• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
45 45

6,926 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 12:35 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Catching up to what?  It's already ahead of almost every other book in the Silver Age.

Hulk 1 had been flat for several years, it has price-corrected in 2021 to keep pace with the other Marvel SA mega-keys.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, zosocane said:

Hulk 1 had been flat for several years, it has price-corrected in 2021 to keep pace with the other Marvel SA mega-keys.

Like I said, it's been ahead of every other Marvel key, with only one exception (AF 15).  So I'm not sure what book it's "catching up to."

But if we're talking only about rate of growth, then I understand ... but I would also point out that AF15 was also quite flat until it jumped again earlier this year.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 11/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Like I said, it's been ahead of every other Marvel key, with only one exception (AF 15).  So I'm not sure what book it's "catching up to."

But if we're talking only about rate of growth, then I understand ... but I would also point out that AF15 was also quite flat until it jumped again earlier this year.

The latter, yes, its growth rate jump-started in 2021 as all the other Marvel SA keys were surging.  As to the former, yes, in absolute dollars, Hulk 1 has not fallen into 3rd palce.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, october said:

The bloodbath continues. 

A LOT of people got burned by badly overpaying for super common copper age high grade slabs earlier this year. Market movements are not easy to predict, but that downturn wasn't hard to figure.

Might still be time to drop your newsstand 300 :shy:

On 11/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, october said:

The bloodbath continues. 

A LOT of people got burned by badly overpaying for super common copper age high grade slabs earlier this year. Market movements are not easy to predict, but that downturn wasn't hard to figure.

Anybody still making videos talking about low census numbers and how undervalued comic books are?

On 11/13/2021 at 5:55 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Prices are going crazy , I can’t believe FF 94 is a $200 book now‼️👍😷

$200 is a bargain for that book right now.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:41 AM, october said:

The bloodbath continues. 

Special Marvel Edition 15... am I just getting old and jaded, but boy did ruin all the hype once the movie landed.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:03 AM, Microchip said:

Special Marvel Edition 15... am I just getting old and jaded, but boy did ruin all the hype once the movie landed.

This one is interesting. Actually started dropping before the movie hit theatres. Then, the movie absolutely rocked...with Shang Chi planned to have a huge MCU presence for years to come.... and the book continues its free fall.  That really hasn't happened with any key first appearance that also had huge MCU success with the first movie. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:03 AM, Microchip said:

Right? And that movie was actually pretty fun.

I’m with Sweet Lou in believing that Sony + Morbius isn’t necessarily a foolproof recipe for success.