• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Pokémon cards should I send to be graded

10 posts in this topic

A few first editions and the gyrados is shadowless. Just wondering which would be worth it to send to be graded. After they are graded I plan to sell them on eBay or hang onto them for a few more years. they are pretty pristine except for minor binder warp

CEF84FFE-02F3-4549-BD92-7C7C2E7C6825.jpeg

B2541FA6-3152-4D18-AC3D-3335D8C1AE1E.jpeg

25230B55-2334-47DC-A9F6-495A62CFA822.jpeg

For a general idea and starting point, you can go on ebay and look at sold psa, cgc, etc., cards. I created a quick search like this for wigglytuff and you can just input the basic information for a new search on your other cards:

wigglytuff first edition holo psa cgc in Trading Card Games and Toys | eBay

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

I would not expect too high of grades on these but I would not say they are not worth getting gradded.  An economy or standard sub depending on value should not really break the bank but will get you an established grade and help preserve the cards for the future if you do wanna just hold onto them for a bit longer, which I recommend as I dont see these selling and making you rich overnight :P.  I love collecting older graded cards even if not worth a lot or high grades. 

On 4/30/2021 at 5:37 AM, Kingboo64 said:

Those aren’t pristine, lots of edge wear and scratches. 

That's what I was going to say. I would start by comparing your cards to some graded cards on ebay. It's hard to tell from a photo but things like edge damage show up really well. Surface scratches don't always show up in a pic. But that edge damage alone on some of those cards could bump it down a couple numbers. When I'm deciding what cards to get graded I look at the raw price and the graded 9 price. If I'll get more than 4 times my grading money back then I consider sending it. Notice I never look at the 10 prices because that's never guaranteed. I've had many cards I thought were absolutely perfect come back as 9s or even 8s. 

Shadowless Gyarados is likely your most valuable card followed by Mewtwo.

People are right though that these cards considered on the LP(Lightly played) side of condition, thus even today won't fetch all that much.

Unless you need the money, I would just get them properly sleeved and stored away.

I wouldn't even grade them yet since I think this is likely the WORST time to send cards to get graded if you're in it for the long.

Grading right now only makes sense to people who wish to flip in this hot market.

Just my .02

On 5/6/2021 at 11:08 AM, Toybot said:

Shadowless Gyarados is likely your most valuable card followed by Mewtwo.

People are right though that these cards considered on the LP(Lightly played) side of condition, thus even today won't fetch all that much.

Unless you need the money, I would just get them properly sleeved and stored away.

I wouldn't even grade them yet since I think this is likely the WORST time to send cards to get graded if you're in it for the long.

Grading right now only makes sense to people who wish to flip in this hot market.

Just my .02

if youre colllecting and you dont submit now, the only thing that will change in the future is that time has passed. and you cards will be raw still, but if you want to collect, submitting bulk stuff now means one day maybe this year youll have them back. prices are not going to go down for grading services.

1 hour ago, Michael McKinney said:

if youre colllecting and you dont submit now, the only thing that will change in the future is that time has passed. and you cards will be raw still, but if you want to collect, submitting bulk stuff now means one day maybe this year youll have them back. prices are not going to go down for grading services.

I predict the opposite. Things go up and down. Grading is up right now while supply is too little.

PSA said once they get their AI grading service up and running, they can go from 25k/Day to 250k/Day.

Eventually, TCG collecting will cool down especially with the FLOOD of graded cards that will enter the market. 

Once demand goes down, so will grading prices.

If you have a 5+ year plan, grading now is not the smartest idea.

Every dollar spent grading a card is a dollar not spent on cards.

Also, grading services can only get better from Slabs, Labels, Grading Methods, etc.

My .02