• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Club
6 6

366 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

God knows what I was thinking.....

Don't get me started on stuff I shouldn't have sold. Every Silver Age Marvel key bar FF1 for starters. We've all been there, mate & as we get older, we tend to go there more frequently. I should have a loyalty card for the "What the hell was I thinking?!" lounge. I'd never pay for coffee again. :facepalm:

On 7/20/2022 at 9:47 AM, rakehell said:

I should have a loyalty card for the "What the hell was I thinking?!" lounge.

I seem to run the lounge. Your card is in the post :eyeroll:

I see some printing plates for sale on eBay if anyone interested, not my area of interest but doesn’t seem a bad price;
s-l200.jpg

AMAZING STORIES OF SUSPENSE COMIC 124 PRINTING PLATES ( ALAN CLASS ) DC MARVEL

AMAZING STORIES OF SUSPENSE COMIC 64 PRINTING PLATES ( ALAN CLASS ) DC MARVEL

Edited by Garystar

On 8/25/2022 at 10:24 PM, Redshade said:
On 8/25/2022 at 10:19 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

Love these 

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_9963.jpeg

Expand  

Nice looking pair.

And properly labelled...

On 8/26/2022 at 10:48 PM, Garystar said:

You say that but doesn’t the label of Creepy #36 say “reprints Fantastic Four #1” (should say #5)

Good spot Garystar. My old eyes would never have seen that.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:48 PM, Garystar said:

You say that but doesn’t the label of Creepy #36 say “reprints Fantastic Four #1” (should say #5)

Even when they 'get it right' they get it wrong! :grin:

On 9/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, Garystar said:

I bet back in the day Duncan never imagined he'd be selling that for six hundred quid one day....

On 9/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, Garystar said:

Don’t think he even bothered putting them in his price guides. 

Indeed. I just checked my old sales records, and I sold my second copy for thirty seven quid. I've always been rubbish at making money on comics. 

Why does Duncan say it is an Out of this World second series when they only went up to number 10. Surely it is a One Shilling comic from the first series and was published in the mid 1960s. If Alan had hung on to all the printing plates for the interiors including this fabled AF15 story what would they be worth now I wonder??

PS: I'm even more rubbish at making money from comics. I gave away hundreds of Class comics including some number ones but in my defence that was back in 1978. 

On 9/15/2022 at 8:05 PM, themagicrobot said:

Why does Duncan say it is an Out of this World second series when they only went up to number 10. Surely it is a One Shilling comic from the first series and was published in the mid 1960s.

Cos he's a big fat wally bags.

58368181_SOTU123b.thumb.JPG.7d7bafa9faed58ad0d32f1034e9ed6d9.JPG

If Alan had hung on to all the printing plates for the interiors including this fabled AF15 story what would they be worth now I wonder??

One meelion sesterces.

PS: I'm even more rubbish at making money from comics. I gave away hundreds of Class comics including some number ones but in my defence that was back in 1978. 

You can't touch my uselessness when it comes to failing to make money on comics due to bad timing, Robot.

As this graph illustrates:

Capture.thumb.PNG.20106d4274743dfabfc394a30135c13e.PNG