• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgcinhousesignng a lot in house signings? Pg numbers of signers and deadlines in 1st post.
7 7

576 posts in this topic

I had them do a great job from 8.5 to 9.2, when it was pressed by them 6 months earlier and been in their care for almost all of those 6 months 😂

I can't explain it either 😄

On 7/29/2021 at 12:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had them do a great job from 8.5 to 9.2, when it was pressed by them 6 months earlier and been in their care for almost all of those 6 months 😂

I can't explain it either 😄

They once took an 8.5 of mine up to 9.4. 

CGC Welcomes J. Scott Campbell for Another Exclusive Private Signing Event!

Posted on 7/30/2021

Comic industry superstar J. Scott Campbell returns for another signing opportunity!

campbell__SIGNING_EMAIL320210713171812294.jpg

CGC is excited to announce a very special Private Signing event with the talented comic book artist J. Scott Campbell! Without a doubt, Campbell is one of the industry’s finest and most sought-after cover artists with a versatile and unique style that has brought many of Marvel and DC’s most iconic characters to life.

Campbell has made a name for himself in the industry with his inimitable technique, which elevated him to the upper echelons of modern comic book artists. He began his career as an artist for Wildstorm Comics, working on notable titles such as WildC.A.T.S Sourcebook and Stormwatch, and later collaborated to create the series GEN 13.

Along with fellow comic artists, he founded the Cliffhanger imprint as part of Wildstorm Productions and launched his comic series titled Danger Girl through this imprint, which later became a top selling video game under Sony PlayStation.

A few of Campbell's other notable achievements include: having his art brought to life as beautiful 3D statues and fine art prints by Sideshow Collectibles, creating several recent bestselling cover variants in 2019 with Black Cat #1 and Spawn #300, creating highly popular Marvel collector's convention variants and exclusive JScottCampbell.com variants featuring favorite characters from the DC and Marvel universes and working on special project variants with Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Oblivion Song) and Todd McFarlane (Spawn and Spawn's Universe), and other acclaimed artists and writers.

“The CGC Signature Series team and I are so pumped to be hosting another Private Signing with the legendary comic book artist J. Scott Campbell,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “We are so thrilled to be given this opportunity, and we are certain that fans are going to absolutely love this signing!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, September 3, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Campbell signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for J. Scott Campbell is $80 per item and includes:

• J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($30)
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to J. SCOTT CAMPBELL under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write SC on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, September 3, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, September 3, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

CGC Announces an In-House Private Signing with Artist Steve Lavigne

Posted on 8/2/2021

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mirage Studios artist joins the CGC Private Signing lineup!

CGC is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting comic book illustrator, Steve Lavigne, for an exclusive In-House Private Signing event! Lavigne is the artist responsible for creating the majority of the official licensed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles artwork that has become a worldwide phenomenon through TMNT merchandise. He has produced art for Burger King, Redbook Magazine, Konami, Yes Entertainment and more.

In addition to signing, Lavigne will also be offering his fantastic Remarques for purchase. See pricing details and examples below!

For this special signing with Lavigne, he will also be signing and Remaquring non comic book items as well. For more information on how to submit your non comic book collectibles visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/thatcomicgroup/, or email getthatsigned@gmail.com

Lavigne is best known for his lettering and coloring on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles title for Mirage Studios, and is the creator of Cudley the Cowlick, Sgt. Bananas and Stump and Sling. He later became TMNT Licensing Artist and Licensing Director. In addition, Lavigne is the owner of Shellback Artworks, a Facebook page for fans to view and interact with current art projects.

“We are so excited to host Steve for this extra special In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “The Signature Series team cannot wait to see all of the fantastic submissions that we will be receiving for this signing, and we are certain that fans will love this event, especially the can’t-miss Remarques! ”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, September 3, 2021.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Lavigne signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Steve Lavigne is $75 per item and includes:

Steve Lavigne’s signature

Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Steve Lavigne Remarque is $100 per item and includes:

Steve Lavigne’s Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 100 submitters.

Steve Lavigne’s signature

Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.

Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.

Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.

Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:

STEVE LAVIGNE, PRIVATE SIGNING; STEVE LAVIGNE, REMARQUE.

Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.

Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to STEVE LAVIGNE under Private Signing Details.

On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.

Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.

Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.

IMPORTANT: Please write SL on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, September 3, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, September 3, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that

Does anyone know if Clayton Crain will be coming back for a third time. 🤞.  I have received one of my sig books back and I love the infinity signature so much I found another comic I would like him to sign.  It is the amazing Spider-Man issue with the iron spider costume on the cover.  I hope so.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, Shawngk said:

Does anyone know if Clayton Crain will be coming back for a third time. 🤞.  I have received one of my sig books back and I love the infinity signature so much I found another comic I would like him to sign.  It is the amazing Spider-Man issue with the iron spider costume on the cover.  I hope so.

