• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
45 45

6,926 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 10:06 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

ASM Annual 16 as well after WandaVision completed the series. "Oh my gosh! First appearance! :ohnoez:

Rush out and buy it now! :sumo:

On 12/3/2021 at 11:00 AM, Gregd said:

Can I ask why? Is there another issue that took its place?

On 12/3/2021 at 12:00 PM, Gregd said:

Can I ask why? Is there another issue that took its place?

Would also love to know... Capt Marvel 18? Ms Marvel 1?... they all seem to have either dipped considerably or no movement...

ASM Annual 16 as well after WandaVision completed the series. "Oh my gosh! First appearance! :ohnoez:

On 12/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, dikran1 said:

Would also love to know... Capt Marvel 18? Ms Marvel 1?... they all seem to have either dipped considerably or no movement...

I'm just assuming this is the answer lol 

I have no idea where else it could have gone though (shrug) 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm just assuming this is the answer lol 

I have no idea where else it could have gone though (shrug) 

Nah, that book has also lost a lot of luster. Unless he meant ''elsewhere'' as in non-Danvers related books? (shrug)

On 12/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, dikran1 said:

Nah, that book has also lost a lot of luster. Unless he meant ''elsewhere'' as in non-Danvers related books? (shrug)

sorry guys.  I was repeating what Id read here... but cant remember the specifics of the other competing issues that used to be or are now the first appearance.  I think the souring was centered on whether the "Carol Danvers without powers" was ultimately not enough to warrant first appearance status?   and, jeez Im a guy, soI cant figure out why do so many guys hate Brie Larson?  Or are you all surrounded by bodaciousness in your lives!  : )   and she's a great actress and was an (Academy Best Actress Winner) casting coup for Marvel.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, Aman619 said:

sorry guys.  I was repeating what Id read here... but cant remember the specifics of the other competing issues that used to be or are now the first appearance.  I think the souring was centered on whether the "Carol Danvers without powers" was ultimately not enough to warrant first appearance status?   and, jeez Im a guy, soI cant figure out why do so many guys hate Brie Larson?  Or are you all surrounded by bodaciousness in your lives!  : )   and she's a great actress and was an (Academy Best Actress Winner) casting coup for Marvel.

I like Brie, but hated her as Captain Marvel (shrug)

On 12/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I like Brie, but hated her as Captain Marvel (shrug)

It's unfair to lay the blame on the actress.  She was given a --script that didn't serve her well.  For some reason Marvel was so eager to give us a top-tier female superhero, and make sure we all understood that she had an elite-level power set, that they forgot to give her a story in which her power felt more earned.  Yes, we get a lot of flashbacks to fill in her backstory but she mostly just comes off as way too smug.  Even in her cameos in other movies, most of her lines are devoted to letting us know how she's really super busy saving the rest of the universe.  We get it, but it certainly doesn't endear us to the character.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 12/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's unfair to lay the blame on the actress.  She was given a ---script that didn't serve her well.  For some reason Marvel was so eager to give us a top-tier female superhero, and make sure we all understood that she had an elite-level power set, that they forgot to give her a story in which her power felt more earned.  Yes, we get a lot of flashbacks to fill in her backstory but she mostly just comes off as way too smug.  Even in her cameos in other movies, most of her lines are devoted to letting us know how she's really super busy saving the rest of the universe.  We get it, but it certainly doesn't endear us to the character.

Who’s to say a different actress couldn’t have made it work?  Brie was just terrible in this role. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, Aman619 said:

I hate Brie Larson. 

She has way too much attitude and just comes across as a total jerk. 

No one appreciates an arrogant individual_without_enough_empathy. She doesn’t try to be likeable or charismatic in any way. She is just confrontational. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, D2 said:

I hate Brie Larson. 

She has way too much attitude and just comes across as a total jerk. 

No one appreciates an arrogant individual_without_enough_empathy. She doesn’t try to be likeable or charismatic in any way. She is just confrontational. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

It just seemed like she thought she was too elite to bother with superhero films, but couldn’t say no to the money.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:23 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It just seemed like she thought she was too elite to bother with superhero films, but couldn’t say no to the money.

You’re probably right, but then we all suffer. 

Same thing with Jennifer Lawrence. She hated doing X-Men and then phones in her performance. Trouble is…

a) the actor/actress comes off as a total jerk, which is poor for their image, which… is everything to them. 
b) we as audience members get stuck with mediocre performances by individuals that don’t care about the characters we love. 

