• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Change in TAT's
1 1

35 posts in this topic

I believe that this is what a lot of people are saying... it's now 144-days and CGC doesn't announce this. It's always a surprise and not a pleasant one. Clearly I and a lot of people are disappointed that it went from 30 to 144 days within a few months but most of us understand that the times were estimated. It just doesn't "feel" right, it feels shady that a business wouldn't make their customers aware of changes... very significant changes... to take the lead and be upfront.

Why doesn't CGC send us emails and/or update their news feed about this? It would go a long way to make us feel confident about submitting in the future and in the company in general. This really isn't too much to ask.

Here's a crazy idea... maybe a small credit as a gesture of goodwill to those who have submitted in the bulk or economy levels. $25? This could work now that folks aren't charged until grading.

Maybe a guarantee to not raise prices considering the moves PSA has made recently?

Something to let us know you value us.

• Administrator

The website is updated weekly with the new estimated turnaround times. They are just that, our best estimates, and have never been guaranteed for any tier. We do not feel it would be appropriate to send weekly emails about the turnaround times.

Thank you,

Paul

16 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

The website is updated weekly with the new estimated turnaround times. They are just that, our best estimates, and have never been guaranteed for any tier. We do not feel it would be appropriate to send weekly emails about the turnaround times.

Thank you,

Paul

Ya know Paul I been defending you guys for a while but this is getting kind of unbelievable. You cant say that 30 was your best estimate and now 144 is your best estimate. You dont think that makes no sense? Its literally a 100 day difference. Your "best" estimate was pretty way off.

And I get the jargon at this point. "Nothing guaranteed", "Estimate that that time", "We have too many orders", "We are hiring more people and getting a bigger building" etc etc. But these are not very good excuses. You keep neglecting the bulk and finding reasons to not take responsibility. At one point is it not going to be the customers fault?

Im just saying it right now that your either going to have an even more ridiculous TAT or your going to shut down at some point. A credit would be nice but at this point, I dont expect anything except more excuses. Id like to do business with CGC in the future but right now, this is not a very good look. Regardless if its your company'ys fault or the industry's norms or whatever, the lack of acknowledgment of the problem just looks very bad. Sorry man but I probably wont submit again unless things are taken control of. It just looks amateurish from my PoV of the handling of the bulk.

3 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Ya know Paul I been defending you guys for a while but this is getting kind of unbelievable. You cant say that 30 was your best estimate and now 144 is your best estimate. You dont think that makes no sense? Its literally a 100 day difference. Your "best" estimate was pretty way off.

And I get the jargon at this point. "Nothing guaranteed", "Estimate that that time", "We have too many orders", "We are hiring more people and getting a bigger building" etc etc. But these are not very good excuses. You keep neglecting the bulk and finding reasons to not take responsibility. At one point is it not going to be the customers fault?

Im just saying it right now that your either going to have an even more ridiculous TAT or your going to shut down at some point. A credit would be nice but at this point, I dont expect anything except more excuses. Id like to do business with CGC in the future but right now, this is not a very good look. Regardless if its your company'ys fault or the industry's norms or whatever, the lack of acknowledgment of the problem just looks very bad. Sorry man but I probably wont submit again unless things are taken control of. It just looks amateurish from my PoV of the handling of the bulk.

Lol ok don't submit again. You don't need to announce it on a message board, cya!

21 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

Lol ok don't submit again. You don't need to announce it on a message board, cya!

Is this a reflection of CGC's culture? "Sorry but we cant keep promises and dont want to accept any responsibility, so go away bye". Lol what a joke. You cant be serious if you think thats appropriate way of doing business.

20 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Is this a reflection of CGC's culture? "Sorry but we cant keep promises and dont want to accept any responsibility, so go away bye". Lol what a joke. You cant be serious if you think thats appropriate way of doing business.

It was never a promise. But all you entitled people that come on these forums and complain every day as if CGC is not doing their best to meet the demand. Their initial estimates where not just numbers on a freaking dart board like ohhh hey lets choose this. I am positive it was a calculation they determined based on the number of orders they were expecting, the amount of staff on hand, and the allotted time it takes to grade cards. Obviously they received incredibly more cards than they could have ever imagined and they had to adjust this calculation on the fly and its been getting adjusted continuously as the numbers still increased. So yeah if you dont like the company or the service they provide because they couldn't meet an estimate during unprecedent times, than yeah go away. Or stay, but you don't need to let us know on a message board. 

