• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WARRREN WAREHOUSE ...
3 3

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had any information about this or links to any websites or articles. The back issue stock was sold off a few decades ago, with multiple copies of many of the issues in the stock. I remember reading about this somewhere but can't remember where. As I recall, the issues listed as "sold out" on the order forms in the magazines were indeed sold out, like the FAMOUS MONSTERS # 26. I remember seeing large groups of a dozen or so high grade copies turning up around here of early Creepys and EERIES that have all sold over the years. I am especially interested in finding out which issues were NOT present in the Warren Warehouse. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I DID find this while scouring old threads in this forum ... maybe that will keep me busy for a few. GOD BLESS...

I believe the Koch Brothers and a few others bought out that inventory and the majority of it was in the VG to VF range as can be confirmed by talking with one of the Koch Brothers and I do not think there was a large volume of Vampirellas left over in the Warehouse Sale. It would be interesting to get professional opinions if more knowledgeable parties could participate on these boards.  I would have liked to know the quantity of each issue and title if an inventory list is or was available. 

One thing to consider is 1 million mags can dry up quick in 20+ years since the Warren Sale... and High Grade Jems in 9.6-9.8 will still be RARE in comparison to the low grades as most who handled these items stored them wrong as there was never the provisions of suitable boxes or containers in the early days. Comics on the other hand from 20+ years ago are extremely common in High Grade as better storage means were available. 

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I was wondering if anyone had any information about this or links to any websites or articles. The back issue stock was sold off a few decades ago, with multiple copies of many of the issues in the stock. I remember reading about this somewhere but can't remember where. As I recall, the issues listed as "sold out" on the order forms in the magazines were indeed sold out, like the FAMOUS MONSTERS # 26. I remember seeing large groups of a dozen or so high grade copies turning up around here of early Creepys and EERIES that have all sold over the years. I am especially interested in finding out which issues were NOT present in the Warren Warehouse. GOD BLESS...

Found this that you might find interesting

https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2019/12/1980-warren-vs-harris-buying-selling.html