I am not the biggest Hugh Jackman fan, but the love and devotion he showed for his portrayal of Wolverine made me fall in love with that man. Full respect points. 

On 11/14/2021 at 6:34 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:
On 11/13/2021 at 11:03 PM, Microchip said:

Special Marvel Edition 15... am I just getting old and jaded, but boy did ruin all the hype once the movie landed.

That's Bronze not Copper, but your point still stands.  I was in the market for that book myself and, looking back, could have had much better timing in my purchase.  I clearly underestimated the supply of 9.6 copies of this book, because the market was flooded with them right after I bought mine.

I guess the point to note here is that when it comes to relatively easy to find books in grade, the supply is actually much greater than the demand from a true collector's point of view.  hm

With these media related movie and TV speculated hyped books, it is only for a short transitory period of time (usually during the movie announcement and the release of the trailers) that the speculative demand is greater than the supply of books out there.  Of course, we all know what happens once the speculative demand time period is over because there was never any real intention by these speculators to hold onto these books for any length of time.  :tonofbricks:

Of course it's always a case of to each their own, but as a long term comic book collector, I would much rather be interested in buying books which is more about spending time in the market, as opposed to books which are really geared more towards trying to time the market.  (thumbsu

On 12/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, D2 said:

You’re probably right, but then we all suffer. 

Same thing with Jennifer Lawrence. She hated doing X-Men and then phones in her performance. Trouble is…

a) the actor/actress comes off as a total jerk, which is poor for their image, which… is everything to them. 
b) we as audience members get stuck with mediocre performances by individuals that don’t care about the characters we love. 

I am not the biggest Hugh Jackman fan, but the love and devotion he showed for his portrayal of Wolverine made me fall in love with that man. Full respect points. 

I always hated Tobey as Spider-Man because he didn’t read Spidey books growing up, and had no previous  love/respect for the character.

Sorry, I’m not done ranting. 

That’s what’s so aggravating about the whooole thing. 

How arrogant can you be?

I get it. Brie Larson doesn’t give a mess about comic books or comic book movies. 

But can you at least have the respect that there are thousands if not 10s of thousands of people that, grew up with this character, fell in love with her stories, and support that character by purchasing products, WITH THEIR OWN HARD EARNED MONEY, to see and collect and worship. 

If you are too pig headed and blind to see that kind of devotion, clearly, CLEARLY, your head is sooooo far up your own . 

I hope she disappears into indie film land where we all need her to be. 

Go away Brie Larson, go away…

On 12/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, lou_fine said:

I guess the point to note here is that when it comes to relatively easy to find books in grade, the supply is actually much greater than the demand from a true collector's point of view.  hm

That first Shang Chi is still fetching far more than it did before there was a media announcement. So while I am sure the price went down, it has long to go before reaching the earlier levels.

Edited by William-James88

On 12/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, D2 said:

Sorry, I’m not done ranting. 

That’s what’s so aggravating about the whooole thing. 

How arrogant can you be?

I get it. Brie Larson doesn’t give a mess about comic books or comic book movies. 

But can you at least have the respect that there are thousands if not 10s of thousands of people that, grew up with this character, fell in love with her stories, and support that character by purchasing products, WITH THEIR OWN HARD EARNED MONEY, to see and collect and worship. 

If you are too pig headed and blind to see that kind of devotion, clearly, CLEARLY, your head is sooooo far up your own . 

I hope she disappears into indie film land where we all need her to be. 

Go away Brie Larson, go away…

I hear you but I really truly have to ask you...

Are there really people who "grew up with this character" and "fell in love with her stories"?  I've read everything that Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel / Binary / Captain Marvel ever appeared in and I always considered the character to be C-level at best.

My question is posed with the utmost respect and I am genuinely curious to know (a) which incarnation of the character most appealed to you and (b) which stories featuring the character you'd like to see mined for MCU material.

On 12/3/2021 at 2:36 PM, William-James88 said:

That first Shan Chi is still fetching far more than it did before there was a media announcement. So while I am sue the price went down, it has long to go before reaching the earlier levels.

Well, I would most certainly hope so and I guess one of the main reasons besides sheer lazyness and procrastination that I still haven't even bothered to tried to look for my copies of the book yet.  :facepalm:  :wishluck: