• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is DCBS still in business?!?

23 posts in this topic

I’ve cut back on my purchases and usually hit up my local store, so forgive me if I missed something on this.

Pre-ordered a Marvel Omnibus last year.  Order says the item has been pulled, but no shipment.  Emailed with no response.  Was looking around online and some reviews say the store is permanently closed.  

Anyone know?  Thanks

I know Legion HQ already confirmed above, but I had an order shipped from them on Tuesday. I've had to email them before and it took more than a few days to hear back (possibly sent a follow up too, can't remember) but they got back to me eventually. 

3 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

I’ve cut back on my purchases and usually hit up my local store, so forgive me if I missed something on this.

Pre-ordered a Marvel Omnibus last year.  Order says the item has been pulled, but no shipment.  Emailed with no response.  Was looking around online and some reviews say the store is permanently closed.  

Anyone know?  Thanks

They just charged my credit card last week so they damn well better be.  :P

Barely. The customer service has really gone downhill. It now takes about a week or more in between sending an email and getting a reply. The slightly nicer rep who used to handle these things is gone. I got chewed out recently by the "owner" for suggesting strongly that it is on them to check if a comic I've been charged for that hasn't come out in a year is still coming. It was finally canceled by Marvel last week. I'm sure I have my own faults but this person refused to cop to anything legitimate and just tore me a new one like I should live in fear of them deleting my account. I haven't purchased from the site in the last couple months as a result, so I'm not too bothered. If they're trolling the board they could probably figure out who I am if they have that thin a skin, but it just illustrates that a paying customer should not be at the mercy of however nasty a company wants to treat them.

No shipment this month ... no movement on order status, and no communication about delays at all.  Typically monthly pre-orders arrive by the Friday of the last week of the month , so we are now about a week late.

First time this has happened since I've been pre-ordering through them beginning in 2017.

Anyone received any notification about delays from DCBS?

Received a delivery last Friday.
One of the items arrived damaged...not from DCBS but inside the manufacturer packaging.
Send an email to them on Monday and didn't get a response.
Send another email today and they quickly responded and sent me a fedex shipping label to send the item back for replacement.
Now I have to box it up and find a FedEx drop off.
Irks me as the item is only $5.99 and would prefer a refund / toss it out or donate instead.
(Guess I'm spoiled by larger corporations realizing it's not worth the shipping to handle such a small customer concern)

Edited by Troy Division

On 2/4/2022 at 5:14 PM, Troy Division said:

Received a delivery last Friday.
One of the items arrived damaged...not from DCBS but inside the manufacturer packaging.
Send an email to them on Monday and didn't get a response.
Send another email today and they quickly responded and sent me a fedex shipping label to send the item back for replacement.
Now I have to box it up and find a FedEx drop off.
Irks me as the item is only $5.99 and would prefer a refund / toss it out or donate instead.
(Guess I'm spoiled by larger corporations realizing it's not worth the shipping to handle such a small customer concern)

I had 2 problems with a recent order. First, they didn't bag & board any of my books. Second, they sent me part of someone else's order. They sent me a Fedex label so I could ship back the books that weren't mine, and I was thinking it was going to be an inconvenience to have to drop it off somewhere else as well, but is looks like you can schedule a pickup from them

On 2/4/2022 at 7:28 AM, IndyKMB said:

No shipment this month ... no movement on order status, and no communication about delays at all.  Typically monthly pre-orders arrive by the Friday of the last week of the month , so we are now about a week late.

First time this has happened since I've been pre-ordering through them beginning in 2017.

Anyone received any notification about delays from DCBS?

I received an email last week saying the extreme weather is causing shipping delays.

I had sent them an email about two days before, asking why the late shipment wasn't even marked as preparing to ship.

I don't think the email I received was a reply; looked like a mass mailing.

I had a weekly order for comics for the week of  3/2/2022.  Finally got them yesterday (april 29th) after  requesting they dump the Carnage #1 x5 Hitch variant they were waiting to fill.  Not sure why they expected that issue to be filled from the distributor after almost 2 months.  Most of the comics inside were ice cold by the time i got them, but x5 Strange #1 Hidden Gem variant helped take away some of the sting.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:57 AM, krighton said:

I had a weekly order for comics for the week of  3/2/2022.  Finally got them yesterday (april 29th) after  requesting they dump the Carnage #1 x5 Hitch variant they were waiting to fill.  Not sure why they expected that issue to be filled from the distributor after almost 2 months.  Most of the comics inside were ice cold by the time i got them, but x5 Strange #1 Hidden Gem variant helped take away some of the sting.

I have books on my "Unshipped Items" list from 2016, 2017, and 2019 still.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:57 AM, krighton said:

On 4/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have books on my "Unshipped Items" list from 2016, 2017, and 2019 still.

Each year, around December, I email them with a list of books / items that never shipped.
It is always some garbage response about allocated or canceled.
My response is then to ask them to apply the funds to my open orders.
Why can't their system do this on its own?
I can't imagine how much money they are holding on to from customers that don't notice / call them out on this practice.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:54 PM, Troy Division said:

Each year, around December, I email them with a list of books / items that never shipped.
It is always some garbage response about allocated or canceled.
My response is then to ask them to apply the funds to my open orders.
Why can't their system do this on its own?
I can't imagine how much money they are holding on to from customers that don't notice / call them out on this practice.

Some of my items are pre-order books in Valiant bundles, which show as having no cost, because you pay for the bundles up front.

Reviving an old(e)r topic.

Is any board member that is still ordering from DCBS experiencing frequent failure by it to ship monthly despite, of course, paying $7.50 for each monthly shipment? I'm inquiring because DCBS has failed to make four monthly shipments to me (two each in 2022 and 2023 - not shipping in June and July 2023) and its customer service, although it does reply occasionally to me, does not address DCBS' failure to make shipments.

Thankfully, I order very little from DCBS and if it is experiencing any problems that can't be resolved my loss will not be severe. I am presently ordering around three comic books from DCBS to cover the $7.50 shipping cost, which is "money for nothing," and will be rapidly ending any business with DCBS, perhaps waiting years to get my final shipment or, more likely, a credit that I will never use. :frown:

I'll end by noting that in my experience DCBS was very good, give or take, perhaps 15 or so years ago. Of course, I am a sucker for staying with DCBS after the bankruptcy of Mail Order Comics since DCBS took over MOC's pending orders. Well, live and learn.

On 5/3/2021 at 5:36 AM, The Green Ghost said:

If they're trolling the board they could probably figure out who I am if they have that thin a skin

This is what I'm hoping.

I always very respectfully communicate with them and DCBS does likewise with me but, obviously, purchasing and receiving as established and paid for comic books is fun and, unfortunately, DCBS has kicked, stomped, and butchered the "fun" part for me especially since when they have missed shipments they send several boxes and, invariably, the amount of damaged comic books is far beyond the standard.

Well, enough complaining.