• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's in your "long term speculation" box?
5 5

222 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2022 at 6:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol That is a sporadic spread :shy: all the same, wouldn't mind keeping some of those myself lol I had never seen the label to that variant of Hulk #1 up close either. So Cool.

HA! Yep! I'm nothing if not "sporadic and eclectic". I stumbled in to this interesting thread and just went through the pics on my phone adding books that I consider holds for the time being. 

There are about a half dozen variants for the Hulk #1...this is easily my favorite as a homage to the original Incredible Hulk #1 back in the 60's. I bought a bunch of these several years ago on the cheap and I've been having them slabbed over the years. Definitely going to pop once Red Hulk makes an appearance on TV/Movie. Most of these have already seen significant increases, but will see even more once these characters show up in up-coming movies...then I'm selling and buying a Gen 1 Bronco or K5... :wink:

On 4/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

A bunch of copies of Miles Morales 10 ended up in a dollar bin near me(1st Ultimatum)... scooped em all.

I bought around 15 copies of these out of that dollar bin. Looks like they're going for around $15-25 pretty reliably right now as Ultimatum is part of the current Miles story arc. Will probably let go of a couple of my lower grade copies soon to cover my costs and collect a bit of profit now. Do think I have a few that are pretty high grade, might pre-screen those.

I have been meaning to update this thread with some of my long term pickups from the last few months... stay tuned think I'll do that later today

COLLIDER #1 | DC

Still got 40 of these in a box.

I thought after the movie option, and recall to change name to FBP, then a surefire winner...

Nope.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:16 AM, Hezi said:

Seems like Netflix has some big plans for them

PR could have room to grow, but I’m not touching anything Netflix related unless I know another studio is interested in it. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Right now, I'm just picking up any early work I can by Brandon Graham. Interesting cult following he's developed, sound storyteller, and a lot of his early work is obscure, low print, sometimes overlooked, but his fan base is pretty serious. As he gets more well-known -- possibly as a function of Jake Gyllenhaal's PROPHET project, maybe not -- I suspect the already existing continued upward pressure on value of the rare early stuff may grow significantly.

On 4/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, Argyriac1 said:

Right now, I'm just picking up any early work I can by Brandon Graham. Interesting cult following he's developed, sound storyteller, and a lot of his early work is obscure, low print, sometimes overlooked, but his fan base is pretty serious. As he gets more well-known -- possibly as a function of Jake Gyllenhaal's PROPHET project, maybe not -- I suspect the already existing continued upward pressure on value of the rare early stuff may grow significantly.

Man, his prophet stuff got so weird...i had no idea what was going on. Still dont

On 12/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Is anyone ever going to care about Savage Dragon?

SavageDragon1s_20211205-180815.png.461d6bdade839f12298ff42c7224a4ff.png

(shrug)

I just dug up this old thread and thought it was pretty cool so I'm bumping it up. 

I hope these Savage Dragon books come back.  I have a complete run until issue 75 or 100 I'd like to move.  I think I even have one signed by Larsen. 

If CHAOS! Comics ever gain steam I can retire.  😉 

I've got a bunch of Marvel 1st apps and trying to decide what's the best to grade now. What are you guys digging out these days?

On 12/4/2022 at 6:35 PM, pmpknface said:

I hope these Savage Dragon books come back.  I have a complete run until issue 75 or 100 I'd like to move.  I think I even have one signed by Larsen.

Unfortunately, the only Savage Dragons worth much are the ones after 100. If people think Spawn had a low print run, Dragon is less than half in the 150s and on.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, jazawlacki said:

Unfortunately, the only Savage Dragons worth much are the ones after 100. If people think Spawn had a low print run, Dragon is less than half in the 150s and on.

A local auction house had a run up to 250 in lots a couple of weekends back. It was online and in person. I tagged all of the lots, then forgot about them while running errands. The new owner paid just under $200 CAD for #100 - #250. :frustrated: