• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC set to return this fall...!
4 4

109 posts in this topic

It was very light all day for NYCC on Thursday.  I was there till about 6:30, and never felt crowded. They actually had new spaced opened up in the main hall (the expansion was more or less complete).  Artist Alley was in a new location and the isles were significantly wider.  Panels for the most part were now located in the new building where AA was 6 or so years ago. There seemed to be overall less exhibitors, and many seemed more spaced out.  In the past they had booth crammed along all the walls, and the walls seemed empty this year.  The floor had several areas of open flood where boothscould easily have been.  Lastly, and perhaps most telling, I never had any wait for a restroom the entire day.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, drotto said:

It was very light all day for NYCC on Thursday.  I was there till about 6:30, and never felt crowded. They actually had new spaced opened up in the main hall (the expansion was more or less complete).  Artist Alley was in a new location and the isles were significantly wider.  Panels for the most part were now located in the new building where AA was 6 or so years ago. There seemed to be overall less exhibitors, and many seemed more spaced out.  In the past they had booth crammed along all the walls, and the walls seemed empty this year.  The floor had several areas of open flood where boothscould easily have been.  Lastly, and perhaps most telling, I never had any wait for a restroom the entire day.

Also NYCC itself had a merch booth on the main floor.  They usually do that in the hallway away from the exhibitors.  That was very telling. 

I will be going tomorrow evening after work and then see what's what for dinner.

One art dealer already said he was staying home on Saturday and would decide that day if he was coming back for Sunday. 

On 10/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

Bought a comic and two pages of art so far.  Total spent so far on 'stuff' $190.

So far... not bad. 

The book dealers seem a little thin on stock in general, and at least 2 or 3 fairly major ones are missing. I also think there are fewer slabs, and somewhat more raw then normal. Is the CGC slowness affecting slab supply, and are more slabs staying in private hands? Fair amount of bronze, and some Silver age keys, but Gold seems more scarce this year.  Dealers are definitely struggling to keep certain books in stock (at least for the stuff am looking for). I also very much miss seeing a certain board member there, he always has amazing books.

The only thing that seems to have a larger presence is Manga and Anime.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:28 PM, zosocane said:

Are they asking for proof of vacc at the gate?

Sort of.  There is a separate area to check your vaccine status that you enter across the street on 35th street about 1/2 block up. You must go there first, prove your status, and get a wristband. Then you enter normally.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:05 AM, jaybuck43 said:

@BuzzettaThanks again for the anime cat!

She thinks all of this is just… weird lol 

Last time I got her the cats that had the tentacles on the bottom. 😂