• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of the River Comic Show - June 27 2021 - East Hampton, CT

16 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, Kevin76 said:

There is no longer a mask mandate in CT, Do we still have to wear them even though the rate of infection in CT is less than 0.50%? 

Masks will be mandatory day of show per venue rules.
From the venue’s Facebook page:
45E031EA-A86B-41D9-98AD-53DF16BDACDD.thumb.jpeg.f1b8ca174dd00f265d60afe08f4b83ed.jpeg

I think it's safe to say that this is now my favorite venue for this event. Hopefully it stays there. Lots of room to move around. In fact, they could easily have fit in more dealers and still have tons of room. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Wasn't busy at all

Which is odd because the parking lot was full when I got there about 10:15
I expected to see a lot more people based on the number of cars in the lot. Maybe the next one will be better attended. 

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

Which is odd because the parking lot was full when I got there about 10:15
I expected to see a lot more people based on the number of cars in the lot. Maybe the next one will be better attended. 

Agreed. I showed up at 11am and could barely find parking, but inside was much less busy than expected. 

There were a few bigger SA books, but nothing to crazy. 

Turnout was less than stellar but the few dealers and customers I talked to had a fun time. I think lack of social media advertising coupled with a new venue really hurt attendance. (This was actually the last event [different venue] I setup at before the pandemic shutdown, it was a packed house). Personally I think the CT comic scene is a fun group of people, so even sales weren’t through the roof, I really don’t mind, especially after being locked inside for 12 months.
Made a fun trade for this book of comic con program art (I traded a translated English copy of El Soprendente Hombre Arana 128)
DFE783A4-FFC3-418D-B71A-119DC20E565A.thumb.jpeg.b99c80ba30a331bec347b7ec1471a421.jpeg660180DA-B0E3-4B19-9DD1-E4D7207D6FE4.thumb.jpeg.2869bf390dbd7a16411be2bb51ba1418.jpeg

2 hours ago, AmazingComics413 said:

Turnout was less than stellar but the few dealers and customers I talked to had a fun time. I think lack of social media advertising coupled with a new venue really hurt attendance. (This was actually the last event [different venue] I setup at before the pandemic shutdown, it was a packed house). Personally I think the CT comic scene is a fun group of people, so even sales weren’t through the roof, I really don’t mind, especially after being locked inside for 12 months.
Made a fun trade for this book of comic con program art (I traded a translated English copy of El Soprendente Hombre Arana 128)
DFE783A4-FFC3-418D-B71A-119DC20E565A.thumb.jpeg.b99c80ba30a331bec347b7ec1471a421.jpeg660180DA-B0E3-4B19-9DD1-E4D7207D6FE4.thumb.jpeg.2869bf390dbd7a16411be2bb51ba1418.jpeg

Nice pick up. 

I'm new to the Connecticut scene. Moved back to CT after 12 years in Boston, so I'm looking forward to getting out to more shows. 

Truthfully, I was happy with the selection. I thought there was a good mix of SA - moderns. I picked up a few early House Of Secrets issues to go toward a complete run I've been working on. 

I probably stuck out of the crowd a bit. My brother and I brought 4 kids (2 each) including two little guys that were running around a bit. 

Dollar boxes are good for the kids but too many of them can make a show feel like a waste of time if you're not interested in that. I found a few items and I'll be at the next one. A contributing factor to the low turn out might be that this show has jumped around to a few locations. Hopefully, it will stay at this location for a long time.

Edited by Jeffro.