• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Been Banned By MyComicShop
6 6

113 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kav said:

any rationale can be argued against.  you will save yourself grief if you offer none and just say "No".  If they ask why say "No reason".

I think it's polite to give a reason.

No.....because I hate your stinking guts.

Edited by Domo Arigato

16 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I think it's polite to give a reason.

No.....because I hate your stinking guts.

It is polite to give a reason-but if the other person just uses it to argue against your reason, and not respect it, then you have wasted your politeness.  Not talking about the individuals in this thread just in general.

1 minute ago, kav said:

It is polite to give a reason-but if the other person just uses it to argue against your reason, and not respect it, then you have wasted your politeness.  Not talking about the individuals in this thread just in general.

What argument would they use against the reason being that I hate their stinking guts?

10 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

My “friend”, who was a bad little boy, received a lump of coal from Santa in 1971.  His mother had him write a letter saying he would be good. The next year Santa brought the presents. Try writing Buddy a letter/email requesting reinstatement. You never know. 

919804166_giphy-1(4).gif.e874be4551740912a96cb14cb5c870ba.gif

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
4 hours ago, kav said:

Not speaking for anyone else but I've learned it's best not to give a 'reason' for your decision-this can lead to ad infinitum arguments as the person argues against the 'reason'.  I've always advised people when they say no, do not give a reason.  It can go something like this:
"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it"
"Ok what about the next day?"
"I need to use it the next day too"
"Ok what day wont you need it?"

You can get trapped by your own reason as the person sees a way to nullify it.

Expand  

I disagree... 

Sometimes 'no' with the reason is perfectly fine. 

"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I don't trust your driving - consider that you need to borrow my car because you just got into yet another accident."

You can ask to borrow things like a cup of sugar.. A tool... A movie.. Asking to borrow a car is really asking a lot. I will say do not ask to borrow someone's girlfriend or wife.. 

indecent-proposal.thumb.jpg.24a111472d7c05403a1033b65419f4a5.jpg

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You can ask to borrow things like a cup of sugar.. A tool... A movie.. Asking to borrow a car is really asking a lot. I will say do not ask to borrow someone's girlfriend or wife.. 

indecent-proposal.thumb.jpg.24a111472d7c05403a1033b65419f4a5.jpg

Never loan your car.  Ever.  Watch judge judy.  If you have to give em money for a rental but do not ever loan your car.  You could end up with a wrecked car not covered by ins, a lawsuit against you-all kinds of stuff.  And now ex friend will be saying its your fault deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

What argument would they use against the reason being that I hate their stinking guts?

They would say "why" and if you said because youre an a hole they would say "why" then when you started bringing up instances they would argue ad infinitum why they werent.

Edited by kav

11 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Response:

I am really busy right now.. Can I ignore you some other time? 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Never loan your car.  Ever.  Watch judge judy.

20210430_231228.jpg.4b56f540141ff21112f8e28e575ee0ae.jpg

7 minutes ago, kav said:

They would say "why" and if you said because youre an a hole they would say "why" then when you started bringing up instances they would argue ad infinitum why they werent.

When they say "why" at that point is when I say "no reason". 

That way it cuts off the conversation and they now know I hate their stinking guts and won't ask me for a favor again.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

When they say "why" at that point is when I say "no reason". 

That way it cuts off the conversation and they now know I hate their stinking guts and won't ask me for a favor again.

Now we're talkin!!!!  (worship)

I've heard of a number of people being banned over the years, mostly for excessive returns and one who may have used a few salty words on the phone with a rep.  Stuff happens. If it is important to you, try opening the lines of communication with an email.

Whenever I'd get the MCS rep with the British accent, I'd just hang up and call back. She was not helpful and liked to stir the pot. I guess she is gone because it's been a long time since I hung up on her.  A million dollar operation with a fifty cent gatekeeper.

15 hours ago, kav said:

any rationale can be argued against.  you will save yourself grief if you offer none and just say "No".  If they ask why say "No reason".

This sounds a lot like your refusal to put grades on the books you’re selling. 

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

This sounds a lot like your refusal to put grades on the books you’re selling. 

very similar.  Never had a complaint.  I've seen the horror stories of people that list grades.
avoid drama by not giving grades, reasons.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Your dad banned me from your mom's house

:shy:

I would post it... but I will just cue in @greggy so he can post it.