• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Club
6 6

366 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

Probably right Steve last year been my most active in terms of buying and selling for years. Alan Class appealed as too many US  Silver runs probably unachievable for me now.

For most of us Mikey. 

17 minutes ago, Garystar said:

Before I started collecting comics I was into Airfix little soldiers. I have been tempted recently to start collecting them and I did recently buy the gun emplacement playset out of nostalgia as I remember getting it one Christmas. It’s gone straight into loft but I kept looking at it in eBay and had to buy it. 

Yes, I ended up buying back records that I'd only just sold a year or two prior. Powerful urge, collecting, isn't it. And slightly illogical at times.

Now you’re talking Gary. I loved airfix soldiers and always wanted battlefield set with pontoon bridge -spent hours looking at it in Kays catalogue as a child but never got it - saw one complete in box on eBay and was so tempted to buy it.

Just now, mikeyc67 said:

Now you’re talking Gary. I loved airfix soldiers and always wanted battlefield set with pontoon bridge -spent hours looking at it in Kays catalogue as a child but never got it - saw one complete in box on eBay and was so tempted to buy it.

Kays catalogue :cloud9:

Just now, mikeyc67 said:

kays catalogue was great - used to fight with my sister to see who got to read autumn/winter copy first. I had hours of enjoyment staring at the toys - easy pleased!

Only the toys....? :whistle:

Grattan and Littlewoods were favourites too. 

Just now, Garystar said:

I’ve always liked the NME’s definition of a drummer - someone who hangs around with musicians. 

Harsh!

And Lennon on Ringo when asked if he was the best drummer in the world - he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles :bigsmile:

55 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

New arrival

60D42D91-41B3-472D-ACB5-F85A48E8A730.jpeg

That's nice - what Marvel does that reprint Mikey, it won't come to me? And is the Man-Ape the Grizzly's brother, or what?  :bigsmile:

Avengers 62 - it is first appearance of Man-Ape who is from Wakanda and enemy of Black Panther - was in the film but don't remember any associated buzz around this issue.

Remember first time I saw Black Panther was his appearance in Marvel UK Avengers # 71 and became one of my favourites.

16 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

Avengers 62 - it is first appearance of Man-Ape who is from Wakanda and enemy of Black Panther - was in the film but don't remember any associated buzz around this issue.

#62 carries a premium compared to surrounding issues but not as much as you might have expected as the character played a quite prominent role in both Black Panther and last two Avengers movies. 
My first Avengers was #73 which was virtually a Panther solo so he’s always been a favourite of mine. It was first of a two part story and took me about four years (pre Internet) to get #74 and finish the story. 

£113...

That's what I would have paid for the original not so long ago.

ac90.thumb.PNG.d7aade77cde4f36c78568a5e04892fd1.PNG

I'm going to stop looking at these now, I think, from a monetary perspective. 

On 7/5/2021 at 9:21 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm going to stop looking at these now, I think, from a monetary perspective.

Yes. It’s getting increasingly difficult for me not to sell my Alan Class comics, it’s ingrained in my psyche that they have no monetary value so seeing them sell for these prices seems to be given money for nothing. 
Any way here’s one I recall getting on holiday in Cornwall - must have been an otherwise Marvel-less holiday;

B235F199-405B-4E55-8BFB-B86520DFB61A.thumb.jpeg.cac7ae3c19c15e5a095cab6b12e1c25f.jpeg

and a bit of Adams, can’t recall where I got this one but would have been for a couple pounds if not pence;

D802CA9A-2783-4F33-9862-E32A186C120C.jpeg

Edited by Garystar

5 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

A couple of upgrades arrived today

43F687F4-3B93-4995-9962-14E0A11B2FE2.jpeg

Niiice :)

And you get a lot more crunched up car for your money on the Alan, than the original.