• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Been Banned By MyComicShop
6 6

113 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I disagree... 

Sometimes 'no' with the reason is perfectly fine. 

"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I don't trust your driving - consider that you need to borrow my car because you just got into yet another accident."

"But I drive a lot safer now and those accidents werent my fault plus I wont be driving Jimmy will I just need the car.  Jimmy has never had an accident"
endless arguments.  Trust me on this.  Just say no, and say 'no reason'.

48 minutes ago, kav said:

Not speaking for anyone else but I've learned it's best not to give a 'reason' for your decision-this can lead to ad infinitum arguments as the person argues against the 'reason'.  I've always advised people when they say no, do not give a reason.  It can go something like this:
"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it"
"Ok what about the next day?"
"I need to use it the next day too"
"Ok what day wont you need it?"

You can get trapped by your own reason as the person sees a way to nullify it.

A judgement accompanied with rationale is different than a judgement accompanied with endless appeasement. I agree that a line should be drawn if necessary.... I've done it countless times in life...

Just now, Callaway29 said:

A judgement accompanied with rationale is different than a judgement accompanied with endless appeasement. I agree that a line should be drawn if necessary.... I've done it countless times in life...

any rationale can be argued against.  you will save yourself grief if you offer none and just say "No".  If they ask why say "No reason".

5 minutes ago, kav said:

"But I drive a lot safer now and those accidents werent my fault plus I wont be driving Jimmy will I just need the car.  Jimmy has never had an accident"
endless arguments.  Trust me on this.  Just say no, and say 'no reason'.

You must have annoying people in your life.  Once I say no I am open to hearing why I might be wrong.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  But I don't like pests.

Just now, Buzzetta said:

You must have annoying people in your life.  Once I say no I am open to hearing why I might be wrong.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  But I don't like pests.

My point was the person who said MCS owes him an explanation-no, they dont.

1 minute ago, kav said:

any rationale can be argued against.  you will save yourself grief if you offer none and just say "No".  If they ask why say "No reason".

But, after rationale is given, and an argument is presented in response...if you stop, it stops. The end... Or at least, that's how I handle things that digress to an unproductive level...

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

But, after rationale is given, and an argument is presented in response...if you stop, it stops. The end... Or at least, that's how I handle things that digress to an unproductive level...

I'm just trying to save all those exhausting steps.  Everyone has a right to make a decision without explaining it.  Unless you are a politician or CEO or something.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm just trying to save all those exhausting steps.  Everyone has a right to make a decision without explaining it.  Unless you are a politician or CEO or something.

I don't disagree. But if rationale had been provided, we probably wouldn't be three pages deep and counting talking about it via a public forum. I'm objective though, both approaches have their pros/cons...

Edited by Callaway29

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You take a completely different stance with this as opposed to cheering me on when I tell people why they are being blocked on eBaylol 

Admit it... you love it when I explain to them why they are blocked. 

That's what she said. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You take a completely different stance with this as opposed to cheering me on when I tell people why they are being blocked on eBaylol 

Admit it... you love it when I explain to them why they are blocked. 

ah but you can distance yourself from situations to your own (and others) amusement.  Your no with one reason is a hard no.

Things overhead on the subway platform:  (Someone on their phone)  "Because if you step foot on my property I am going to call an ambulance for you first and then my lawyer."

I wish I could take credit for that.  That's a good line.  

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, kav said:

ah but you can distance yourself from situations to your own (and others) amusement.  Your no with one reason is a hard no.

lol I mean... lol I am good at the, "why you are blocked on eBay" reasons.

6 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

So just to clarify things - I never had a discussion with the owner or argument about anything political or even any kind of heated discussion. MCS didn't like the fact I returned several books that I felt were over graded. I don't remember the exact dialogue regarding the return but the shop was clearly frustrated by my returning of the books.

I was never informed that I was "banned" -- just one day I went to log into my account and got an error message saying that I couldn't.

It wasn't until today that I called to find out what happened, because as I mentioned above, I placed an order in February with a new account, and never received those books.

I understand that MCS has the right to refuse business to anyone that they choose, but the customer service rep today actually hung up on me which I didn't feel was called for.

I had placed multiple orders with MCS prior to the "returns" order and had no issues, so I'm not sure what happened but don't want to add flames to the fire after my dealing with the rep this evening. I suppose I'll just have to have friends place orders for me if I need books from MCS.

So you returned books and they were 'clearly frustrated' by the returns and then you couldn't log into your account.  Then the customer service agent hung up on you.   That suggests that they remember you and that transaction and it's clear they don't want you as a customer and you should respect their wishes and find somewhere else to buy your books.

1 hour ago, NamesJay said:

So just to clarify things - I never had a discussion with the owner or argument about anything political or even any kind of heated discussion. MCS didn't like the fact I returned several books that I felt were over graded. I don't remember the exact dialogue regarding the return but the shop was clearly frustrated by my returning of the books.

I was never informed that I was "banned" -- just one day I went to log into my account and got an error message saying that I couldn't.

It wasn't until today that I called to find out what happened, because as I mentioned above, I placed an order in February with a new account, and never received those books.

I understand that MCS has the right to refuse business to anyone that they choose, but the customer service rep today actually hung up on me which I didn't feel was called for.

I had placed multiple orders with MCS prior to the "returns" order and had no issues, so I'm not sure what happened but don't want to add flames to the fire after my dealing with the rep this evening. I suppose I'll just have to have friends place orders for me if I need books from MCS.

I missed this post. I suspect there's more to the story here...creating a new account to circumvent a hard stop put on your existing account? This seems a little sketch...

I had to call MCS once, and I gotta say...the customer service was top notch. Super pleasant...

Edited by Callaway29