56 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

:roflmao:

EC17D5E5-FB4C-4BF1-9C64-C409B7EF5C0F.jpeg

0975751E-76C0-468B-8C86-436BD8437765.jpeg

A68A4515-6FDE-4838-A57B-EDBDDAA6AD41.jpeg

Just now, DonLaGreca said:

It was never a promise. But all you entitled people that come on these forums and complain every day as if CGC is not doing their best to meet the demand. Their initial estimates where not just numbers on a freaking dart board like ohhh hey lets choose this. I am positive it was a calculation they determined based on the number of orders they were expecting, the amount of staff on hand, and the allotted time it takes to grade cards. Obviously they received incredibly more cards than they could have ever imagined and they had to adjust this calculation on the fly and its been getting adjusted continuously as the numbers still increased. So yeah if you dont like the company or the service they provide because they couldn't meet an estimate during unprecedent times, than yeah go away. Or stay, but you don't need to let us know on a message board. 

Ok first off Don your acting very inappropriate. Your on a moderated board and you keep telling CGC's own customers to go away. I dont know when you thought you became CEO of the company or think your some kind of decision maker, but your not. I have a legit concern and I dont know why you keep dismissing it.

Second, an estimate has to be appropriate. Giving out a 30 day estimate and changing it to 144 days is not appropriate. Do you really think going from 30 to 144 is acceptable? I dont see how it is. Thats a huge different in time frame, as in we are talking almost half a year difference in time. And my orders were PREPAID. That is what makes it worse, even though I paid to have most of my orders upgraded since im not waiting half a year for my cards back.

Finally, regardless of whos fault it is, the changing in TAT's LOOKS BAD. It just looks like CGC has no idea what they are doing. Maybe they have something going on behind the scenes like some secret algorithm through the OC3 optical lines that will fix the TAT's, I have no clue, but regardless, changing the TAT's consistently to very length amounts of time feels bad. It doesnt make me want to come back. It looks like CGC is disorganized and is taking peoples money and not doing anything. Again, that is what it LOOKS like. Nobody knows what is really happening since communication isnt very good. Regardless, yeah I mean going from 1 month to half a year in bulk, like at some point you have to take some accountability for a huge change like that. You cant keep blaming the customers forever.

1 minute ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Ok first off Don your acting very inappropriate. Your on a moderated board and you keep telling CGC's own customers to go away. I dont know when you thought you became CEO of the company or think your some kind of decision maker, but your not. I have a legit concern and I dont know why you keep dismissing it.

Second, an estimate has to be appropriate. Giving out a 30 day estimate and changing it to 144 days is not appropriate. Do you really think going from 30 to 144 is acceptable? I dont see how it is. Thats a huge different in time frame, as in we are talking almost half a year difference in time. And my orders were PREPAID. That is what makes it worse, even though I paid to have most of my orders upgraded since im not waiting half a year for my cards back.

Finally, regardless of whos fault it is, the changing in TAT's LOOKS BAD. It just looks like CGC has no idea what they are doing. Maybe they have something going on behind the scenes like some secret algorithm through the OC3 optical lines that will fix the TAT's, I have no clue, but regardless, changing the TAT's consistently to very length amounts of time feels bad. It doesnt make me want to come back. It looks like CGC is disorganized and is taking peoples money and not doing anything. Again, that is what it LOOKS like. Nobody knows what is really happening since communication isnt very good. Regardless, yeah I mean going from 1 month to half a year in bulk, like at some point you have to take some accountability for a huge change like that. You cant keep blaming the customers forever.

Do you suggest they not give you an estimate at all? I am not sure why it is so hard for your to understand that things changed since they gave those original estimates. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? And they don't take your money until your card goes into grading.... so they aren't taking anyone's money and haven't since February 16th when the policy changed. Once they grade your cards they charge you. And they issued a full blog post a few weeks ago discussing the turn around times and the process going forward, did you happen to miss that? 

7 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

Do you suggest they not give you an estimate at all? I am not sure why it is so hard for your to understand that things changed since they gave those original estimates. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? And they don't take your money until your card goes into grading.... so they aren't taking anyone's money and haven't since February 16th when the policy changed. Once they grade your cards they charge you. And they issued a full blog post a few weeks ago discussing the turn around times and the process going forward, did you happen to miss that? 

All the orders pre-february 17th were prepaid on. They are sitting at CGC not being worked on. They moved from early December to mid December on bulk in an entire month. I dont know how your going to keep defending this since its just poor business practices.

You cant keep changing estimates to unrealistic times and think its ok. It doesnt matter what the actual circumstances are. There just comes a point to where CGC is at fault. People paid money to get their cards back at a reasonable amount of time. Half a year isnt very reasonable. And not even a "yeah we are sorry" is just like a big middle finger to everyone.

Regardless, I dont know if your an employee or a superfan or what your problem is, but the fact that Paul tolerates this type of behavior on his boards, yeah your looking at some awful business relations in your future. Telling people to screw off because their service was delayed half a year without any form of compensation or at least acknowledgment of it being an issue, yeah thats extremely bad business and any potential graders in the future are going to read this and think poorly of this company. And I dont want people to think poorly of CGC, but with this kind of childish culture, what else is there to think? The company is having issues, they arent doing anything about it, its superfans are attacking anyone with a problem, you tell me how this is good business.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

5 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

The main things that are inappropriate is that you still keep talking it upon yourself to keep trashing CGC on their site , telling them how you think they should run their business, threatening that you probably will not submit anymore, the constant posts of entitlement, and now that you are commenting on someone else's ask CGC message. 

