• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is waaaaaay over current fmv
5 5

48 posts in this topic

Was it just two people fighting for it or were there a lot of bidders?  I’m considering putting mine up on eBay.

29 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Not yet. They say on their site that they usually send out the checks within a month after the auction is over...and the auction (April Focused) is still going on.

9 hours ago, Albert Thurgood said:

This seller is very optimistic: he wants $995 for FF #142!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184804271768?hash=item2b07316698:g:LFoAAOSwpxtgjNbr

Claims it is a "10" without providing anything other than a photo of a book in a bag. The bag has a "$2.50" sticker on it and he claims that is the "original sleeve".

Meanwhile, MCS has a copy CGC graded 9.6 for $170 (and less directly).

That copy of FF 142 has ALL kinds of defects going on.  The top right has a corner crease and a stain (could be foxing), the bottom right corner is folded over, stains all over the back, etc.

Seller is new-ish to eBay, and obviously incompetent at grading, too.

Oh, and $32 to ship that POS.

Edited by Lightning55

On 5/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

This seller is very optimistic: he wants $995 for FF #142!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184804271768?hash=item2b07316698:g:LFoAAOSwpxtgjNbr

Claims it is a "10" without providing anything other than a photo of a book in a bag. The bag has a "$2.50" sticker on it and he claims that is the "original sleeve".

Meanwhile, MCS has a copy CGC graded 9.6 for $170 (and less directly).

Optimistic?  Very kind of you, I would say he is totally off his head, but they are "GEM MINT" :eyeroll: