• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Club
6 6

366 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

A couple of upgrades arrived today

E221B4A0-DE97-4278-B54D-A8066C66690A.jpeg

43F687F4-3B93-4995-9962-14E0A11B2FE2.jpeg

Those are nice examples of those two books Mikeyc67. Due to old age and infirmity I have been selling off my collection ( of over 20 long boxes of US silver and bronze at its peak ) now for 10-15 years but I still have those self same issues amongst the handful that I still possess. I think that I may have photos of them somewhere in this elecktrickery box, I 'll post them if I can find them.

26 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

That would be great to see them.

26 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

That would be great to see them.

I have found the photos but I have forgotten how to upload them (the brain cell with that piece of pertinent info expired a long time ago ) and keep getting the message : Allowed file extensions are: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png.

I'll keep trying to revive said brain cell and post if I'm able to.

Stephen.

Edited by Redshade

38 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

Another couple arrived

If the certificate numbers are accurate, there are 1,438 Alans to collect - are you going for it Mikey?

Collecting pre decimal only plus Marvel superhero covers and titles Astounding  Stories, Creepy Worlds, Secrets of the Unknown, Sinister Tales, Suspense, Uncanny Tales and Weird Worlds.

Total issues 648 of which 132 superhero covers. Currently have 122 of the superhero covers and another 280 issues so still a long way to go.

Another Spidey just arrived!

DDCE2A1B-5E8F-4357-BE87-FAE68EEBECA2.jpeg

4 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

Collecting pre decimal only plus Marvel superhero covers and titles Astounding  Stories, Creepy Worlds, Secrets of the Unknown, Sinister Tales, Suspense, Uncanny Tales and Weird Worlds.

Total issues 648 of which 132 superhero covers. Currently have 122 of the superhero covers and another 280 issues so still a long way to go.

Nice dual pricing on that copy:

Capture.PNG.6a7c691e12436f227608fb6feafd223d.PNG

Good luck on the 648 quest (bet you extend it if you ever get there :grin:)

8 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

Good luck with the quest mikey. You seem to have already got some of the higher ticket numbers which seems to be the most prudent way to go about this type of hunt.

8 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

I remember reading somewhere (in these pages I think) a post about non superhero covers which actually had superhero stories in them. Are you here to remind us where this appeared Get Marwood & I ?

Edited by Redshade

7 minutes ago, Redshade said:

I remember reading somewhere (in these pages I think) a post about non superhero covers which actually had superhero stories in them. Are you here to remind us where this appeared Get Marwood & I ?

You rang

I think @Garystar did that....

36 minutes ago, Redshade said:

There are several. I have posted some on this thread; pages 2, 3, and 5. 
I’ll post some more, although I haven’t got them all, I’ve acquired Alan Classes over the years rather than actively collected them.