• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC set to return this fall...!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

I was able to click on the link the had in the email to see what was happening and the just disabled it , now it takes me to a page the says tickets not on sale 

Yeap, they must be sold out for the day, or they people still in the que will sell them out for the day.  I think they still have they second sales window for people that were not legacy verification people.

12 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

I was able to click on the link the had in the email to see what was happening and they just disabled it , now it takes me to a page the says tickets not on sale 

I think they do that second open sale for people not previously verified in about 1 month.

In the email I received from reed it says at this time , barges to nycc21 will only be available for purchase by you, our legacy fans, who fan verified in 2019 and for fans who sign up go the metaverse superfan membership . I don’t think they will have a second round 

Edited by 1webslinger
Added text

1 minute ago, 1webslinger said:

In the email I received from reed it says at this time , barges to nycc21 will only be available for purchase by you, our legacy fans, who fan verified in 2019 and for fans who sign up go the metaverse superfan membership . 

So it is done. Hope the exhibitors all still come.  A few personal contacts of mine have said they may skip.

10 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

On nycc website I just read that if you don’t have a fan verified account or are not a super fan member, bages may become available through Lyte closer to the show. (That’s the official fan reselling platform ). 

Plus the ones already on eBay.

12 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

There’s always the slight chance of another round if New York State changes the requirements for large events allowing more tickets sold . 

I am fine with less people provided the vendors still show up in close to normal levels.

20 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Not that large of a guest list so far (6 artists). I'm sure that will change.....but

I think venders will be begging to get back in as well as artist alley people.  The conventions are are massive source of income for them.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, drotto said:

Just got through got Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.  May not end up using Friday, but better to have, then sell or give away, then try and track them down later.

Think the fan verification page (Showclick) is currently down or overloaded.  Can not assign my tickets in the final step.

Same here.  Thurs, Fri, & Sun + kids.  I clicked on the link at 10:00:00 and it said I was too early but kept hitting refresh for the next 45 seconds until it let me in.  Then I sat back and watched the Branson launch for the next hour and a half until it finally let me in around 11:40am once all Saturday badges and half the Friday badges had sold out.  Seems like a lot of us were let in around the same time. Makes me wonder if it was the new NYCC SuperFans ticket buyers taking up the queue ahead of us or if it was just that many other folks had managed to squeak in using bots to flood in at the 10:00:44:999 ms mark.  Not sure about the 45 seconds as it could just have been my clock was off by 45 seconds.

I got some extra tickets for some friends but I'm really hoping they do restrict it to 60%.  I'm hoping so that I may actually attend Sunday with the kids.  NYCC 2019 was a mad house on Sunday.  A dealer said it was worse than Saturday.  Had my daughter in a stroller which we abandoned (stroller) as we couldn't even squeeze through the wall of people in each aisle.

15 hours ago, justafan said:

Same here.  Thurs, Fri, & Sun + kids.  I clicked on the link at 10:00:00 and it said I was too early but kept hitting refresh for the next 45 seconds until it let me in.  Then I sat back and watched the Branson launch for the next hour and a half until it finally let me in around 11:40am once all Saturday badges and half the Friday badges had sold out.  Seems like a lot of us were let in around the same time. Makes me wonder if it was the new NYCC SuperFans ticket buyers taking up the queue ahead of us or if it was just that many other folks had managed to squeak in using bots to flood in at the 10:00:44:999 ms mark.  Not sure about the 45 seconds as it could just have been my clock was off by 45 seconds.

I got some extra tickets for some friends but I'm really hoping they do restrict it to 60%.  I'm hoping so that I may actually attend Sunday with the kids.  NYCC 2019 was a mad house on Sunday.  A dealer said it was worse than Saturday.  Had my daughter in a stroller which we abandoned (stroller) as we couldn't even squeeze through the wall of people in each aisle.

I did the Superfan thing this year, because I knew I was going to be traveling the day the tickets went on sale, so I wasn't going to be able to do the queue. It was a whole separate thing that happened the week before the general sale on Sunday (went from 7/1-7/8), so they weren't put to the front of the general sale queue.

Seeing this thread, I'm kind of glad I opted for the pass...feels like my odds of getting through in time to get all four days was probably pretty slim. Still, only did that this year because of other plans; next year, it'll be back in the general queue to take my chances (and hopefully by then, multi-day passes will be back...).

On 7/13/2021 at 10:41 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I did the Superfan thing this year, because I knew I was going to be traveling the day the tickets went on sale, so I wasn't going to be able to do the queue. It was a whole separate thing that happened the week before the general sale on Sunday (went from 7/1-7/8), so they weren't put to the front of the general sale queue.

Seeing this thread, I'm kind of glad I opted for the pass...feels like my odds of getting through in time to get all four days was probably pretty slim. Still, only did that this year because of other plans; next year, it'll be back in the general queue to take my chances (and hopefully by then, multi-day passes will be back...).

Ah thanks for the clarification.  So sounds like it was bots or just everyone else with a faster connection.  Smart move for you, though.  I thought about doing the superfan thing too and would have if I wasn't going to be able to make it to the general sale queue either.  $99 seemed like a bit much to pay for the just guaranteeing a saturday badge but seeing how much they are selling for it seems like it would have been worth it either way.

I suspect next year, even if they do full attendance, we will likely see the superfan option return with possibly even a higher price. 

On 7/15/2021 at 12:31 PM, Shinwar said:

Is cgc confirmed yet to be at nycc?

Not yet.  Nothing on their website for events past September so may be later next month they will have updates.  If they do, it might just be for drop offs if they haven't cleared up their TAT queues.  My late April submission (received in mid May) just showed up as entered into the system last friday. So maybe they are finally getting through the back log and will be able to do onsite by then or by Baltimore's.

Geesh just showed last Friday???! Im holding off on submitting books until they somewhat turn to reasonable turnaround times. I heard that for Baltimore there will be a 3rd party accepting cgc submissions.