• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is waaaaaay over current fmv
5 5

48 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I have done that also. If it's a book that I really want, I'm willing to pay FMV + $500. This assumes the book has significant value.

Here's a CGC 9.6 that sold for $250 in mid-March. There is absolutely NO way that a CGC 9.8 of this book is worth ten times a CGC 9.6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333900516387?hash=item4dbe058c23%3Ag%3Ac~gAAOSwkmVgNtET&nma=true&si=CE6blMMEgYjw9HKzm26i0%2Fl1F4Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In some instances, I'd go over FMV for books that are notorious for having cream pages for example (TTA 27, I'm looking at you) or books like Marvel Spotlight 5 and Astonishing Tales 25 which are always off sided and you find a copy with white pages or perfect centering on those types of books. This is up there for one of the best Iron Man covers though. Doom and Iron Man on an all black cover is gorgeous! Great book. 

7 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Holy mackerel!  Should I sell?  Mine has OW to White though

2F2C6681-9DF8-4CFA-A6CC-C7168E3B7F66.jpeg

D09D8ADE-CC8F-4429-90B6-0F4516D42BA6.jpeg

Both books are great but that 149 is really sharp  ^^

Tough question. Depends on your perspective. My mindset is... perhaps sell it and I'd use it to buy a more important book in the price range (which translates into me getting an FF 46 9.4 for less than $300 cost) but on the other hand, if I didn't have to sell it to fund another book, then I'd keep it because I liked it in the first place. Tough choice. 

Edited by Timeless icons

" in 30 years these comics will be worth something"............................ and we the "real collectors" all laughed, joked and ridiculed them.

Accept that there are things in this world we can never explain and life will be understandable. That is the irony of life. It is also the beauty of it. Tan Twan.

r960-6e743a4ee2c218dd4e573844a5b55e3a.jpg

Edited by I am not Glenda

17 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

" in 30 years these comics will be worth something"............................ and we the "real collectors" all laughed, joked and ridiculed them.

Accept that there are things in this world we can never explain and life will be understandable. That is the irony of life. It is also the beauty of it. Tan Twan.

Yeah this is a good point! If there is such a thing as a human superpower it would be the power of imagination. The human capacity for imagination is without limit. This is why comic book characters will never fall out of fashion. 

On 4/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, amatta said:

ComicLink also sold an ASM300, 9.4 Newsstand for over $2,200 a few weeks back - so they are tending to have some very off-market transactions & might be doing a good job bringing in less informed money

Marvel Comics 1975 up to the moon baby. Sportscard spec $$ cometh:

14 hours ago, Gaard said:

Selling that Iron Man was kind of an afterthought. I was picking out a few books to sell at auction, and I saw that IM150 sitting in the box. I thought, "What the heck, maybe I'll get my money back". (I bought it off CL last year for $156. I think I even posted it in the "What's new.." thread.) Just before leaving for work on Thursday I checked the bids ... I couldn't understand what I was seeing. All day at work I was thinking that there must be some kind of mistake, so when I got home I immediately checked the bids again, imagine my surprise when I saw that it had gone up even further.

I honestly have no idea what's going on, but I ain't complaining. Maybe there's a Saudi prince out there who had to have it. (shrug)

The book is really sharp and as I had mentioned, its one of the best Iron Man covers IMO. I thought I was missing something crucial at first when I was looking at the price it was at already. lol It is still a bit shocking to see what some books have achieved lately but for a "smaller" book (fmv price, not cool factor), this one definitely stuck out. Congrats on the mega win. Nine days left and its at 3k... curious to see what the final result is. :popcorn: I just picked up a nice raw copy not long ago and I was thinking I was going to submit it (likely a 9.4/9.6) but now I'm definitely submitting it. :insane:

Edited by Timeless icons

On 4/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I’ve been thinking about this lately. I made mad cash pre-ordering 20 copies of  Superman 75 for $2 per and selling them to kids in my middle school for $12 per.

And today - nearly 30 years later, the book can be found on eBay, in bulk, for $15 per shipped - less than it cost 48 hours post-release.

This seller is very optimistic: he wants $995 for FF #142!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184804271768?hash=item2b07316698:g:LFoAAOSwpxtgjNbr

Claims it is a "10" without providing anything other than a photo of a book in a bag. The bag has a "$2.50" sticker on it and he claims that is the "original sleeve".

Meanwhile, MCS has a copy CGC graded 9.6 for $170 (and less directly).

On 4/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, Gaard said:

Selling that Iron Man was kind of an afterthought. I was picking out a few books to sell at auction, and I saw that IM150 sitting in the box. I thought, "What the heck, maybe I'll get my money back". (I bought it off CL last year for $156. I think I even posted it in the "What's new.." thread.) Just before leaving for work on Thursday I checked the bids ... I couldn't understand what I was seeing. All day at work I was thinking that there must be some kind of mistake, so when I got home I immediately checked the bids again, imagine my surprise when I saw that it had gone up even further.

I honestly have no idea what's going on, but I ain't complaining. Maybe there's a Saudi prince out there who had to have it. (shrug)

Did you end up getting paid? I really hope there isn't anything shady going on...