However it is likely he'll come back soon, how soon is the question  :shy: 

Given that he is popular and gets enough books, cgc is sure to have him back, but it may be as soon as next year idk 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, Shawngk said:

On 8/6/2021 at 1:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

However it is likely he'll come back soon, how soon is the question  :shy: 

Given that he is popular and gets enough books, cgc is sure to have him back, but it may be as soon as next year idk 

On 8/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Shawngk said:

🤞

you can keep an eye on CGC's social media sites as well for facilitators they work with if you don't wish to wait for an in house signing

ex. Wed was the last day to submit to ClassiCollectibles who are facilitating a Crain signing at MegaCon  .... not sure if they offered the infinity signature option or not 

They took Jim Lee off the event list

I'm sure that just means its past the deadline

So I removed all the ones that the deadline has past

But still

Hoping Jim Lee is done and we see movement 

CGC Teams Up with SWAU for an Exclusive Chris Pratt Private Signing!

Posted on 8/19/2021

CGC, in partnership with SWAU, is thrilled to announce an exclusive Private Signing event with Chris Pratt.

CGC and SWAU are hosting actor Chris Pratt for an exclusive Private Signing event! Pratt is best known to fans worldwide for his blockbuster roles as ‘Star-Lord’ in Guardians of the Galaxy and ‘Owen’ in the Jurassic World franchise. He also starred in all seven seasons of the Emmy nominated comedy series Parks & Recreation playing the lovable character of ‘Andy Dwyer.’

Pratt’s other notable credits include: The Tomorrow War for Skydance and Amazon; Pixar’s Oscar-nominated Onward; the Warner Bros. animated franchise, The LEGO Movie & The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part; Antoine Fuqua’s The Magnificent Seven; Kathryn Bigelow’s critically acclaimed Zero Dark Thirty; and Bennet Miller’s Moneyball. Up next for Pratt — he will make his television return in The Terminal List (based on the Jack Carr novel) for MRC & Amazon, which he is also executive producing.

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, October 15, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Pratt signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Chris Pratt is $400 per item and includes:

Chris Pratt’s signature

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Chris Pratt ‘Star-Lord’ Character Name is $585 per item and includes:

Chris Pratt’s character name ‘Star-Lord’

Chris Pratt’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.

Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.

Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.

Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:

CHRIS PRATT, PRIVATE SIGNING; CHRIS PRATT, CHARACTER NAME.

Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.

Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to CHRIS PRATT under Private Signing Details.

On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.

Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.

Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.

IMPORTANT: Please write CP on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, October 15, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, October 15, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!

On 8/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is anyones Jim Lee books moving?

Or has the signing happened?

Just curious, as the deadline was July 30th

My sketch has not moved from “received at CCS”. I think cgc will have posts with him when he’s there.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, thesink said:

My sketch has not moved from “received at CCS”. I think cgc will have posts with him when he’s there.

Surely I hope, although I "seems" or "feels" like there have been some artists that CGC hasn't taken to social. Maybe I just missed them idk 

Still Hoping for soon :) not in a rush, I just want to be up to date lol 

On 8/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did get charged by ccs today.

I'm assuming for the Jim Lee.

Surely they wouldn't charge me for the Campbell yet

I take it back 

Ccs charged me for the Jim Lee in July

So this must be the Campbell  arrgh

On 8/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is anyones Jim Lee books moving?

Or has the signing happened?

Just curious, as the deadline was July 30th

Deadline for Sienkiewicz was July 9, and don't think he's signed them yet. I was billed immediately upon receipt.

Sitting at "Received at CCS" since July 29.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:38 AM, Chazgee said:

Deadline for Sienkiewicz was July 9, and don't think he's signed them yet. I was billed immediately upon receipt.

Sitting at "Received at CCS" since July 29.

Ok cool, sounds good. Because I was charged by ccs for what I thought was Jim Lee mid July, which was two weeks before the mail in deadline.

I was yesterday charged by ccs for what I figure is Campbell because they have my book again and the deadline for mail in isn't for another 2 weeks again.

So I'm just double checking if they charged me in July and 2nd time yesterday was again for Jim Lee and that he is signing soon lol and some how they forgot haha

But it looks like from y'all's advice that the yesterday 2nd time was for Campbell!

Thanks a bunch. :)

I've been thinking about how they're doing the "scheduling" of creators. I assume they arrange with the creators rep that the creator is willing to do a signing with an "as soon as" date. CGC announces the signing with a submission deadline of 1-3 weeks before the "as soon as" date. Once they pass the deadline they then soft book the creator knowing the volume of signatures/remarks/sketches but allow almost limitless flexibility since CGC has already been paid by the submitter (maybe CGC doesn't even pay for transportation, hotel etc and wait for the creator schedule to align with the signing) and that's why CGC won't give us a signing date.