• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
45 45

6,926 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Is there a fast and simple way of finding this "taxex" number since I certainly would not like to search manually through some 2,000+ lines of computer code for this number here?  :pullhair:  :censored:

When you’re on the “control U” page, then type control F. A search box will appear in the upper right. Type “taxex” in there and it will bring you to the highlighted taxex price.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Everything is hitting stupid numbers

For me, it's at the point of

Is this a peak and crash situation? 

Or

Is this an influx of new collectors 

All my purchases now, besides what I normally collect, are based on getting books I've always wanted now at inflated prices and picking the ones that I feel will never come down again (hence my xmen 12 pickup)

Definitely an influx of new collectors.

I’ve seen quite a few YouTube videos of baseball card collectors “expanding their portfolio” into Marvel cards, and I can only imagine how many of them have ventured into comic books from there.

21 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

When you’re on the “control U” page, then type control F. A search box will appear in the upper right. Type “taxex” in there and it will bring you to the highlighted taxex price.

You are THE man here!!!  (worship)

This method definitely works best as I simply couldn't get the other 2 previously mentioned approaches to work that well for me.  :applause:

37 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

Don't bother checking the mid to low grades, just like in real-estate, you want to observe the high-ends to see if there's any turn. they are the ones that driving the prices. High-ends have to come down first, then lower-ends will follow

Well, I do recommend checking out GPA Analysis for recent sales data, especially since it’s free for this particular book. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

For books that I'm watching, ASM 238 has slowed and actually dropped quite a bit from its peak 4-5 weeks ago. 

The other books that I'm tracking are still in high demand at ever-increasing prices:

ASM 121, 129, 194, 195, 210, 252, 298, 299, 300, 326, 365, Ann 16

Hulk 340

Thor 337

Do you mean 328 or 361 or 362 or is there something I don't know about 326? hm

E: And I've seen the same thing you have with 238. I watch that one too.

Edited by BoogieWoogie

On 4/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Darkowl said:

Looking at 8.5 grades, I can see how one might think that this book is slowing down a little.

But I’m still not seeing enough data to draw any conclusions that H181 is slowing down as a whole, especially when you consider that pre-movie speculation price jumps really haven’t occurred yet. We might see some dormant activity, but I highly doubt this is where H181 levels off.

3-FF282-B0-C2-EB-4666-B922-205-F25-EF0-F

More proof that IH181 bubble has burst, down on every grade

Grade 9.6: 27.2K down from 31.5K early Apr

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dincredible%2Bhulk%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D3%23Item_1472816&id=1472816&itemType=0

Grade 9.2: 14K down from 18.5K late March

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dincredible%2Bhulk%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D3%23Item_1472412&id=1472412&itemType=0

Grade 8.5: continues its downward move to 10.35K

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dincredible%2Bhulk%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D3%23Item_1472413&id=1472413&itemType=0

Grade 7.5: 7.8K down from 10.2K early Apr

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dincredible%2Bhulk%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D3%23Item_1471961&id=1471961&itemType=0

I notice GSX1 starting to come down too. Which makes sense these bronze keys are not rare to begin with, not like SA keys

18 hours ago, IronMan_Cave said:

1. Ahem.  Every link you posted is off white while the majority of your comparisons are white.  :eyeroll:

2. Looking at just the 9.2, that 18.5k just looks like an outlier.  Several other March sales in the 13-15k range, including two with white pages, which is right in line with your off white for 14k.  Same thing for the 9.6.

3. If anything, contrary to your intended purpose, your list shows the market, and H181 in particular, continues to be extremely strong.

4. Small fluctuations, such as the ones you have illustrated here, even among identical books, happen all the time.  Things don't go endlessly straight up in a vertical line, even if it does seem that way sometimes.

5. Let us know when the books are back to March 2020 prices--ie, when they are half what you have posted here.

Edited by Poekaymon

23 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

You mean prices for OWW copies don't sell for as much as WP copies?  Thanks for the tip. lol 

You also really need to educate yourself on the difference between a market bubble and a market pull pack

I am noticing that you dont analyze markets very well since both books you mentioned are still overall ascending in value.

A bubble means the market has crashed, and most people lost money.  However, a pull back means many people are still up a good amount of money from what they bought the book for, but didn't sell at the height of the market.  Nothing can go up forever so a natural pull back or price ceiling is going to happen at some point.

If Apple shares were selling $145, but then settled (pulled backed) at $133 thats not a stock crash for Apple if you have $102 into each share.  It just means if you purchased at the height of the share price you have to wait till the stock values increases past $145, but the majority of share holders made out.

I will say this and this is just my opinion, but if anyone thinks Hulk 181 and GSX #1 ever going to crash back down to pre-covid levels I wish you luck in finding such a copy for that pricing.  That ship has sailed. 

I really want to say this- I appreciate your advice and educated opinion on this. Very valid points. You've seriously convinced me to invest in at least a 2.0 Hulk #181 should I ever be able to find it. Like Action #1, these are just going to keep going up in value, I'm sure of it. 

5 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

I really want to say this- I appreciate your advice and educated opinion on this. Very valid points. You've seriously convinced me to invest in at least a 2.0 Hulk #181 should I ever be able to find it. Like Action #1, these are just going to keep going up in value, I'm sure of it. 

Appreciate the kind words! :takeit:

Yes, and here is the thing you can always upgrade later.  Best to have a CGC 2.0 Hulk #181 over not having one at all. 

IMO Wolverine is the 3rd most popular comic character now, either way in the top 10 so this book is as blue chip no matter how you slice it.