• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC set to return this fall...!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

And now a series of NYCC tips from... moi... 

NYCC

This is a, "It is what it is" post.

Your thoughts comments feelings on vaccinations are irrelevant.  This is not about the virus.  This is about being prepared with the right documentation to gain entry for people that have not been to NY in awhile.  

As someone who has left their comic con ticket at home one year before they had the verification system, I can tell you that it can happen.  (Thanks to @PeteFromPetesBasement for coming to the rescue that year so I would not have to waste three hours in a round trip to head back to LI to pick it up. )

In case anyone missed it, NYCC posted a link to establish what they consider proof of vaccination status.  This year you must bring proof of vaccination.  You can use your card with a photo ID or you can use the Excelsior Pass on your phone.   NYCC provided a link for those to download the Clear App.  Follow the instructions there, if you want to gain even quicker entry.   This year they are putting a color coded bracelet on you once you have demonstrated proof of vaccination.  

Now remember.  If you leave your ticket at home you can go to the desk and they will provide a new one for a small fee.    If you leave your vaccination documentation at home then there is nothing they can do for you even if you have your ticket. 

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/about/health-and-safety/how-to-get-into-nycc.html

Bathe

The only tip you need 😂

On 10/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

Signed up and reserved my first panel in years... why not... @jaybuck43 is also #AllElite 

When did you make your reservation? I've been trying to review mine and make any additional ones I wanted since over the weekend, but I get nothing but errors or blank pages on the stupid Thuzi website after I log in, like there's just no page there at all.

This made me laugh- why is this such a hard concept for so many?  I’d also add was your clothes, you know those pants/shirt you give the sniff test to?  Yeah, test failed.  Wash ‘em.  Wash your hands in the bathroom with soap, don’t sit on the con floor.  Where were these people raised?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, Cocomonkey said:

When did you make your reservation? I've been trying to review mine and make any additional ones I wanted since over the weekend, but I get nothing but errors or blank pages on the stupid Thuzi website after I log in, like there's just no page there at all.

This past Monday

On 10/6/2021 at 9:36 AM, AndyFish said:

This made me laugh- why is this such a hard concept for so many?  I’d also add was your clothes, you know those pants/shirt you give the sniff test to?  Yeah, test failed.  Wash ‘em.  Wash your hands in the bathroom with soap, don’t sit on the con floor.  Where were these people raised?

I am beyond belief at this point when people have such a lack of self awareness that they do not bathe, use soap, wear deodorant, or wash their clothes.  The only 'good' thing is that with a reduced number of tickets this year and how late they were still available, I do not see the Javitz being at the capacity that it has been in recent years.  That means there is a decent amount of distance that can exist between those with social grace and those without. 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, Hockeyflow33 said:

There's also a fair number of people, myself included, who have tickets but are not attending 

One of my friends is in the same boat.  He secured a pro pass but is bailing. I’m close by since I’m working in Brooklyn but if not, I might pass as well. 

Anyone going to NYCC and willing to pickup an exclusive vinyl figure for my wife? It's an artist line she has collected for probably 8-10 years.

The item is $115 and should not be difficult to get. It's lightweight and shipping should be around $10 or less. Willing to pay $165 shipped paypal goods and services. Please PM if interested in helping out and we can chat more. Thanks 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

Anyone going to NYCC and willing to pickup an exclusive vinyl figure for my wife? It's an artist line she has collected for probably 8-10 years.

The item is $115 and should not be difficult to get. It's lightweight and shipping should be around $10 or less. Willing to pay $165 shipped paypal goods and services. Please PM if interested in helping out and we can chat more. Thanks 

PM sent

Apparently, yesterday the Javitz was offering to validate vax credentials.  @PeteFromPetesBasement sent me a pic and it looks like a green washable band with a bead on it that tightens but does not loosen.   The ends look like it should be clipped though so that could be annoying.  I will upload a pic of what it looks like once I edit out Pete's face.