• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

lots of changes here, but this caught my eye

Note that CGC is eliminating the Value tier and combining it with the Economy tier, which is now lower in price. Also, CCS is eliminating the QuickPress option due to recent enhancements that have reduced the differences between QuickPress and regular pressing. 

1 minute ago, Lord_Raiden said:

just got the email 

i'm trying to figure out why they think this is a good idea...... they are getting too much stuff sent in, so lets try and cut it down?  

There a lot of costs involved with the expansion of their operations, hiring and training competent staff, and the overall increased demand over the past few months.

I was expecting this to be released much earlier in the year.  Quite surprised it took this long.

so for lower value, pre-1975 books, slabbing choices are now $33 for economy or $75 for standard. Big difference in price and TAT there.

and without the 10% discount on premium memberships, a modern now goes from $18 discounted from $20 to $22.

the point of those 2 changes is probably a decrease in books "on the bubble" being sent in

Edited by Bird

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

here is one sure to get the masses :whatthe:

Screening is no longer available for Modern tier comics and/or magazines. 

I may have missed that note but when I click on the updated services, pre-screen is still available. If this is the case, it’s no good. I better send in a huge submission prior to 4/28

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 minutes ago, paperheart said:

what about the books that have been in the queue for 3 months? too lazy to read email

As long as the online order was placed prior to 4/28 and received by 5/22 (I think) you should be good. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

3 minutes ago, paperheart said:

what about the books that have been in the queue for 3 months? too lazy to read email

The new services and fees apply to all CGC Online Submission Forms completed as of April 28, 2021. Submission forms completed before April 28, 2021, must be delivered to CGC’s facility by May 28, 2021, to qualify for the old pricing.