• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the ceiling on Special Marvel Edition 15?
1 1

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

You mean all of these long running and supposedly successful TV shows like the Arrowverse, Black Lightning, Star Girl, Gotham and all of their related comic book intros of long established DC characters for some reason just don't seem to have the same effect on the DC books like they do with the Marvel books.  :(

Star Girl was very good!

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about this as the current census numbers already indicates over 100 copies in CGC 9.8 plus another some 350 copies in CGC 9.6 knocking right on its door.  (shrug)

You are looking at those census numbers through the lens of a GA/SA collector.  Look at SME15 through the lens of the new generation, who see there are 1400 copies of Spidey #300 in 9.8, or 500+ copies of Ultimate Fallout #4 Variant in 9.8, and it's positively dry out there.

12 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

You are looking at those census numbers through the lens of a GA/SA collector.  Look at SME15 through the lens of the new generation, who see there are 1400 copies of Spidey #300 in 9.8, or 500+ copies of Ultimate Fallout #4 Variant in 9.8, and it's positively dry out there.

Well, I really need to get off my big fat lazy duff then and look for my copies of SME 15 to see if I can help to spike that count a little bit higher (even for 9.6 copies) as we certainly wouldn't want it to get too far behind Spidey 300 and GSXM 1.  :devil:  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, SuperBird said:

the eBay copy finished for 13k+ as well. 

Sold mine last year for about 1/2 of that.  Can't complain since I had cover price + cost to grade in it, but still.  I wonder how much of that increase is due to movie and how much is due to surge in BA prices since the beginning of the year.

6 minutes ago, mcduckz said:

Sold mine last year for about 1/2 of that.  Can't complain since I had cover price + cost to grade in it, but still.  I wonder how much of that increase is due to movie and how much is due to surge in BA prices since the beginning of the year.

It was $7k pre-movie trailer. :)

14 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Not even a week old and already not aging well.

Yeah, and I thought internet stocks looked stupid in 2000 as well and bitcoin was an insane idea in 2010. Win some, lose some. Thankfully I feel pretty confident none of my SE 15s were 9.8s, I just got rid of a lot of 9.2 - 9.4 copies for $35-50 each. At the time I didn't feel bad about it because I had paid $10 each for all of them.

Edited by the blob

On 4/26/2021 at 9:16 PM, SuperBird said:

you'd just think, with 100 9.8s out there, the buyer would have waited for a better 9.8. 

Exactly what I was thinking, a case of buying the grade not the book. :screwy:

4 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Exactly what I was thinking, a case of buying the grade not the book. :screwy:

Why, you ungrateful no good ignorant imbecile.  (tsk)

Don't you realize who is hosting these very boards here and you are only here at their pleasure.  :baiting:  lol

On 5/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, Crowzilla said:

Guess there is a new ceiling after the CL auction tonight.

Kids begging for the days of last month when it was a sub-$10K book

If you are referring to this copy here here that sold for a rather astounding $16,916, you are dfinitely not kidding here:  :whatthe:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dspecial%2Bmarvel%2Bedition%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1479606&id=1479606&itemType=0#detail

00053981698000111255179003.jpg

It even managed to beat the one that sold in a Heritage Sunday Auction at the end of last month for $14,400 even though it had that big fugly looking white strip running down the entire length of the spine which seems to be common with this book here.   Makes me wonder what a truly perefectly centered copy would go for since even this one here is slightly off-centered.  

Edited by lou_fine