• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Club
6 6

366 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2021 at 2:33 PM, Garystar said:

I saved this link someone posted previously, probably robot;

https://archive.org/details/photo-journal-guide-to-alan-class-comics/page/2/mode/2up

Cap America only appeared on covers as part of Avengers but a few of his TOS stories are included in non-marvel cover issues. 

Thanks for that link. I have never seen it before.(Thumbs up).

1 hour ago, Redshade said:

I remember reading somewhere (in these pages I think) a post about non superhero covers which actually had superhero stories in them. Are you here to remind us where this appeared Get Marwood & I ?

.. and on page 1 of this thread we have the reprint of first Spider-Man from Amazing Fantasy #15 which Alan didn’t see worthy of a cover appearance. 

16 minutes ago, Garystar said:

.. and on page 1 of this thread we have the reprint of first Spider-Man from Amazing Fantasy #15 which Alan didn’t see worthy of a cover appearance. 

Oh oh! I must resist temptation, I must resist temptation, I must resist temptation, I must resist temptation, I must resist temptation,

2 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

More Marvel covers this week 

C4E2D52B-8F65-4950-8CF6-0145CCC0206A.jpeg

I like how the webbing sits behind the main title, but over the top wording on that issue - it looks cool.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:35 PM, Garystar said:

Alan was a pioneer of recycling;

What was the record I wonder?

There are four of these in the same title - 10, 104, 132 and 161:

UT10.thumb.jpg.fd94c3553c7b73abe349148370e164be.jpg UT161.thumb.jpg.459e60e3e07022459c86113c956640ad.jpg

I have the two above, 104 is on the way and am still looking for 132

Not aware of any Marvel covers more than two (of which there are many). Can’t think of any issues at all more than four times, the only other four-er I can think of is Uncanny tales 31, 86 (which I posted earlier) 127 and 157. But there are probably others (that atlas cover of policeman walking down street seems ever present on eBay

On 7/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, Garystar said:

Not aware of any Marvel covers more than two (of which there are many). Can’t think of any issues at all more than four times, the only other four-er I can think of is Uncanny tales 31, 86 (which I posted earlier) 127 and 157. But there are probably others (that atlas cover of policeman walking down street seems ever present on eBay

Secrets of The Unknown 18, 148 and 246 from a quick scan. 

When you think about it, it would have made much more sense to reuse the same book across different titles. Any kid who collected just Uncanny Tales would ultimately see the same cover four times. If Alan had used it four times across four titles however....

It's not as if the titles were specific to the reprinted content.