I got.  They also specifically added that remarques are on regular covers and that sketches will only be done on blank sketch covers.

image.thumb.png.dbc6b6017b388f53268eb34cf44bde32.png

Sigh of relief that I chose a regular for my remarque then 

Lol  :ohnoez:

56 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC Announces a Private Signing with Jim Lee, World-renowned Comic Book Artist

Posted on 6/17/2021

CGC welcomes the iconic, award-winning artist Jim Lee!

JIMLEE__SIGNING_EMAIL120210615121510144.jpg

CGC is beyond thrilled to be hosting the multi-talented comic book artist Jim Lee for an exclusive Private Signing event! Lee is a comic book artist, writer, editor and publisher who currently works as the Publisher and Chief Creative Officer at DC Comics. In recognition of his work, he has received a Harvey Award, Inkpot Award and three Wizard Fan Awards.

In addition to signing, Jim Lee will also be offering his incredible Remarques and sketches for purchase. A limited amount of Remarques and sketches will be available, and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to see examples and pricing details below! Remarques will only be done on normal covers, and sketches will only be done on blank sketch covers. No Remarques will be done on blank sketch covers.

FFB2861A-AFE6-4999-8B05-4AE3313A3F9F20210615204259561.jpg JIMLEE-REMARQUE%20EXAMPLE220210615162054919.jpg

Known for his incredibly detailed and dynamic artistic style, Lee is one of the most respected artists in the comic industry. He started his comic book career at Marvel Comics, where his work on X-Men continues to hold his lifelong legacy.

Lee was also the artist for many of DC Comics’ bestselling books and graphic novels, including All Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder, Batman: Hush and Superman: For Tomorrow. Later on, he started his own production company, WildStorm Productions, and co-founded Image Comics, an independent comics company that quickly grew to become one of the industry’s largest publishers.

Two of Lee’s creations, Wildcats and Gen 13, respectively, became a CBS Saturday morning cartoon and a DTV animated movie distributed by Disney. Titan Books released a 300-page art book of Jim Lee’s DC Comics work titled Icons: The DC & WildStorm Art of Jim Lee.

“We are so thrilled to be hosting such an influential figure who has altered, shaped and impacted the comic book industry through his talent and creative work,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are so excited to announce this Private Signing and even more eager to see all of the amazing Remarques and Sketches that will be created during this event!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 30, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Jim signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

• Jim Lee’s signature

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Jim Lee Remarque is $460 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 100 submitters.
  • Jim Lee’s signature

• Jim Lee’s illustrated sketch. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 50 submitters.
  • Jim Lee’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    JIM LEE , PRIVATE SIGNING; JIM LEE, REMARQUE; JIM LEE, SKETCH.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIM LEE under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write JL on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 30, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 30, 2021.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

CGC just received my x-men 268. Can I request it be signed by Jim Lee?

1 hour ago, Kerdese said:

CGC just received my x-men 268. Can I request it be signed by Jim Lee?

That's something youll have to discuss over the phone or by email with cgc, I've not done that process before but I believe it can't be done

If you were going to do REMARQUE or sketch I'd say print out the form to give them the order number over the phone tomorro, just so you could claim one but they'll do unlimited signatures

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

unfortunately, no

Oh really even if it gets done in time?

I heard people ask, but they never reported back here for us to know lol

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Right after I sent my Avengers 57 in to CGC they announced the Roy Thomas signing so I asked. Answer was no so maybe I'll get it back before the August deadline and make a decision to send it back in. Otherwise happy I held off on sending Jim Lee books in as I had the suspicion he'd be lining up for a signing. 

19 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Right after I sent my Avengers 57 in to CGC they announced the Roy Thomas signing so I asked. Answer was no so maybe I'll get it back before the August deadline and make a decision to send it back in. Otherwise happy I held off on sending Jim Lee books in as I had the suspicion he'd be lining up for a signing. 

It's a shame they didn't do a signing with Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair.  I could only imagine if there was a sketch/ink/color opportunity.  :wishluck:

CGC Announces a Private Signing with Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair!

Posted on 6/17/2021

CGC welcomes legendary comic book trio for a private signing!

LEE_WILLIAMS_SINCLAIR__EMAIL3%20(2)20210618115240566.jpg

Lee was also the artist for many of DC Comics’ bestselling books and graphic novels, including All-Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder, Batman: Hush and Superman: For Tomorrow. Later on, he started his own production company, WildStorm Productions, and co-founded Image Comics, an independent comics company that quickly grew to become one of the industry’s largest publishers.

In addition to Jim’s individual signing options, comic fans can also select a trio signing which includes signatures from Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair. Williams, a comic book artist and inker and Sinclair, a comic book colorist, are both known for their notable works with Jim on comics such as Batman: Hush, Superman, WildCATs, Infinite Crisis, Gen 13 and All-Star Batman and Robin to name a few.

• Jim Lee’s signature

The CGC Private Signing fee for Jim Lee and Scott Williams is $130 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s signature and Scott Williams' signature 

The trio CGC Private Signing fee for Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair is $140 per item and includes:

• Jim Lee’s signature, Scott Williams' signature and Alex Sinclair’s signature

• Jim Lee’s signature

• Jim Lee’s signature

Submission Instructions

JIM LEE , PRIVATE SIGNING; JIM LEE, REMARQUE; JIM LEE, SKETCH; LEE, WILLIAMS, SINCLAIR, PRIVATE SIGNING.

PLEASE NOTE:

On 6/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, rexinnih said:

Same here as he seems to hit up the cons regularly. Anyone else that hasnt done a cgc signing you can think of but also does lots of cons? Im trying to buy books in advance and sit on solid raw copies.

CGC Welcomes Marvel Writer Tini Howard for an Exclusive Private Signing

Posted on 6/19/2021

CGC announces a Private Signing with Tini Howard!

Howard__SIGNING_EMAIL120210616164330681.jpg

CGC is excited to announce a Private Signing event with the talented comic book writer Tini Howard! Not only has she been writing the Tim Seeley spin-off Hack/Slash: Resurrection, but she was also given her own series from Marvel Comics: Bêlit, Queen of the Black Coast. Her other popular titles include Magdalena from Image/Top Cow Comics and The Skeptics from Black Mask Studios.

In addition to her most recent work, Tini Howard is known for Marvel titles such as Thanos: Zero Sanctuary, Strikeforce, and Excalibur from the best selling Dawn of X. She has also written comics for major titles such as Rick and Morty, Power Rangers and Barbie. She has created comic books such as Assassinistas and Euthanauts which were published by IDW.

“Tini Howard is a fantastic writer who has contributed so much to the comic world,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Because she has created and worked on some of the greatest titles of all time, we can’t wait to see what fans send in for this signing!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 16, 2021.

After Tini Howard signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Tini Howard is $65 per item and includes:

• Tini Howard’s signature

Submission Instructions

TINI HOWARD, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TINI HOWARD under Private Signing Details.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TH on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 16, 2021.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I asked. They said no. 😬

Question. I have an Uncanny X-men 275 signed by Chris Claremont from SDCC. If I have Jim and Scott sign it, doesn’t it get a qualified label or a SS label with a note?

1 hour ago, Kerdese said:

I asked. They said no. 😬

Question. I have an Uncanny X-men 275 signed by Chris Claremont from SDCC. If I have Jim and Scott sign it, doesn’t it get a qualified label or a SS label with a note?

Is the Claremont sig CGC certified already?  If so, it retains the yellow label as long as you send the slab into CGC and have them remove it.  If the Claremont sig is on a raw book, then you get a yellow/green label.  See descriptions below.

Label Description | CGC (cgccomics.com)