First if you have issues( rhetorical it is obvious you do) create your own ask cgc thread and ask rational questions.  

Second quit cluttering up others threads with your trash.

Third if this trend continues the choice to leave will no longer be up to you as I am sure at this point moderators are getting just as tired of you as most of the rest of us. 

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. 2c

2 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

All the orders pre-february 17th were prepaid on. They are sitting at CGC not being worked on. They moved from early December to mid December on bulk in an entire month. I dont know how your going to keep defending this since its just poor business practices.

You cant keep changing estimates to unrealistic times and think its ok. It doesnt matter what the actual circumstances are. There just comes a point to where CGC is at fault. People paid money to get their cards back at a reasonable amount of time. Half a year isnt very reasonable. And not even a "yeah we are sorry" is just like a big middle finger to everyone.

Regardless, I dont know if your an employee or a superfan or what your problem is, but the fact that Paul tolerates, yeah your looking at some awful business relations in your future. Telling people to off because their service was delayed half a year without any form of compensation or at least acknowledgment of it being an issue, yeah thats extremely bad business and any potential graders in the future are going to read this and think poorly. 

I am not an "employee or a superfan", just a reasonable person that can understand the complexities of a situation. Complaining does nothing.

14 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The main things that are inappropriate is that you still keep talking it upon yourself to keep trashing CGC on their site , telling them how you think they should run their business, threatening that you probably will not submit anymore, the constant posts of entitlement, and now that you are commenting on someone else's ask CGC message. 

First if you have issues( rhetorical it is obvious you do) create your own ask cgc thread and ask rational questions.  

Second quit cluttering up others threads with your trash.

Third if this trend continues the choice to leave will no longer be up to you as I am sure at this point moderators are getting just as tired of you as most of the rest of us. 

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. 2c

How am I trashing CGC? Im not telling them to do anything. Im just telling them how I feel. Its a free country. If you dont like it then maybe you should be the one who leaves. And Im not threatening anything. I dont want to submit to a company that tells me one thing and then does another after I gave them money. Maybe your ok with that kind of service but im not. 

Blaming the customer yet continuing to not solve your problems seems to be a theme here. This is a business. You can blame me forever, but thats not going to fix TAT's or improve the service. You can ban me, talk poorly about me, make your little high school jokes about me until the end of time, but that doesnt change that CGC is not doing a great job with how they are handling TAT's. Blaming me or any customer doesnt change reality.

9 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

I am not an "employee or a superfan", just a reasonable person that can understand the complexities of a situation. Complaining does nothing.

No, your not being remotely reasonable. Your acting extremely inappropriate. I have a reasonable complaint that Im trying to talk about with an employee at the company yet your coming here acting like a manager telling me to screw off when you have zero authority whatsoever. Its embarrassing that Paul is even allowing this and this is a good reason too why Im not coming back to CGC since the culture is very reflective in its superfans. Childish behavior runs rampant on these forums while work at the company is not getting done and mods are on here wasting their time dealing with this. I cant be the only one who thinks this is backwards. 

Welcome to the block list. No point in trying to have a conversation with someone who refuses to listen and just keeps talking over me. I dont know on what planet you think your defending CGC well but your just digging the hole deeper and im not interested in talking to you future.

8 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

No, your not being remotely reasonable. Your acting extremely inappropriate. I have a reasonable complaint that Im trying to talk about with an employee at the company yet your coming here acting like a manager telling me to screw off when you have zero authority whatsoever. Its embarrassing that Paul is even allowing this and this is a good reason too why Im not coming back to CGC since the culture is very reflective in its superfans.

Welcome to the block list. No point in trying to have a conversation with someone who refuses to listen and just keeps talking over me. I dont know on what planet you think your defending CGC well but your just digging the hole deeper and im not interested in talking to you future.

Maybe CGC can send you a lollipop or something 

11 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

How am I trashing CGC? Im not telling them to do anything. Im just telling them how I feel. Its a free country. If you dont like it then maybe you should be the one who leaves. And Im not threatening anything. I dont want to submit to a company that tells me one thing and then does another after I gave them money. Maybe your ok with that kind of service but im not. 

Blaming the customer yet continuing to not solve your problems seems to be a theme here. This is a business. You can blame me forever, but thats not going to fix TAT's or improve the service.

You are free to tell them all you want, just do not do it in someone else's thread to ask questions. These boards have many sections.  Feel free to create your own. This is not the place. Although with your posting habits I do not think you will be around here long. 

2 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Lol and this company thinks its trying to run a business. Maybe they should stick to lemonade stands since I dont see any adults in the room.

Maybe you should set up a stand and offer your opinion? :idea: