• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC set to return this fall...!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

@onlyweaknesskryptonite I dunno if I am definitely going unless they have strict enforcement of protocols but I have a pass. 

As it is I get irritated with people looking over my shoulder and breathing down my neck when I look through boxes or am talking to dealers during non-pandemic years. 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

@onlyweaknesskryptonite I dunno if I am definitely going unless they have strict enforcement of protocols but I have a pass. 

As it is I get irritated with people looking over my shoulder and breathing down my neck when I look through boxes or am talking to dealers during non-pandemic years. 

Completely understand that and do not blame you one bit.

I have removed a bunch of posts.  The virus topic is off limits on this forum.  Here is what dena said.

"This topic is now locked and off limits. Any new threads on this topic will be removed and anyone pushing the issue will be suspended. Enough already."

If I see more posts about this, there will be warnings and the thread might get locked.  

On 9/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sam T said:

It seems like you didn't check this link you posted.

They only have 2 comic dealers in that database: Frankie's Comics and The Comic Mint

And both of them "specialize in variants" LOL

Don’t look at the filters. Metropolis, Dale Robert’s, Harley etc are all there.

Forgot about this since @jaybuck43 told me... 

159662-164018.thumb.jpg.ef521a3c1674fb33dbcc68feae206450.jpg

In the category of "How do I know that NYCC will suck be a little bit more low key this year?"

Every year since its inception the Walking Dead has been the featured promotion on NYCC tickets.  This is the final season of the Walking Dead and the sponsor for the tickets?  Source Point Press

Received my pass yesterday

Edited by Buzzetta

Is CGC going to have any presence at NYCC? I have 7 or 8 Golden Age books and I'd like someone to look them over to help me determine if cleaning and pressing would help any of them. I'd also be turning them over to be graded.

I know it's last minute but I'd appreciate knowing before I lug them on the bus and to the hotel. I will be there all four days. 

This will be my first vacation (sort of) since the 2019 NYCC. I'm so excited for a change of scenery!! Thanks in advance for any info.

And now a series of NYCC tips from... moi... 

NYCC

This is a, "It is what it is" post.

Your thoughts comments feelings on vaccinations are irrelevant.  This is not about the virus.  This is about being prepared with the right documentation to gain entry for people that have not been to NY in awhile.  

As someone who has left their comic con ticket at home one year before they had the verification system, I can tell you that it can happen.  (Thanks to @PeteFromPetesBasement for coming to the rescue that year so I would not have to waste three hours in a round trip to head back to LI to pick it up. )

In case anyone missed it, NYCC posted a link to establish what they consider proof of vaccination status.  This year you must bring proof of vaccination.  You can use your card with a photo ID or you can use the Excelsior Pass on your phone.   NYCC provided a link for those to download the Clear App.  Follow the instructions there, if you want to gain even quicker entry.   This year they are putting a color coded bracelet on you once you have demonstrated proof of vaccination.  

Now remember.  If you leave your ticket at home you can go to the desk and they will provide a new one for a small fee.    If you leave your vaccination documentation at home then there is nothing they can do for you even if you have your ticket. 

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/about/health-and-safety/how-to-get-into-nycc.html

The platforms are getting worse.    Be aware of your surroundings and back to the wall until the train actually gets to the platform.  Looking down the tunnel does not make the train move faster but does give the nut jobs an easy target. 

Be careful.  The city is not what it was in 2019 when you were last here. 

Again, yesterday... 

was only going to go Saturday but saw that Sunday passes were not sold out, so I grabbed one and am now going all weekend. really only targeting X-Men issues for my run, but maybe will try to fill a small box of random other stuff if there are deals. especially Sunday. I signed up for one whole panel on Saturday. I haven't been to a con or show of any kind since 2019 so I don't really care if its not as glorious as usual.